• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2013 Surgeries

You have seriously got more chance of being hit by a bus. The statistics of not waking up are negligible ( and those stats include people with multiple medical issue which make surgery much more dangerous) when you get really panicky take 5 mins on your own take some deep breaths and imagine your son and his new sibling laughing together, swimming, riding bikes.... Oh and your doing it with them. Think about your new reality. No one can stop you being scared (no one can stop me being scared) its unknown! Put your trust in the hospital staff follow what they say and YOU WILL BE FINE!! We both have some discomfort/ pain and feeling like **** to come but that will only last a short time. Your not the only one thinking like that but get tough with yourself and be determined to stay in control. We are going to do this and we are going to be fine! Message any time if you need to. What your going through is normal and natural just don't let it take over. X

Hi flick I understand how scared you might be feeling , audrashton so right you be fine , but it will hurt make sure you keep top up with the pain meds . Put on up lifting music and I use head phones seems to help block out negative thoughts . Down load a talking book some times this can distract you . Remember this scary feeling will pass . Honestly I believe every one gets worried before surgery of any kind . I'm also an advance nurse practioner, in child psychiatry , and my daughters an critical care nurse .
They have told me that because of my medical problems I'm spending the first night in intensive care .
She about your age flick can you imagine . I'm worried about showing my bits ( you know boobs ect ) to nurses and doctors who are her friends . Or saying / swearing with the side effects of meds .
Please believe me your me fine , tell me where are you going to buy your clothes from this time next year .

Thank you ladies. My Mum isnt helping in the slightest :( So far we've had a birth and a marriage in the family and she's getting all superstitious saying next is a death before the year is up :( She also said if I can lose 10lb on my own in 10 days, why do I need surgery :( My mum is 25+ stone and has a love affair with food. You think she'd understand and wish me well instead of saying what she has :(

I will be travelling to Glastonbury, from Portsmouth, to buy my clothes! Will also take a well deserved trip to Camden :D There aren't many shops that stock my style down here. For christmas and birthdays over the next 2 years im asking for money. Will also be selling my big clothes as I shrink out of them and any profit I make from my mini business will all go towards a Flick style wardrobe! I cant wait!!! :D
How about you???

Hi everyone Just wanted to say Im having my sleeve done on the 12th at kings.
I have some other complications like sleep apnea and a poor lung function Im totally nervous but going for it

Hi Rupert, welcome! Good luck for the 12th, think how much better you'll be feeling by the time I Go in on the 19th. Hope all goes well for you! X

Thank you ladies. My Mum isnt helping in the slightest :( So far we've had a birth and a marriage in the family and she's getting all superstitious saying next is a death before the year is up :( She also said if I can lose 10lb on my own in 10 days, why do I need surgery :( My mum is 25+ stone and has a love affair with food. You think she'd understand and wish me well instead of saying what she has :(

I will be travelling to Glastonbury, from Portsmouth, to buy my clothes! Will also take a well deserved trip to Camden :D There aren't many shops that stock my style down here. For christmas and birthdays over the next 2 years im asking for money. Will also be selling my big clothes as I shrink out of them and any profit I make from my mini business will all go towards a Flick style wardrobe! I cant wait!!! :D
How about you???

Hi Flick, maybe your mum is a bit jealous that you have the courage to do this, the courage to change. She obviously doesn't want anything to happen to you but perhaps she doesn't want to be left behind either! If you need to justify the comment that easy. There will be a death. The death of the stomach tissue they remove. So that covers that one. You pat yourself on the back for that 10lbs you worked for it. this is not reality. Can you imagine bring on this diet for life! Your on the home stretch now Flick, stay strong. X

Wow love that audrasharron so right about death of stomach removed . I've just started getting negative comment , but as Winston once said lady I might be drunk but in the morning your still be ugly . I might be fat but after WLS your still be a spiteful person . Other people struggle with change , for your mum she might just be a worrier and doesn't realise the effect she having .I'm sure she loves you to bits
I love Camden flick if I was 20 years younger..... Love the shoes we use to see bands their think we saw Al Green .
Well if just had to buy some very big PJ and nighties from Bon Marsh as they are cheep , next year i am going to buy my self a pair of victoria secret pants . Don't care if I have to roll up my tummy.

Rupert how are you doing , I have sleep apnoea and some heart problems so I know I'm spending first night on intensive care . But honesty they won't operate unless your fit for surgery , in may I got as far as seeing the anaesthetist and she turned me down due to my heart valve, and astham and sleep apnoea . I had to go and see a cardiac surgeon in Southampton and a cardiologist before they would review me again . So I know they are careful with us and don't take risk . Well that's what I believe

Wow love that audrasharron so right about death of stomach removed . I've just started getting negative comment , but as Winston once said lady I might be drunk but in the morning your still be ugly . I might be fat but after WLS your still be a spiteful person . Other people struggle with change , for your mum she might just be a worrier and doesn't realise the effect she having .I'm sure she loves you to bits
I love Camden flick if I was 20 years younger..... Love the shoes we use to see bands their think we saw Al Green .
Well if just had to buy some very big PJ and nighties from Bon Marsh as they are cheep , next year i am going to buy my self a pair of victoria secret pants . Don't care if I have to roll up my tummy.

Hi Kimberly, love the Winston quote! Know what you mean about the nightie, buying one, for it only to last a couple of months with a bit of luck. With your medical issues this is completely the right thing for you. Think of how much better many areas of your health will be. You know as I do that the staff in ITU won't give a second thought to anything they have to do to or with you! Remember you'll be the patient so unfortunately the embarrassment is all ours ( as long as your getting the care you need take a deep breath and go with it. It's funny isn't it how we can be so excited one minute and scared stiff the next! I don't worry about death etc (rightly or wrongly) its pain and feeling crap I'm nervous about but then I have had two kids so.......... As for buying clothes I have one pair of jeans etc in every size from a 14-26 from over the years. It'll be a trip to the loft first. :) x

Audrasharon won't it be great getting rid of the big jeans , ahhhh just thought you should keep the biggest , then you can do the photo of standing in one leg in a years time. . And for me honesty if I dont have WLS then i have a very limited future , years of yo yo dieting I believe has really damaged by body . 14 months ago I was working full time and is was like a switch going off my body just started shouting out that it couldn't cope any more .
Enough of that it's the future that's its important ,I want to be around to see grandchildren , to grow old and wrinkly with my husband . To do some voluntary work with orphans in Africa , to bye a beautiful coat , to climb up the stairs without being breathless. And my knees hurting .and to travel ,

Hi Kimberley tomorrow is the day I can honestly say I have mostly been ok up till to day but its really starting to sink in now. I just hope all goes smoothly I can see me really having to switch off just before the they put me under if you know what i mean

Bloody fed up. Picked up a nasty,very sore laryngitis. Can't even speak at the moment. Fingers cross its all gone by next Monday! Should be just making me feel sorry for myself. Anyway to more important matters. Good luck everyone having their surgery tomorrow. I'll be thinking if you and waiting to hear how your getting on! XxX

Hi Flick, maybe your mum is a bit jealous that you have the courage to do this, the courage to change. She obviously doesn't want anything to happen to you but perhaps she doesn't want to be left behind either! If you need to justify the comment that easy. There will be a death. The death of the stomach tissue they remove. So that covers that one. You pat yourself on the back for that 10lbs you worked for it. this is not reality. Can you imagine bring on this diet for life! Your on the home stretch now Flick, stay strong. X

I guess you're right! A lady who I do craft fairs with reassured me yesterday. She has cancer and has already had a mastectomy and corrective surgery and shes soon to have another operation. Shes survived and is fighting! Things could be a hell of a lot worse for me.
My surgeon and the anaesthetist have both said im fit for surgery so im hoping itll be a walk in the park. I know I need to think positive and im putting myself through this at the end of the day!
Im not guna see it as a 'diet' per se, its guna be new way to live. When I think diet, I think about the stuff im not allowed rather than that I am, and then crave it..

I hope you shift the laryngitis sooner rather than later :/ Thats nasty!! Something always comes up to get in our way!!!

Flick gargle with Tcp diluted in warm water it kills the bugs ,
Rupert best of luck , try to keep your self busy watch some funny films to distract your self . Laughter is always the best defence against the fat bully , who making one last attempt not to lose you . Well tell it to go stuff it self your not going to me controlled by it any more .

Sorry it Audrasharon doh ! With the tcp old fashioned but it still works , hope you don't have to work and can rest your voice today xx

Sorry it Audrasharon doh ! With the tcp old fashioned but it still works , hope you don't have to work and can rest your voice today xx

Thanks Kimberly don't think the twilight shift last night help! Don't work again till Friday. I'll try the TCP. X

I guess you're right! A lady who I do craft fairs with reassured me yesterday. She has cancer and has already had a mastectomy and corrective surgery and shes soon to have another operation. Shes survived and is fighting! Things could be a hell of a lot worse for me.
My surgeon and the anaesthetist have both said im fit for surgery so im hoping itll be a walk in the park. I know I need to think positive and im putting myself through this at the end of the day!
Im not guna see it as a 'diet' per se, its guna be new way to live. When I think diet, I think about the stuff im not allowed rather than that I am, and then crave it..

I hope you shift the laryngitis sooner rather than later :/ Thats nasty!! Something always comes up to get in our way!!!

Your surgeon and anaesthetist know what they are talking about! Keep positive and enjoy making your sons bear with him today! X

Same date as me :) Are you on the milk diet? Ive told a few friends - those who see me daily, all my family and obviously my husband :p its a positive change and they all know how unhappy I am with my weight. No one has said anything negative to me so far, lots of support. Do you think you'd tell more people in the future?

Hi, sorry for late reply, yes I was on the milk diet (I really struggled with it!!) but just water today. The way I feel at the moment I don't think I will tell anyone else but who knows! Having a very emotional day today and all I want to do is stuff my face but obviously can't, how are you feeling excited or nervous? xx

Hi everyone Just wanted to say Im having my sleeve done on the 12th at kings.
I have some other complications like sleep apnea and a poor lung function Im totally nervous but going for it

Hi Rupert, I am having my op tomorrow too, I am nervous as anything but just keep thinking about this time next year! xx

Bloody fed up. Picked up a nasty,very sore laryngitis. Can't even speak at the moment. Fingers cross its all gone by next Monday! Should be just making me feel sorry for myself. Anyway to more important matters. Good luck everyone having their surgery tomorrow. I'll be thinking if you and waiting to hear how your getting on! XxX

Hope you get well soon xx

Back