• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

funding agreed.. now what's ment to happen?

k4rid4

hi, well after my doc re-applying for funding i finally got accepted..
my gp rang the other day, and let me know i had been accepted for funding, tbh she sounded a little clueless about the whole situation. she said a consultant would be in touch in around 3 months. asked me which hospital, i asked her which had the shortest waiting list, she said a secutary would be in touch to give me more info within the week?? is there someone i can call? can i just ring the PCT? il be forever waiting for them to get in touch.. they seem so slow at everything.

Hi once I'd got my funding my PCT forwarded my details to the hospital and within a couple of weeks I had appointment with psychiatrist for 'fit for op' assessment. Then had sleep apnoea test. Then saw consultant and dietician. After those appointments I had my op within ten weeks. The time whizzed by.

Good luck to you xx

like i said in other post I chose bradford hun as i was told 6-9 months and ive jumped through 2 of the 4 (hope its 4) hoops within 8 weeks and ive the 3 rd hoop to jump through in 3 weeks so since picking hospital i got my appoinment through post within 2 weeks to tell me i had an appointment coming up with halstead....once u choose ur hosp it all starts moving forward hun x

Halstead ment to be gud isnt he. I did my research on the surgeonz. Hope I dnt get gokhale or whateva hez calld. I googled him and got loads of things bwt his patients dyin in theatre :-S

Gokhale is good, he did my best mates husband surgeon, halstead is good too, he's my surgeon but i havent met him as yet x

Funding was applied for on 16th october 2012. I had my funding approved on 22nd october 2012 and I have an appointment to see my surgeon on November 1st. I have been told my surgery will be within 2 months

Thats fairly fast! Iv got my apointment on the 7th of november. Most people who have had it done in bradford say it takes a year from referal. Let me know what hapens at the first appointment hun, not sure what to expect

Sent from my sony x10 using WLSurgery

I m having mine done at Heartlands Birmingham. Its been a whirlwind. Only put forward for cosideration for surgery 9th October

Wel ur hospital mustnt have many people that need the surgery, which is a masive bonus for u hun. I thort mine was fast. But I took a while to decide wher I wantd it. Ther was alot of choice for me as therz about 4 or 5 hospitals that do wls here

Sent from my sony x10 using WLSurgery

im in gloucestershire how would i find out how to go about this here? hope everything goes to plan for u guys, must b exciting!! :)

Back