• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

nothing from Srh and im ment to start my pre- op diet on friday

alison1979

Hi all i am sick as i am having operation on 6th december, and thursday last week i rang the hospital to see when my pre assesment would be as i had not heard nothing since the phone call to tell me my op date, they said" thert had not done that list yet" even tho pre op had no info on me even having my op on the 6th, the last stuff they had was from my endoscopy the 2nd september:mad::eek:
So they said it would be done that next day and get a date in the post which i have not got yet and i am ment to be starting my pre op which i have not got neither on friday coming(25th). really dont wanna ring them again, but i really think they had forgot about letting pre-op know and so thats why there was no info of me havin op on the 6th, should i ring again or just wait, dont wanna seam pushy but dont know what to do its getting to close for comforth for me and i have 3 young kids to get minded whilst i go and the more notice i get the better chance i have of getting someone:(

Ring and ring and ring lol just ring them say your very concerned and you need a date over the telephone as you have family commitments.

I have my op after you as you know lol I keep banging on about but I've now had everything through post. Got diet booklet the pre op appointment then confirmation of op date. You seriously need to ring and be pushy x

Ring and ring and ring lol just ring them say your very concerned and you need a date over the telephone as you have family commitments.

I have my op after you as you know lol I keep banging on about but I've now had everything through post. Got diet booklet the pre op appointment then confirmation of op date. You seriously need to ring and be pushy x

I know amy just dont like to be but i really have had nothing!! and its getting me down now coz i am worried they are going to cancel me as not going to get anything done in time

I know it's difficult and it makes you think if your even getting the surgery, but don't give up you will have our surgery before me. Promise u'll ring first thing in the morning x

Yeah i will ring not sure tho if i should wait till post has been make sure its not been sent over the weekend?

You could ring in the morning and see what they say x

Hi Ali
I had my endoscomy august then heard nothing till they phoned me with op date and then pre op was 3 days before op. Don't worry Hun they don't rush themselves with anything.

Hi Ali,
i'm with Amy you must ring them tomorrow, i had my endoscopy on the 2nd Septemeber too at SRH? i got a call on 11.11.11 giving me a date for 2nd Decemeber, i recieved three letters last week one on weds, thurs and fri. One was confirmation of my date for surgery, one was a pre op appointment for 24th and one was details of pre op diet. so in theory you are 4 days behind me which means letters should be landing on your mat from tomorro but if you dont get anything in tomorrows post i would definatly ring them. i found the surgeons secretery's to be very helpful. Mr Shroeders secretery is called Val and her number is 0191 5699887.
let us know how you get on hun.
x

Hi Ali,
i'm with Amy you must ring them tomorrow, i had my endoscopy on the 2nd Septemeber too at SRH? i got a call on 11.11.11 giving me a date for 2nd Decemeber, i recieved three letters last week one on weds, thurs and fri. One was confirmation of my date for surgery, one was a pre op appointment for 24th and one was details of pre op diet. so in theory you are 4 days behind me which means letters should be landing on your mat from tomorro but if you dont get anything in tomorrows post i would definatly ring them. i found the surgeons secretery's to be very helpful. Mr Shroeders secretery is called Val and her number is 0191 5699887.
let us know how you get on hun.
x

hi hun i have just done a quote on another tread asking what you have just put to me lol, i will ring them tomorrow if i dont get no post might have pre-op the same day as you, thanks for message hun x

Hi all i am sick as i am having operation on 6th december, and thursday last week i rang the hospital to see when my pre assesment would be as i had not heard nothing since the phone call to tell me my op date, they said" thert had not done that list yet" even tho pre op had no info on me even having my op on the 6th, the last stuff they had was from my endoscopy the 2nd september:mad::eek:
So they said it would be done that next day and get a date in the post which i have not got yet and i am ment to be starting my pre op which i have not got neither on friday coming(25th). really dont wanna ring them again, but i really think they had forgot about letting pre-op know and so thats why there was no info of me havin op on the 6th, should i ring again or just wait, dont wanna seam pushy but dont know what to do its getting to close for comforth for me and i have 3 young kids to get minded whilst i go and the more notice i get the better chance i have of getting someone:(
Hi Alison
I work in pre op at Sunderland, you should get appt by midweek if not ring sec to check that your details have been sent to pre op. I have the diet info so if you don't receive that message me and I will send it to you, are you diabetic on treatment? Also if on any herbal supplements let me know as some have to be stopped.

Hi Alison
I work in pre op at Sunderland, you should get appt by midweek if not ring sec to check that your details have been sent to pre op. I have the diet info so if you don't receive that message me and I will send it to you, are you diabetic on treatment? Also if on any herbal supplements let me know as some have to be stopped.

Hi denise, i should get my pre op to go in mid week do u mean??, thank you so much i have been worried stiff dont like to ring them and bother them but i was worried when the sec in pre op said she had nothing about the operation date, so she had not been sent nothing an felt i had been missed, could my pre op be days before surgery? sorry to ask lets of questions hun and thanks again x

sorry denise i am not diabetic and i am only on bp tables and lanzoprozole x

sorry denise i am not diabetic and i am only on bp tables and lanzoprozole x
Thats okay you would probably be best with milk/yogurt/ fruit version then

LIVER REDUCING DIET

DAILY ALLOWANCE TO BE FOLLOWED FOR 10 DAYS

NON DIABETICS

2-3 PINTS SEMI SKIMMED MILK

2 DIET YOGURTS NATURAL OR FRUIT FLAVOURED

3-4 PORTIONS OF FRUIT
(ALL VARIETIES ALLOWED BUT TRY TO INCLUDE A BANANA, ORANGE OR GRAPES EACH DAY TO MAINTAIN POTASSIUM LEVELS)

SUGAR FREE JELLY (OPTIONAL)

LOW CALORIE VEGETABLE SOUP IN MODERATION (APPROX 8 FL OZ BOWL or SMALL WEIGHTWATCHERS TIN – NO PASTA/RICE IN IT) *

DRINKS

TEA/COFFEE/LOW CALORIES DRINKS/WATER ARE ALLOWED FREELY
1 SMALL GLASS FRUIT JUICE (ORANGE/PINEAPPLE OR TOMATO) 5 FL OZ

NO OTHER FOODS ALLOWED
NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED

*(SOUP SHOULD BE LOW CARBOHYDRATE OT/SHOULD NOT INCLUDE- CREAM, POTATO, PASTA/NOODLES, RICE, CROUTONS OR PULSES

HOMEMADE VERSIONS ARE BEST

CARROT/CORIANDER
SPRING VEGETABLE
ONION
TOMATO/ROAST PEPPER

MY VEGETABLE SOUP (3-4 PORTIONS)

4 MED CARROTS , 2 SMALL ONIONS, 4 TOMATOES (SKINNED/DESEEDED), 2-3 STICKS CELERY, 1 LEEK, CHOPPED CABBAGE, CHICKEN STOCK CUBE, 2 PINTS WATER,
CORIANDER/OREGANO/ BASIL/CUMIN/GINGER ADD TO TASTE

COOK VEGETABLES/STOCK OVERNIGHT IN SLOW COOKER OR SIMMER IN LARGE PAN UNTIL VEGETABLES ARE SOFT ENOUGH TO PIERCE WITH KNIFE.
WHEN COOKED BLEND TO PUREE WITH EITHER HAND/JUG BLENDER, CONTINUE TO SIMMER UNTIL REDUCED AND THICKENED, EXCESS PORTIONS CAN BE STORED IN CONTAINERS AND FROZEN.

Thanks denise should i just start this on my own regardless on the 25th? or wait till told to hun

Denise are you good with needles ........ I have a probia and really don't want to show myself up at pre op, also had ECG at doctors before and they make u take everything off from waist up am so nervous x

Thanks denise should i just start this on my own regardless on the 25th? or wait till told to hun
You can give it a try for a couple of days before as some have problems with milk (a few switch to lactose free milk), if you have problems I have the diabetic version but you have to stick to one or the other you can't alternate.

Denise are you good with needles ........ I have a probia and really don't want to show myself up at pre op, also had ECG at doctors before and they make u take everything off from waist up am so nervous x
Yes quite experienced with needles although we normally have experienced healthcare assistants doing it also, we have a bed in one room for you to lie on if you get whoozy (mention to nurse beforehand). You go along corridor for ECG and they take you into private room and need to be bare above waist and remove tights/socks.

hi hun, i understand u have the needle phobia and i dont know how you feel with that hun as i am ok with them, ut the ECG and taking ya clothes off there have seen this hundreds of times and i know its easy for me to say hun but try not to be nervous too much babe, you will be fine and i have had ECG with my bra on before but the last one i had was without so u understand your concerns.. text me if you need a chat hun xx

I have panic attack and I'm just worried they won't do it. I did mention it to Ali when I went to the surgeon appointment and he said it would be fine. It's just embarrassing that's all I'm 24 and I cry lol x

Back