• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not eating enough

Nicnac_

As per my instructions from hospital........

I should be having 4 - 6 meals a day currently on soft stage 4 tbsp per meal.
I just don't feel hungry and I am having to make myself eat and drink! Most days lucky if have 3 meals just finding it sooooo hard.

Is this usual for bypass?

I struggled with anymore than 3 meals a day at that stage as it was so hard to fit fluids in an wait half hour before an after eating. I seemed to be constantly eating, drinking & clock watching an the day had gone.

I am 7 weeks out just started softs this week, still only on 4 meals per day often only manage 3 cant manage the six and drink my 2 litres with the half hour before and the hour after. its more head hunger that I've experienced this week haven't actually had real hunger. I am assuming that its normal, if ur satisfied on 4 tablespoons of food then I would just stick with that, ur body will let u know when it needs more am sure. my dietician said to take each stage slowly and gradually build up, she said at this stage a small side plate but I haven't managed that so am sticking to 3 to 4 tablespoons until am not satisfied x

I feel like I am eating and drinking on and off all day and have not experienced hunger but when I actually write it down it's really very little.

Breakfast 1 weetabix with ss milk
lunch 1 mug homemade chicken and veg soup blended
dinner 2 - 3 tablespoons low fat prawn cocktail mashed right down
snack 2 breadsticks with low fat philadelphia chewed to a puree

1 latte
several drinks of sugar free squash
1 diluted fresh orange juice.

really not very much but certainly felt like it.

You are still quite early days out and each person is different. If it helps, maybe have one less tablespoon - it may be you are overfilling and so your pouch is not emptying as quickly as the dieticians would want it to at your stage. That said, if its working for you, just keep trying your best. I have yet to meet the post op who is identical to the textbook patient.

Back