• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused!!

Feeling really down today, worrying about things that are years off and things that I really shouldn't be worrying about. It is amazing how much time I must have spent eating and drinking previously and how much of a distraction that must have been! Anyone got any "pick me up" tips?
andy I always paint my nails and put a face pack on, and have a hot bath:)suppose you can do the last one;):D

I just love Candie's comments above. Can't really imagine you painting your nails! I am on the committee at the Salford Forum and had my surgery on Thursday. i can't believe that I have lost a stone already! Can't believe how much you have lost either, will i recognise you at the meeting next week?

Hi guys, thought I would post an update. Just hit 8 weeks post op and I have lost a staggering 63lbs, which I am amazed at!! I only have the same to lose to get to target!!

I have to say it has not been easy mentally!! Not eating and drinking much (compared to what I used to eat) certainly gives you time to think. I have found myself worrying about stuff that is years off and that I cannot influence!! Starting to pick up though and had a great chilli (homemade) tonight and off to Portugal for 2 weeks on Saturday!!

When does the weight loss start to slow? I am averaging 7lbs a week, I don't want to disappear!!

Love as always, Andy.

About another month Andy and it will slow down some, then another gentle slow down after 6 months. Most people stop losing more than 2-3lbs a week by 8-9 months (that is where I am) and it will taper off and stop somewhere between 10 months to a 18 months. Have a great trip!

I just love Candie's comments above. Can't really imagine you painting your nails! I am on the committee at the Salford Forum and had my surgery on Thursday. i can't believe that I have lost a stone already! Can't believe how much you have lost either, will i recognise you at the meeting next week?
You never know hun;):D

Hiya Andy - Sally here. Thought Id pop in and say hello! x

Hi guys, just got back from 2 weeks in Portugal and I am really pleased I put on 2lbs!! I know that sounds a bit ridiculous but I was worried a little that I was losing weight to quickly so I am pleased! 10 week weigh in and I have now lost 72lbs (5st & 2lbs). I feel amazing and am feeling very positive as I am eating and drinking a little more and felt normal on hols. The most exiting thing was I didn't need a seat belt extension on the plane (I have lost 9 inches from my waist as well)!!

Everyone who hasn't seen me for a few weeks are now making really great comments which obviously really gives you a boost, so glad I did it now!

Still struggling with red meat and white bread but there you go, not much of a sacifice in the scale of things!!

Hope you are all well and good luck to everyone who is just about tto start the journey and if I can be of any help just send me a message. I can promise you I will tell you how it is (or was for me), warts and all!!!

Andy. Xxx

Hi Andy, happy to hear you had a nice holiday. I am however concerned by your post. I hope you don't take offence but why in the world would you celebrate a weight gain at 10 weeks post-op? Surely you realize that creating habits that would cause a gain so early post-op is very distructive to your overall success? Maybe I am stepping out of my place to say this but where is you head at that you celebrate eating too much as a post-op achievement? I am just concerned for you that when you are several months down the line and weight loss becomes more of a challenge you will not be able to make the changes needed to make your weight loss permanent. You can re-gain weight after a bypass when you work against the tool like you are right now. Please even if you don't agree with me, consider discussing this with your dietician. Maybe they can help guide you to making the lifestyle changes required to be successful with weight loss surgery.

Nic;)

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your post. I was a happy because I was unsure when the drastic weight loss would stop. The good news is I have had my first post op appointment and discussed the weight gain and they really didn't see it as a problem. They said that I probably gained the weight because before I went away I had 5 days of severe diareoa (sorry about the spelling) when I did not eat anything and obviously I struggled to take on board the fluids. It was touch and go if I was going to go on hols. Obviously that week the weight loss was really severe. Whilst on hols I ate very sensibly and had a few glasses of wine but all in moderation but I have to say more than I had since the op and I felt as though I was "normal" in so much I could tolerate most foods types (accept red meat) albiet in very small portions.

This week I have lost the 2lb I put on and another 4lbs so that is now 76lbs in 11 weeks which I am thrilled about.

Please don't think I have "fallen of the wagon". I know that I will never be able to eat and drink like I did (nor do I want to). The relief was that I now know I won't waste away to nothing!!

Thanks for caring Nic and I hope to see you very soon.

Andy. xxx

Hi Andy, I am really glad to hear you are doing well this week. I am also glad that you took my post as I intended it, sometimes it is hard to tell someones intentions when reading and mine was sincere concern. I am really happy for you that your team is pleased with your progress and it is good to know that you have your head in the right place. As I have said before the head stuff is the most important element of making wls successful.

Your weightloss so far is amazing and I can see that you have yourself sorted so you will be to your goal in no time. See you soon!

Nic:)

Hi Andy , well done on your success to date.
i agree eating the right foods is essential for energy, muscle tone, and cell renewal. From what i have read the first 6 months are the optimum months and after that many people eat and drink there way back to obesity.
I have done it several times, maintaining for me is the goal more than weight loss...... So looking forward to the op for the band so i can get busy living and reaching my full potential.
Going to the Salford Lowry Meeting to meet some of the successful posters on here .
Have a great week end Mia

Hi Mia,

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately I can't make Wednesday as I have another public meeting I am chairing and can't change. Hope you enjoy the meeting and hope to meet you soon.

Andy xxx

Hi guys, weekly weigh in and I have lost another 4lbs taking the total weight loss in 12 weeks to 80lbs, it is truly amazing and life changing.

Andy. xxx

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Weighed in yesterday and I have lost another 5lbs taking my total lost to 87lbs.

Had my bloods done a couple of weeks ago and have just received a call from Hope saying that I need a transfusion because my iron levels are low. Slightly concerned as I only had the op 14 weeks ago and was told a annual injection for iron would be required. I asked them about that and said I thought it would be a year before I needed "topping" up, not 14 weeks and that it would be by injection!

Has anybody had this done? I am told it takes around 6 hours?

Bye for now, Andy. xxx

Hi everyone, really sorry I missed last weeks Salford support group, I will make every effort to get to the next meeting.

I had my iron infusion nearly 2 weeks ago now but I have to say it hasn't made much difference, I could sleep for england.

Weigh in today, lost another 4lbs taking the total loss to 102lbs (7st 2lbs) in 19 weeks. I am s so pleased but I seem to have lost an desire for food over the past week or so? Any advice would be appreciated.

Andy. XXX

Back