• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not Happy

IRJ

Ime 3 wks post op and am due to start sloppy food today after 3 wks liquids but i weighed my self today and have only lost 3 lbs this week compared to 15lbs pre op diet 18lbs first week and 10 lbs last week now i know weight fluctuates and you lose inches etc but even so ime still very disappointed.

Weight loss slows down in the first few weeks then speeds up again - listen look at it this way - 3lbs gone for ever. People seem to average a stone a month at the beginning, sometimes more - dont panic, just keep doing what you are doing and it will come sliding off. Make sure your fluid intake is as it should be

You have lost massive amounts already, you can't lose 10lbs every week as that would be very rough on your body. I never lost 10lbs a week except on my pre-op, after that it was 3-5lbs a week for the first month and then 2-4 a week up to my 6-7 month mark after that it was 1-2lbs a week. As you can see I have lost over 100% of my excess weight and all that happened before I had reached a year, slow and steady does win the race I promise. Try not to put so much pressure on yourself. This is not a diet, it is your new life, don't measure the success of your new life in pounds, measure it in quality of improvement as you go along.

Nic;)

Last edited:
i agree with whats been said already just wanted to say and dont worry as long as the weight keeps coming off, then your doing a great job:)

Sharon

I'm not too bothered about the weight los. As long as I'm not hungry then every pound is good news. Before the operation if I wasn't hungry then that meant I was putting weight on.

very good point Gillabean lol!

Hi there,

I really wish people would stop beating themselves up over this.

We were made to feel so bad some of us before the ops, about our weight, guilt played such a big part in our lives.

You have had the op, you have had fantastic weightloss so far in 3 weeks, and you will succeed.

STOP looking for the negatives, life is good now and only good exciting things can happen as the weight drops off.

Hiya

I think I would look at it as a total loss. You've lost over 3 stone in a very very short time. Your body won't be able to loose the high amounts every week even though 3lbs is really good for a week I bet next week it will be a little more but again I would look at the full amount you have lost because that is amazing in such a short time.

Good Luck with the pureed stage.

Hi IRJ,

You have done brilliant with your losses.

I wish I have done half as well as you. I think most will agree that with weight loss week to week you never know what is round the corner.Some weeks it will be higher and some it will be lower.

Pinkyxx

Ime 3 wks post op and am due to start sloppy food today after 3 wks liquids but i weighed my self today and have only lost 3 lbs this week compared to 15lbs pre op diet 18lbs first week and 10 lbs last week now i know weight fluctuates and you lose inches etc but even so ime still very disappointed.

what food did you have to eat for your pre op diet ? i have been told that the liqid diet is for 2 weeks and all you can have is 3 pints of milk and any amount of no added sugar juice, if this is right then how on earth did you stick to it . i tried it for one day to see if i can do it and i felt terriable i had a headache and felt tired and sick, im really worried im going to fail even before i have an op date

Dont let it get you down mate! Next week will probably produce a good loss! Keep up the high amount of fluids and stay positive!

Hi IRJ, as others have said try not to worry about it! When I was 3 weks post op I had a stall that lasted 10days, during which time my weight went up 1.5lbs!!! :eek: Work that one out! The following week the gained weight disappeared taking a further 5lbs with it. So don't worry!

Cuppa xx

You have done so well and it is another 3lbs off forever x

Back