• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not forum related but - help!!

Starlight

I know its not forum related but this IS the best place I know for advice ;)

All the sounds have gone from my PC. One minute they were working the next - nothing.

Ive tried all the obvious - loose connections etc and my sound settings arent mute etc but theres nothing obvious... anyone any ideas what I can try next or what the problem might be??

Sound card driver? Can you uninstall and re-install?

I'm not a techy person...but might be worth a shot?

xx

:eek: Wouldnt know where to start lol

First check you havent put yr speakers on mute in error

click on

START in left hand bottom corner

SETTINGS

CONTROL PANEL

SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES

Check mute box isnt ticked

:)

Tried that :( Still not working :(

oh just thought of something, try eliminating the speakers.

Plug in a set of headphones, see if they work?

Pierce

Im a disgrace I know but I dont have headphones :( lol

Actually Ive just noticed (Im on my desktop) and the tower under my desk is really hot again... this happened a few months ago but it stopped again and was fine

Well theres life in my speakers they make a buzzing noise when I turn them up full...

hmm im not sure.

It may be the speakers despite the buzz, it could be the soundcard, or it could be a setting..

Have you got any technical people you know that wouldnt mind taking a quick look at it?

Pierce

Sadly not... looks like itll be the PC doctor... at £1 a minute :mad:

My whole blooming PC has conked out now! :( I noticed tonight that when I was hitting a key on my keyboard that wasnt necessarily the letter that appeared on screen!!! I switched it off to reboot it and now it wont come back on. Its getting to the Windows XP screen and freezing!!!

Thankfully I phoned the PC doctor and someone is coming out on Thursday morning. Ive finally got my laptop working I need to sort that out too... I have a network connection via my desktop which obviously at times like this is useless lol

Still I seem to be online again - for now.... bloomimg PCs - like everything theyre great when they work and dont you miss them when they dont!!!

Back