• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NSV work

shelleymarie

I have a happy story :) I had my first day back at work on Friday 8 weeks post op. I was meant go back after 6 weeks but I've had a lot of sickness and things that have meant I've not felt good but finally felt up to it. I'm not employed, I'm actually a volunteer - I went back to college for two years to study animal management a few years ago after some time off work due to depression. This was fantastic and I got a work experience job at a vets and decided I wanted to be a vet nurse but during my time at college I put on so much weight my back literally couldn't take it any more and I became disabled, obviously the vet practice is not going to take on training a nurse that can't physically do the job, this positions are like gold dust and they only go to the best. I was very lucky that they let me still come in one day a week when I college finished to do the best I could.

Anyway so first day back and after 10 mins of people saying how good I looked and how they could see such a difference (wow that is a good feeling isn't it?:D) they deputy head nurse said she couldn't believe I hadn't sat down yet! and I realised I hadn't either and that was amazing. Normally I would come in and sit straight down and not be able to say anything because I was out of breath from walking from the car. I then went on to do jobs I hadn't done since I first started there. Even walking up and down the stairs with ease. After lunch the head nurse rang and asked to talk to me - she was so excited for me and said she heard I was raring to go. She said they were looking for a cover person, someone who does shifts at late notice to cover when people are off, did I want to do it and she gave me some shifts there and then. Of course I said yes please. After the call the deputy head nurse said that if this goes well there is talk of me covering the receptionists maternity leave later in the year and possibly of even getting a full time nursing position if one comes available :party0011: I'm over the moon that my commitment even when I too big to walk has shown and even more pleased that only 8 weeks post op my bypass has already done so much for me! It's my dream to work with animals and the surgery is helping fulfil my dreams! WLS FTW :D

That's fantastic , its these things that male everything we go through worthwhile d

oh thats fantastic!! well done :) xxx

Wow... Well done to you for getting to live your dream, and well done to your practice for believing in you.

What a wonderful post!! So happy that your life is changing so dramatically!! xxxx

How simply wonderful. Really lovely to hear such good news & how inspiring.

That is fantastic :) I understand how difficult it is when you struggle to cope with work- I was very lucky that I could still work at my heaviest. But had the same reaction when I went back - that I was much more capable.

Thanks so much everyone. I'm feeling so good. Really good to know I've got a real job again after so long without one. It's amazing how much it effects your self esteem being unemployed. I can't wait to see my surgeon again and tell him how much he has done for me already. I'm off to swimming for the first time tonight as well. It's all so exciting :D thanks again for your kind words. I hope what is happening for me gives hope to those who haven't had their ops yet. It's worth the wait :) x

Oh wow shelleymarie what a fantastic post. Your shear determination has paid off, well done Hun, you should be so proud of yourself! Xxx

Thank you dimond, I'm feeling pretty good I have to admit. I've just been swimming for the first time. Did half an hour non stop, I was surprised how much I could do, it's been years since I went swimming so loved it. Definitely no stopping me now :D x

Shelley Marie, Your story has made me cry. how absolutely fantastic. You deserve such as reward after all your commitment. It's amazing how quickly the noticeable changes to our shape, health and fitness come about after surgery. Very well done indeed. I'm delighted for you
xx

That's fantastic news go you x x :)

That's amazing, so lovely to hear...well done xx

Back