• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fed up - have put weight on.

Neeta

Hiya, well this morning I got weighed and had put on - only a little bit, but it is on and I can't understand it. I am still not quite two weeks out from my surgery. :cry:

Please can anyone help or advise me. :confused:

I am drinking plenty of water and having some protein in milk shakes once a day with my soups etc. Hoping to move on to the next stage of the eating plan this weekend with some soft scrambled eggs or poached egg. Hoping someone can help.

Thanks. XX :(

Didnt want to read and run- sorry to hear this Hun. I hope someone can help xx

Sorry Neeta, can't help but in all honesty there seems to be no rhyme nor reason sometimes. Could be fluid retention, could be as normal fluctuation. What is for sure though is that the weight will come off over the next few weeks , so worry not :eek:)

hi neeta,
i had my op 2 days after you and i have to say, ive stepped on the scales this morning and only lost a pound. but it doesnt bother me as, i am still recovering and i know visually i have loss some of the weight.
please do'nt beat yourself up about it. it's early days and it will happen. x

Thanks you guys, much appreciated. I know I have lost weight as I sorted out my wardrobes the other day and got rid of loads of stuff that was too big already, but to put on a pound in one day :confused:

I can't even tell if it is the time of the month as I don't really have them due to having a coil fitted, but I know that it will come off, just didn't think that I would put any on with the amount that I am eating. :( xx

Thanks you guys, much appreciated. I know I have lost weight as I sorted out my wardrobes the other day and got rid of loads of stuff that was too big already, but to put on a pound in one day :confused:

I can't even tell if it is the time of the month as I don't really have them due to having a coil fitted, but I know that it will come off, just didn't think that I would put any on with the amount that I am eating. :( xx

I might be wrong here, Neeta (I often am, lol) but even if you have the coil, you will still ovulate which could account for the blip ... chin up anyway sweetie xx :)

It seems from own experience and other theads a little gain in the first few weeks after surgery is normal.
I promise you will lose in the next few days! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Meeta, try not to be concerned. There are a million and one reasons why the scales could have shown a gain of 1 lb. Your body could be holding more fluid, you could be due a period, you could be constipated or the scales could have been colder/hotter than usual, as I said, a million and one could bes' but one thing you wont be doing is gaining proper weight.
Relax and forget it for now. Weigh yourself in a few days and get ready to be astonished. You will lose so much weight in the next few months the loss in itself will sometimes be frightening.
Try not to worry xx
Lynne x

Hi Neeta, i had my band to bypass revision on the 23 rd September , i had a loss of 6 lb the first week then gained a couple , which finally came off this morning (plus a couple of extra). i do now that i was retaining water and over the past few days i had had to make more trips than normal to the loo, just hold on in there and the scales will move in the right direction. I know how you feel having been there myself a week ago but from all tzhe threqds i have read it really is quite normal and something we will have to get used to . From what i have read even those who have major stalls lasting 3 weeks and ,ore have still lost in excess of 100 lbs so i still have major hopes and feel confident .

Hiya, I had my bypass 8 days a go. Had a rough time but in the mend. 2 days a go I weighed whilst at hospital and the same scale read that I put on nearly 3 stone since my op last week. I was mortified. I had major water retention in my legs, ankles and feet, which only started making it's way out last night. I started peeing gallons every 20 minutes. The entire night. I didn't brave the scale today but my water retention deffo eased up. My op was a but problematic and my tummy still swollen, so reckon I will wait a good few weeks until I weigh. Totally understand how you feel, but like me, jyst have faith. We did this for a reason which will soon be evident

It happens, water retention! I put on several lbs after surgery, then suddenly began peeing and the lbs fell off. Put the scales away for a bit, I used get on them everyday and it only depressed me. It will happen!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It happens, water retention! I put on several lbs after surgery, then suddenly began peeing and the lbs fell off. Put the scales away for a bit, I used get on them everyday and it only depressed me. It will happen!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks everyone for your help. I think that there is my problem Cicca, I am weighing nearly everyday hoping to see the pounds going fast. Patience is not one of my strong points. Going to try swimming next week as part of my exercise build up. :D

Back