• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Number twos............

After a bypass, do you poo less? Bit crude, but just wondered.

I kinda wondered the same. :confused:

I ahd my op on Wednesday and haven't "been" yet :(

xxx

i had my band on weds and had a few nuggets yesterday, i wanna go but hurts my tummy to push lol

I wouldnt imagine that it would make MAJOR difference, although im not sure. The "normal" times to go is anything from 3 times a day to 3 times a week, but will have just had a major opperation and it will take a while for your body to get back into...rythm ;)

It did make a difference to the number I crack out.

I used to do at least two plurps a day but now I'm down to one most days and not at all on others.

Not surprising really as I used to eat enough for two people so did two peoples pooing :eek::D:D

on the poo subject is it normal to have what i class rabbits poo pellets as aposed to a normal lump i havnt had a big poo since my op lots of pellets though!!! im guessing its the food going through the band in not so big pieces???

Bit of advice re constipation, make sure you are drinking plenty - dehydration can cause probs. Also make sure you include fruit and veg in your diet. If all else fails I can recomend dulcolax!

According to wls for dummies book having a 'movement' every two to three days is normal. Constipation is classed as having one poop a week! If your struggling to go it's probably because your not drinking enough (according to the book) also a lack of fibre in your diet.

Hope this helps, how convenient i was on the toilet section :)

Happy pooping xxx

Drink lots. If you are constipated you will know about it because you will feel sluggish. Following op it is a few days before you 'perform'. The first time you pass dark stools because you are passing old blood from the operation. Once you are eating normally - in a few weeks time - it can be less than before, everyone is different. I think if it is 'rabbit pellet' size you may well be constipated and should check with your provider as to how to deal with it. Your insides are tender and some laxatives can affect you, so be careful. Water is the main thing to ensure you have enough of. x x

I'm two weeks post op and have only been 4 times i'm now taking lactulose to help a bit frightened to try anything else this early x

Be carful with the sugar content in lactulose. benefiber or ducolax are better.
After the first few weeks passed and my body ajusted to the iron tabs i started going daily its black, stinks and im glad im not going in the toilet after me.

I used to be more than once a day, now I'm only once every 3 days or so.

Plus I can reach a lot easier too!

I have the cleanest ring in Sheffield now :kissass:

Scrap what I replied before having not "been" since my op....

I have now :)

xxx

god, this post is a pile of poo!! :8855::8855::8855:

I am now 7 months post op and is till have problems going sometimes.....it depends on what you are eating and drinking as to whether it will be frequent or not and also how loose or solid it will be.

Remember we are all eating a lot less so there is a lot lss to get rid of.

Before op i could quite easily go 3 times a day, first few months after op i was lucky to go once every 3 days and now 7 months on....probably once a day unless i have a bad few days with food which happen now again and then it will be once every 2 days or so...

Good luck with your bowel movements everyone and happy pooping!! :)

I used to go through a four pack of loo roll a week - now its 3/4 weeks - poo every day but smaller ones and not messy - what a strange thing to talk about with strangers!!!!!

Back