• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not posted for a while - Update

Bellydancer57

Hi guys. Not posted for a while as having a nightmare time at the mo.
Mum started her chemotherapy & then had a heart attack. Still in hospital but stable. I went to see my surgeon & he wants to do an endoscope on me as I can't eat hardly anything & he wants to see if anything is wrong. Urrrrgh!
I am never hungry & can't eat much food at all. I vomit meals up frequently despite chewing & small volume. I have been supplementing my protein with protein shakes & protein shots. Weight loss has completely stopped. So yeah guess something is wrong.
On top of all this I have my first cold & cough in over 3 years.:cry:
Feeling pretty miserable to say the least but lovely to see all the positive threads from everyone's journeys so far. Well done everyone!:553:

Sounds like you having a really tough time of it Hun. Go easy on yourself. I hope you get some answers soon and get things sorted. "hugs" x

Thanks ladies. Yes let's hope things get sorted. Feeling very run down although my blood tests are fine. Keeping up with my vitamins etc.
Strangely I am cooking my heart out for my brother & sisters families to help out with hospital visiting etc. low cal brownie muffins yesterday, vegetable curry done in slow cooker overnight, chicken soup & bolegnese sauce on stove as we speak. Funny I just can't eat any of it! But all will be consumed with gusto by family. Just had a nice cafe latte! Have a good day.

So sorry to hear you are having such a rough time, Bellydancer, especially with your Mum.

Hope your bariatric team can help fix your problems -- sickness and not being able to eat anything.

Oh Hume so sorry about your mum. Know how you feel went through it with my mum. I do hope all gets better with you both. I feel for you. Keep us posted Wishing you both back to good health soon take it easy. X

I am so sorry to hear that you're having such a difficult time, not only in terms of your eating, but going through what you are with your Mum :( I do hope that things start improving for you on all things. Sending hugs and thoughts your way! x

Oh BD, what a terrible time you've been having. So sorry about your Mum, I hope she makes a quick recovery. Fingers crossed your team finds out what is going on asap, seems you've been struggling long enough. Lots of love xx

Oh Bellydancer!! You really are going through the mill at the moment, with your mum and your own eating problems. Hopefully an endoscopy will shed some light on what is causing the problem.. Let's hope they can get you in quickly for that.. xx

Hi Belly dancer i truly hope your Mum inproves xx good luck with the endoscopy and i hope they find out what the problem is xx sorry about the cold and cough i'm suffering the same at the moment sure i never had one for years when i was fat :)

Thx everyone for your kind thoughts & best wishes. Mum is stable. I'm trying to shake off the cold but feeling human now. Managing a little food but keeping up my liquids.

Sorry to hear your having a rough time, hope things get better soon for you x

OHH BD hugs and sending healing angels for you and your mum. Really hope both are sorted out really soon xxx

can't eat much food at all. I vomit meals up frequently despite chewing & small volume. I have been supplementing my protein with protein shakes & protein shots. Weight loss has completely stopped. So yeah guess something is wrong.

When you find out the answer to your problems I will be very interested as I am having similar (but different) problems .... I am never sick / never vomit ..... but I am now dumping almost EVERYTHING i consume (and when I say dumping I mean it is exiting very rapidly in the bathroom).

Despite this, and despite the fact that it feels like nothing is being digested, my weight has been stalling for weeks and weeks and weeks ...... getting very annoying now.

The list of foods that causes me to dump is growing and growing. In particular all of these things cause me to dump:

-- any yogurt
-- any milkshake or protein shake -- absolutely ANY brand
-- Slim Fast ....... when I wanted to start cutting / counting calories again my first thought was to try 2 x Slim Fast and 1 x meal a day ..... but dumped every single time I have attempted to re-introduce Slim Fast ...... so that is no longer possible
-- almost ANY fruit
-- Lemsip with sugar ..} have had flu recently
-- cough sweets .......}
-- two Digestive biscuits
-- almost anything
-- runny soft cheese (sometimes) like Philadelphia

The only things that DON'T cause me to dump are 100 grams of lean Chicken -- but I cannot eat 3 x meals of 100 grams of chicken a day.

It is becoming a complete pain in the arse and very life limiting (my only solution is to take a large supply of baby wipes and air freshner / nice scent with me everywhere -- this is not quite a solution to NOT dumping -- but the emergency after solution) ........ I cannot alter my life so much that I eliminate ALL these foods entirely (and then find anyway that yet ANOTHER food now causes me to dump).

I had not mentioned this anywhere else and was not about to start a thread of my own about my sleeve problems ..... but actually I am having major problems with my sleeve ..... tried emailing my bariatric team -- NO RESPONSE.

Next appointment with them is December ..... I can (just about) wait until then but would be interested to hear of any enlightenment that relates to your problems, Bellydancer, in case there is any possible connection.

Thanks.

Sharonimo said:
When you find out the answer to your problems I will be very interested as I am having similar (but different) problems .... I am never sick / never vomit ..... but I am now dumping almost EVERYTHING i consume (and when I say dumping I mean it is exiting very rapidly in the bathroom).

Despite this, and despite the fact that it feels like nothing is being digested, my weight has been stalling for weeks and weeks and weeks ...... getting very annoying now.

The list of foods that causes me to dump is growing and growing. In particular all of these things cause me to dump:

-- any yogurt
-- any milkshake or protein shake -- absolutely ANY brand
-- Slim Fast ....... when I wanted to start cutting / counting calories again my first thought was to try 2 x Slim Fast and 1 x meal a day ..... but dumped every single time I have attempted to re-introduce Slim Fast ...... so that is no longer possible
-- almost ANY fruit
-- Lemsip with sugar ..} have had flu recently
-- cough sweets .......}
-- two Digestive biscuits
-- almost anything
-- runny soft cheese (sometimes) like Philadelphia

The only things that DON'T cause me to dump are 100 grams of lean Chicken -- but I cannot eat 3 x meals of 100 grams of chicken a day.

It is becoming a complete pain in the arse and very life limiting (my only solution is to take a large supply of baby wipes and air freshner / nice scent with me everywhere -- this is not quite a solution to NOT dumping -- but the emergency after solution) ........ I cannot alter my life so much that I eliminate ALL these foods entirely (and then find anyway that yet ANOTHER food now causes me to dump).

I had not mentioned this anywhere else and was not about to start a thread of my own about my sleeve problems ..... but actually I am having major problems with my sleeve ..... tried emailing my bariatric team -- NO RESPONSE.

Next appointment with them is December ..... I can (just about) wait until then but would be interested to hear of any enlightenment that relates to your problems, Bellydancer, in case there is any possible connection.

Thanks.

That's not good hun and you
Shouldn't have to wait untill December keep trying them phone, email, call in do what you have to to get things right xx

Sharon, that sounds awful, you just need to be persistent xxx

Bd, hope you situation improves soon too. Big hug :grouphugg:

As I said via email, I hope you get through to your provider soon. It doesn't sound right to me. Maybe you have a bug? Get well soon x

It doesn't sound right to me. Maybe you have a bug? Get well soon x

I was going to hold off mentioning it until fully recovered from flu, but looking at the overall picture my dumping experiences have been getting worse and worse since I first had the sleeve.

Altho I emailed my bariatric team on Friday 5 October, I have not chased (yet) ..... part of me is reluctant to chase because I do not really want another endoscopy -- I absolutely hate them ..... but I know that the Whittington will see that as the first port of call to finding out what is (if anything) wrong.

Which is why I am interested to know the results of Bellydancer's endoscopy first ...... it just struck me on re-reading BD's post that her constant vomiting could be similar to my constant dumping the other end (my body refuses to vomit under almost any circumstances -- really long history of why, won't go into).

Back