• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused!!

Andyuk

Hi everyone. I am 1 week post op (lost 23lb already) but am really confused on the food front!! Struggling with the puree and liquids. I had a scrambled egg last night and baked potaote for lunch. I don't have any pain but am I rushing it?

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

HiYa Andy,
What Op did you have done?
Sounds to me like you are rushing things,
I was Bypassed and the first 2 weeks should be clear liquids, then 2 weeks of Puree food, Then 2 weeks on mushy food, then slowly introduce more solid foods,, You are still very early days, And it take quite a while before your inside are healed up.
Did your dietitian not give you any advice or a diet sheet to go by?

Yes she did but I really do not feel the need to hang on. I have no pains and feel normal!! I think you are right I need to slow down a bit.

Its great that your feeling normal,But if I were you I would follow the rules, otherwise you might damaged your pouch, Like I said its very early days and you need to heal up properly inside.
Well done on your weightloss so far!

Hi Andy, well done with your weightloss so far. I would have to agree w/FGS about rushing the food stages. It may 'feel' okay but you are taking a risk with your health & your healing. The stages are set in a way so that you can ease into foods without risk to your pouch, the staple line or your internal stitches in your intestines. Please be careful with your tender new tools.

Best of luck & wishing you great sucess with your wls journey!

Nic;)

Hi Andy, I had a bypass on the 6th June. Just like you I felt that I could eat anything, haven't felt sick or anything but I tried eating some fruit, blueberries, without liquidizing just lots of chewing and did suffer the consequences!! I guess they know what they are talking about, I just blend the veg and meat, looks horrible but tastes the same! Bear with it... I do understand, I am going through exactly the same feelings as you. Well done on your weight loss, I have lost 24lb since the start of the liver reduction diet, as someone who thought losing a pound in a week was good, I am amazed, didn't lose an ounce when I was in hospital as I was on a drip and glucose for the diabetes for 5 days! Keep smiling, keep us informed on your progress Pauline

Hi guys, 3 week weigh in and I have lost 35lbs, I am amazed!! Thanks for the advice Pauline, I have slowed down a little and reverted back to yogurts etc. Did have my first half pint of ice cold carling tonight, yum yum, but do feel a little bloated.

Andy.

Hi guys, 3 week weigh in and I have lost 35lbs, I am amazed!! Thanks for the advice Pauline, I have slowed down a little and reverted back to yogurts etc. Did have my first half pint of ice cold carling tonight, yum yum, but do feel a little bloated.

Andy.

Hi Andy
My, what a fantastic start you have had.

I must say, you don't mind pushing the bounderies do you?

Good luck to you.:D

Hi JT, thanks for your congrats but I have to say I am taking it very seriously. I was 25st 6lb when I had my surgery 3 weeks ago, couldnt walk more than a few hundred metres without my back hurting and simple tasks such as doing up my shoes were a chore. 3 weeks on my life has already changed for the better. I have 3 young boys who cannot beleive they have their daddy back and I am so grateful to Mr Ammori and his team for supporting me through this journey. I will not lie I am not hungry but that does not mean I haven't lost the desire for food which is really tough. Anyway things can only get better and am looking forward to meeting a few people at the Support Group on Wednesday (Salford Hospital).

Drinking alcohol 3 weeks post op isn't really advisable Andy. Most surgeons recommend no alcohol for 12 months post op. Empty calories, sugar and gas is not good for the pouch.

Enjoy Wednesday, there are some lovely people from here that go to the Salford support group.

Weekly update: Weighed in yesterday and lost another 7lbs thats 42lbs in four weeks. I feel like a new person already!!

well done andy keep it up

Could really kill a ice cold pint of Carling!! I should take up knitting to keep me occupied then again may be not!!! Andy.

Well done Andy on your fab loss:DI've been playing scrabble on facebook, to stop me from cheating on this pre op diet:D:D
I can't knit!!lol;)

Week 6 weigh in and I have now lost 53lbs which is obviously great. Had a long weekend in Majorca and still lost 5lbs this week. I have to say it was really tough and I actually felt a little depressed at the amount I could drink and eat. When I do manage to eat something I become very tired and lathargic. Surely I can't carry on losing weight at this speed? I have lost all desire for food, when will this desire return? Any advice would be great. Andy.

hi Andy, congrats on your weight loss so far. Im sure the weight loss does slow down. Im not at op stage yet so dont take my word for it
Keep up the good work. your obviously doing something right and I bet its more fun playing with your kids now :D

Week 6 weigh in and I have now lost 53lbs which is obviously great. Had a long weekend in Majorca and still lost 5lbs this week. I have to say it was really tough and I actually felt a little depressed at the amount I could drink and eat. When I do manage to eat something I become very tired and lathargic. Surely I can't carry on losing weight at this speed? I have lost all desire for food, when will this desire return? Any advice would be great. Andy.

Hi Andy, great loss so far, good for you! Your loss per week will slow down, it may suddenly drop or slowly taper off but it will eventually slow. As for wanting to eat, you will regain your hunger eventually, it is different for everyone when they get it back so don't worry.

Sorry to hear that you are feeling down about your ability to eat and drink, unfortunately you did chose an option that is going to permanently limit the amount of food & drink you can have so you will have to make peace with that. That said, you eventually will be able to eat and drink more than you do now because you are still early days now and may still have swelling inside. As you get closer to a year out like me, you can manage slightly bigger portions. When you are closer to two years out your portions will again be slightly bigger making you feel a bit more 'normal', just remember that the goal is to get slim and stay slim and for that your portions should stay small forever.

Nic;)

Back