• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

not for those of a delicate disposition!

mermaid2708

new year...new me!x
right..as you know i am on pre op shakes ready for bypass on 14...well i am at work and have spent the last hour running to the loo and i think i have expelled most of my digestive system in the form of watery-poo :eek: which was v offensive smelling...my guts have been churning all day but tonight it was clearly audable to me co worker even across the room! is this normal on a liquid only diet??? i have been drinking 3 liters water a day for last 2 days as i had been limiting fluids and found out i should not have been...could that be the cause??? i dont think it is a 'bug' as other than that i feel fine...well apart from being a little tired and weak from only having aprox 6-700 cals a day for the last 2-3 weeks compared to the 4 million a day i was consuming previously!!!xxx

Hi mermaid,

The water is probably flushing you out a bit! It should stop quite quickly, if it carries on for longer than 2 days I should pay a call to the doctor.

agree with shel, all that water will be giving you a good clear out. If you dont feel unwell I'd say dont worry too much about it. When I did CD I used to get terrible gurgling noises from my tum. Dont forget your tum is probably almost empty for the first time in years x

Hiya
my tummy was very gurgly but I didn't have the poo problem - I had the opposite! maybe it's just your bod getting used to all that water as you did say you didn't normally drink so much. Do you have a dietician at Surgicare or whoever that you can ring?

I have been feeling nauseas and today had the runs I think I have a bug though as I feel the nausea whether or not I have eaten...it has lasted a few days but going to my GP tomorrow just to check....there are a lot of bugs doing the rounds just now so I would not totally rule it out....xx

Glad you are feeling better.:):):)

Hi

Hi hun, I was exactly the same on my pre-op diet. I only consumed about 3-500cals a day with 2litres of water I was running the loo for 3 days none stop. It did settle down so don't worry too much. good luck !!! x x x

Back