• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nothing Confirmed..

I've not had my operation even confirmed by the MD team who make the final decision yet, but yesterday I got a introduction to Bypass Surgery booklet by my doctor and today I got a letter for an ECHO exam too...

Was this normal for everyone else? Or do you think a decision has already been made and I will find out when I next go in? I have a weigh in scheduled for the 11th... Few questions I hope people can answer..

1) Is the ECHO awkward? I'm quite a big man and will feel so ashamed to be topless in front of medics... I might request I wear a vest.

2) How long was it for people to have the op done from the moment they offered it? Like what is the waiting time?

3) Does anyone have any realistic blogs or vlogs throughout their experience?

4) FINAL ONE haha... What were peoples biggest weights and what are you now (and how long did it take)

Thanks guys... Nervous excited and anxious. It all seems to be falling into place but scared I may jinx it... Eeek!

I've not had my operation even confirmed by the MD team who make the final decision yet, but yesterday I got a introduction to Bypass Surgery booklet by my doctor and today I got a letter for an ECHO exam too...

Was this normal for everyone else? Or do you think a decision has already been made and I will find out when I next go in? I have a weigh in scheduled for the 11th... Few questions I hope people can answer..

1) Is the ECHO awkward? I'm quite a big man and will feel so ashamed to be topless in front of medics... I might request I wear a vest.

2) How long was it for people to have the op done from the moment they offered it? Like what is the waiting time?

3) Does anyone have any realistic blogs or vlogs throughout their experience?

4) FINAL ONE haha... What were peoples biggest weights and what are you now (and how long did it take)

Thanks guys... Nervous excited and anxious. It all seems to be falling into place but scared I may jinx it... Eeek!

How was the appointment today ??

How was the appointment today ??

Explained in another post here???
!!!! The MDT meet tomorrow to decide fate and it looks REALLY promising... Eek! I have my ECO and ultrasound next week though, so getting a date for op will be delayed but my doctor today said all in all, we're looking at a timeline of THREE MONTHS!!!! Only negative is that because i'm so large, I may need a balloon placed to aid some of the initial weight loss which will be scary, and a longer process but this isnt definite and well, whatever needs to be done to change my life! Anyone else in similar situation?

I've never had an echo so can't help, but wanted to wish you luck and say really don't worry about being topless for the doctors. The reason you're having the echo is because you're a candidate for WLS, they'll have seen it all before and won't bat an eyelid - honestly. If you're uncomfortable, just try to make light of the situation, a bit of humour can help settle things down for you!

Hi there! I haven't had an echo either but wanted to wish you luck and also second what bear said. It is very embarrassing and I remember feeling the same but they have seen it all and a million times worse before and they should be very non judgemental so try not to be too worried about it. They are there to help! I got my band nearly three years ago and have lost 8 stone, most of which was in the first year. The more you lose the harder it gets to come off! At my heaviest I was 24 stone. I am back on my diet this week.. I really want to get another 2 or three stone off so I can say I have hit my target. Good luck and let us know how you get on

Lu X

Thanks guys - my docs appt the other day went well and the MDT team met today so hopefully should hear some news soon! Eek!

My tests are next week - really eager to just get them out the way. Doc said yesterday if tests come out all good, Im lookin at around a 3month timeline of everything.

EXCITING TIMES

I'm on the other side of the world and had my surgery done through my private medical insurance, so can't offer any answers on timeframes, but as for the echo, it's not too bad. I had my first one a year or so before the surgery, when I developed heart failure. They don't tend to want you to wear anything on top but don't feel too self-conscious about it ... they've seen it all before! I've never been comfortable flashing my bits at the world, but you gotta do what you gotta do! Good luck with your tests next week. :)

I'm on the other side of the world and had my surgery done through my private medical insurance, so can't offer any answers on timeframes, but as for the echo, it's not too bad. I had my first one a year or so before the surgery, when I developed heart failure. They don't tend to want you to wear anything on top but don't feel too self-conscious about it ... they've seen it all before! I've never been comfortable flashing my bits at the world, but you gotta do what you gotta do! Good luck with your tests next week. :)

Cheers Dilligaf, and others above!

Have my Ultrasound tomorrow, and my ECHO on Thursday...as well as a job interview the week before my final weigh in before referral... Quite literally TWO WEEKS TO CHANGE MY LIFE!! So nervous, anxious and excited. Keep thinking how different and brilliant my life could be next year compared to the last 3, pretty awful ones. Really hope and pray this all works out for me x

Good luck fitbefore30 for today :)
I didn't have an echo but had an ecg. Imagine being sat there in a bra in front of a male nurse doing the test. Was so embarrised as I was over 27stone then. I had my operation 3rd of December last year and am down to 17stone 4lbs (as of today - yay!!). You can do it hun... just think positive, stick to the rules and you'll see the weight melt off. :) Good luck x

Ultrasound was SO quick!! Was also in a dimmed room, so wasn't too bad! Got my ECHO tomorrow and hopefully that will be all my tests done!

Echo done! ECG done!!

Appointment on the 1st December where they want me to lose some weight (any amount) and then all being well.... REFERRAL!

Looks like I will be having a balloon for six months though, which I've got my head round now. At first I was a little nervous and anxious at the thought of it but after research and this lovely forum, I am so ready!!!

Also have a job interview next week, so give me all the lucks guys!! Its needed!!!

Back