• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not happy....

fuze

I just got weighed for the first time in a week and I have put on 6lbs WHAT THE F#*! IS THAT ABOUT!!! when I got weighed last week I had maintained from the week before and now this. I am only four weeks post op, this is really really not fair. I have only been eating soup, cheese, milk, yogurt, steemed fish and scrambled egg etc as I'm on puree stage and wanted to make sure I have lots of protein. Everything I have had has been less than 5g sugar and fat per 100g.

Why did I put myself through all this? Aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh

Sorry hun thats awful, hopefully someone will be able to explain why that has happened, I didn't want to read and run

Kate x

Hi Fuze, didn't want to read and run but there's got to be a feasable explanation for this gain :confused:

just a thought but do bypassers have to drink lots like us banders? TOTM?

hang in there lovely...don't panic :patback:

No I don't get the time of the month as I have a coil in so don't get bloated or any of the other symptoms. I have been inconsolable for the last hour my OH does not know what to say to me so he said to come on here.

Ahhh :( It may be that your not eating enough? Not drinking enough? You could have water retention.

Were you weighed on the same scales?

xxx

Aww hun I'm so sorry, I really can't understand why you have put on 6lbs, maybe the battery is going on your scales?
Maybe you need to eat more? You really do need to eat to lose weight, even if you don't feel hungry. I am usless at giving out advise, but it really could be that your not eating enough. Hugsxxx

Sorry to hear about the gain fuze, sure its just your body catching up with its self, you have done so well so far sure it will come back off before you know it x

I really haven't got anything to add to what as already been said. My first thought was, were they same scales? same time of day? same location?

I have my scales in the same place (don't even move them off the tile they are on in the bathroom). I only weight first thing in the morning (I am always different weights throughout the day).

I am sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for it. Please don't get yourself too upset. Although I know that is easier said tan done.

(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

Same scales? Same place? I can move mine a few inches and lose or gain 4lb! I know where you are coming from as I haven't lost for 3 weeks and now hubby has binned the scales. You just have to have faith that it will come right in the end.

Logic : eat less, eat healthy = lose weight.

Chin up, I know it seems frustrating at the moment, but it will move again soon.

Hi Fuze
There must be a rational explanation for this have you been managing to get as much protein as you can or can it be water retention give it a couple of days then try weighing yourself again. I have to agree with location of scales if i move mine weight is different. You have done amazingly well so far so i'm sure this will sort itself out quickly sending you a big hug x

I wish I could help Fuze but I have no words of wisdom on this at all...but I do feel for you.

Reading through the post here...it really could be that you're not eating enough...maybe up your protein a bit...

Are you feeling hungry?...how is your portion size?

Hope it gets sorted soon.

(((hugs)))

Fuze are you eating any vegetables? Have you been constipated at all? How much fluid ate you getting in a day.? Remember that although you have the coil fitted with rapid weigt loss it an affect the hormone balance and it could affect yr normal responces so it may just be water retention.
Yr body has had a major shock so it may just be its way of preserving itself.
hope next week brings good results
carole

Fuze I a sure there is a simple answer for this, and I know it will be hard for you to deal with, it is bad enough gaining when you are pre op I am so sorry.
However you have done brilliantly so far and there is no reason why that wont continue dont beat yourself up it will all come right.
Check your intake etc like the others suggest and good luck

Jay xx

I just got weighed for the first time in a week and I have put on 6lbs WHAT THE F#*! IS THAT ABOUT!!! when I got weighed last week I had maintained from the week before and now this. I am only four weeks post op, this is really really not fair. I have only been eating soup, cheese, milk, yogurt, steemed fish and scrambled egg etc as I'm on puree stage and wanted to make sure I have lots of protein. Everything I have had has been less than 5g sugar and fat per 100g.

Why did I put myself through all this? Aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh

Hi Fuze

sorry to hear about this but just a thought, each journey that we go on is different. We can all have the same operation but we all have different bodies. Each one reacts differently. If you think about it, your body is going through a massive change at the moment and after years of scale hopping and worrying about weight, its now time to relax, take it easy and the weightloss will come :) no matter if we stay still for a week or so we can still lose inches as I have found out for myself.
If your eating enough, and drinking enough then this weight gain will disapear from whence it came !!
Please dont get upset, its not an easy this weightloss journey even once you have had the operation. The op is the tool and you have to use it but please dont beat yourself up about it..........its not worth it. Try and relax and concentrate on getting yourself well :) hope this makes a bit of sense to you and you feel better very soon..........sending hugs xx

Back