• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Now I am post op

H12

Had my bypass late yesterday afternoon, all went smoothly.
Just have a sore tummy and some wind, but not as bad as l thought but still
early days. Having my drain out this afternoon and home tomorrow
thanks for all the support pre op.
Helenx

Great to hear from you Helen - I've been eagerly waiting for your update. Fantastic, you are now on the losers bench and I'll be joining you tomorrow (fingers crossed). What a relief that you are feeling ok. I am trying not to think about the pain post op but from everything I have read on here it sounds like it's manageable.

Well done you xx

Glad all done and dusted and all seems ok xx

Yes, the pain is manageable and a lot better now they have taken the drain out!

Glad to hear you're well. The drain is weird isn't it!

Welcome to the losers bench.

Best advice I can give now is walk as much as you can and sip, sip, sip. Water is vital in the early stages to prevent dehydration.
I look to watching your successful progress:)

Congrats!

Congrats Helen :) fingers crossed that all is okay for home time tomorrow and I wish you a most speedy recovery. Xx

Well, l have been home 24 hrs, still have a little pain but not all the time and have had a very good nights sleep.soluble paracetamol seem to do the trick.Am struggling to get enough liquids in, but just keep sip sip. Today l am keeping a note of when l take my tablets and eat and drink, so l can try and work out some sort of pattern.
Helenx

Back