• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O M G

well today was ok i guess, but i hate having to think about everything i eat, i guess i had hoped that by having this op i wouldnt be able to eat a lot, so naturally the weight would come of without thinking about it, wow how wrong was i,i really dont want to spend my life on a diet, why you might ask, well for 30 odd years i have had food issues from over eating to bulima, and wanted this op to stop me wanting to eat, by making me feel full most of the time, but because i dont feel full for long, my body wants to still binge eat and that is hard to fight,
today i had
coffee.
breakfast :1 1/2 slices of wholemeal toast with cheese and tomato,
snack : 1 pineapple ring
lunch :3/4 wholemeal sandwich with chicken and mayo, plus 1/2 packet crisps,
snack :2 pineapple rings, 1 yogurt 1 small bag of maltessers 89 cals over an hour
dinner: wasnt feeling like eating i havent felt to good today have a chest infection but had
1/4 of a 2 egg omelet with ham and cheese,
2 tablespoons of savory rice
1 tablespoon mushy peas

dessert : banana yogurt with cut up banana and a little bit of chopped up chocolate but this made me dump
i still cant seem to drink much as i never feel thirsty, so i forget to drink, im going to go and have a glass of juice now.

well thats what i had today, not sure if its good or bad really,

Tray, i hear you about not wanting to conventionally 'diet' after having wls. I was the same. I want to eat the same as my family (except chips yuk yuk) but in lot smaller portions. I did go through a stage of recording my food on my fitnesspal and this helped a lot in terms of cutting down on nibbling x

I use myfitnesspal every few days to check Im not eating too much but it always says Im in starvation mode :eek: Trust me I dont look like a starving person :D XX

No its a website, you fill in your details i.e. weight, height age fitness lever etc and it tells you how many calories you should be eating to loose weight. I dont use it every day as I dont want to become obsessed with calories etc but I do it every few days to check Im eating ok-ish. The best thing is it works out how many grammes of protein you have had too :D Its free to use too XX

Dotty it has never told me i'm in starvation mode, although now you mention it my legs do look thinner :)

Tracy? If you do exercise of any kind, housework, walking, anything, log it and it gives you extra calories that you should really eat...

it's a good tool xx

Tray... I'm hopeless with computers... and the Myfitnesspal is just great and easy to cope with... it's clever it works out everything and then even tells you if you require more of one nutrient or another... I don't know how these clever people do it... but it's certainly helping me a lot love... although I'm struggling at present to get more than 500 calories a day... I'm working on it... protein first...

Love and hugs. Never ever say Never and keep on chugging... it's not an easy ride... but we are all holding on somehow xxx

Tray, is there any chance that there is a bariatric support group closer to home at all? Maybe one that meets in a local hospital? I know that some of them let people attend even if they haven't had surgery there.

Hi Tray I had not read this or the other post so cannot comment on what went on before. Having read through this tho I would just like to say that the Celevac that Julie mentioned can be bought online at Chemist Direct. The pills are only about £4 and well worth a try. (and for anyone else who wants a 'filler' to fight hunger)

You have already lost four stone so dont give up now - with support you will get there.

Back