• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2013 Surgeries

Day 4 today. 10 left :) Its going well. Yesterday was hardest because I went to a party and hosted one so loads of goodies every where and I was so hungry! I didnt give in at all. I was tempted to lick a burger though lol I dont own any scales but id like to see if ive lost anything yet??

How are things Flick? Not long now. Hope your feel ok. X

Hey :)
Today is day 8, 6 days left! :D Its right what they say. It does get easier. The first 3 days were hard, by day 5 the real hunger kicked in and I wanted food so bad. But now im just getting on with it. I didnt cook any dinners for the first week but made my boys grub the last couple of days. Ive lost about 6lb so far. I really struggle to lose weight so im really impressed with myself! :) Im hoping by the end of the 2 weeks I would have lost a stone. Got quite a way to go yet though.

My pre-op assessment is this Thursday, im not sure what they do?

How are you getting on? :)

Surprisingly well. I haven't felt hungry at all. However the first day was really nauseated all day and end the day with a migraine despite taking on lots of extra fluid. Today has been much better just a muzzy head. God am I fed up with going to the loo though! Peeing for England. I've been cooking for the kids but husband is sorting himself out as he gets in late. That's been ok, as yet I haven't craved eating its just been not forgetting and eating the chip that falls off the plate. It seems as though its happening to someone else only now and then I have a little panic and get scared and remember its actually me its happening to. Roll on Jan 2014 we'll both be in the swing of it and lighter! Keep up the good work. X

Wow, you are doing well! Its going quite quickly for me, is it for you? Ive not had any headaches or shakes. Im getting full on milk really easily though and yes! I am on the loo constantly too lol
I made soup tonight for the boys and tasted abit :( Its been my one and only slip up and was completely unintentional. I feel really guilty and hope it doesnt effect anything. It's actually made me feel sick with worry because ive stuck to it so religiously!! Gutted :(

One little sip isn't going to have much sugar at all, you'll still be in ketosis. Don't worry. Not that I'd do it again but you know that anyway. I've printed notes and stuck them up in the kitchen. Why do we always have to make ourself feel guilty. Look at what you have achieved. Slap yourself on the wrist, don't do it again and keep looking forward. I'm right behind you! As for is it going quick it depends what I'm doing, I have to keep reminding myself that its me its happening to in two week. Guess we all have the same sort of thoughts. X

It was literally the tip of a teaspoon, just out of habit :( I used to do it to make sure it wasnt too salty/too bland for my son. Swallowed what felt like a golf ball because I knew right after it was a stupid thing to do. Think I will leave the cooking to my husband. Then I wont even chance it! Definitely wont be making that mistake again! Not guna compromise the surgery for the sake of a mouthful of food! Stupid stupid stupid!!!

I dont work at the moment. Full time mum & home maker and there is always something to do in the house lol as well as my son going to pre school 4 out of 5 days during the week. Time flies by! What do you do?

I'm a nurse. I currently work for the ambulance service and have two kids, a daughter 4yrs, a son 11 yrs and a step-daughter 13yr but she doesn't live with us. I know what you mean about enough to do round the house! Hate to think what it will be like when I'm not doing it! My mum is going to help out after surgery as my husband hasn't got any Holiday to take. Jason (husband) will have to pick up the slack at the weekends. Have you got other support besides your husband?

Well my mum and dad both work full time. As does my brother. One sister is a full time mum and carer to my nan. My other sister works part time and suffers with MG. We're all really close but because they have such busy schedules to keep they wont be able to offer me much physical support. They're all fully supportive of my choice to go for surgery although a couple of them, dont think its a good idea and want me to lose weight without.
I dont know what im guna do post op. My husband has a week off work whilst I go into hospital but then the same routine will happen. He'll be back at work and I'll have to walk my son to and from nursery a week after surgery. Duno if its a good idea? I usually drive but wont be able to do that either! :s You'll have to do school runs wont you? Have you booked off much time from work?

I'm lucky as my mum is retired and so will do the school runs for both the kids for the first two weeks. My family are also supportive. They've watched me drop by 6 stone then gain 7/8 time and time again. I'm 43 so have wasted many year being fat and unhappy with myself. They all think its the right thing for me. My step daughter and son are old enough to understand so they are scared but excited too. The rest of the family are worried to but know it has to be done. I'm having it on my dad's birthday, he thinks it'll be a good present me safely back from surgery. My surgeon has deemed the surgery as a medical necessary so I'll be off sick not Ann Leave. I'll aim for 3 weeks off. I'd have loved to do this at your age! X

Hi Kimberly, you should be in 3-5 days depending on your recovery. It's a good idea to have someone for support and odd jobs for a few day but some people go home with none. You start you pre of diet on the 12th don't you. Watch this space as flick has surgery that day and I'm a week later so any tip we can share on here.

No questions are silly. Worrying or not finding out about something is silly! We can all support each other as we are in the same boat. X

Im hoping my husband can get another week off work following my surgery but we got married on the 20th september and had 3 weeks off then. The week commencing 11th he'll be taking as compassionate leave and hes been allocated holiday a week after that. Im hoping he can move it forward. I dont wanna push myself so soon after the op and do damage resulting in me being back in hospital!

That will be the best gift ever for your dad :) And you're lucky that your mum can lend you a hand. My mum, even if she didnt have work, couldnt cope with Kai (my son) she weighs 25+ stone and really struggles! :(

Kimberly, Im having my op done at QA in Portsmouth too :) Started the pre op diet on the 29/10 and my op is on the 12th. I have my pre op assessment tomorrow. Have no idea what they're guna do! Just hope I pass with flying colours and can continue the diet ready for surgery. I agree with audrasharon, 3-5 days in hospital. I can let you know what happens if mine all goes ahead! :)

Flick I have my pre op assessment today at 3pm so I'll let you know what happens later. Think it will be x-ray, bloods, ECG and general observations such as blood pressure, pulse and , blood sugar. My mum is small and on the thinner side. The weight comes from my dads side. His mum was big. He's not though but sticks to a ridged anti hormone cancer diet. He's had cancer 3 times ( lots of bug surgery) and now lives with it but is keeping it at bay with medical treatment and his diet. He is a daily inspiration to me! Hope you have a good day today. Message later. X

Flick I have my pre op assessment today at 3pm so I'll let you know what happens later. Think it will be x-ray, bloods, ECG and general observations such as blood pressure, pulse and , blood sugar. My mum is small and on the thinner side. The weight comes from my dads side. His mum was big. He's not though but sticks to a ridged anti hormone cancer diet. He's had cancer 3 times ( lots of bug surgery) and now lives with it but is keeping it at bay with medical treatment and his diet. He is a daily inspiration to me! Hope you have a good day today. Message later. X

Big surgery. ? Bloody predictive text!

:eek: Good luck!!! I hope everything goes really well for you later. Let me know how much weight you've managed to lose so far too! :D
Oh bloody hell, you're dad's been through alot :( Lets hope seeing his daughter recover will make him stronger.

On a TMI note; I think im just having a period! Lol ive not had once since the beginning of june and before then Oct 2012!!? Its awesome! I am kinda still working which is good. If thats what 6lb weight loss can do then bloody hell :D x

Hi all, I am having my surgery this month too (12th November at St Richards) just wanted to say hi as I've only told my husband and mum so it would be nice to chat to others going through it :0) xx

November date for me too just been phoned 20th is my date :)

Back