• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/T op...!

purplefluffything

Evening, just looking for someones ear...;)
Iv for the last 2 weeks had more health worry?? Iv had a large swelling come up on my back right over were the scar is were my morphine/ clonidine pump catheter is implanted...
It could be cerablespinal fluid leak & or the medication from the pump..
I'm due to go to day surgery tomorrow so consultant can see if he can identify what's going on and sort it, or exploratory procedure then op next week either way I'm due another blade on my back and more bed rest.
I'm scared nervous & this is the kind of thing scarying me regarding wls..!
One minute I forget the risk of the wls & post op surgery and I begin to allow myself to look forward to losing wieght . Then I am jolted back to reality when I begin to feel unwell, this has happened to me each time iv had surgery & then have post op complications it's been like this for the last ten years....!
I hope I'm not coming across as a winger? All I'm really wanting is guidance and good advice..
Many of you know iv had spinal surgery a few times and also damaged nerves. Now I'm
on 24/7 pain relief....
My wl surgeon iv recently realised is even worried for me..!
Wish me luck tomorrow. I'm in an awful lot of pain.
Oh and Saturday I have a consultaion to access me for annesthetising me for dental surgery due to pain and not being able to sit in a dentist chair long enough to be treated .
iv had two teeth break ( This is my fourth) due to lack of calcium. I'm taking vitamin D
meds..
Thank you for being here for me.. XxxX

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Diana

Wishing you bucket loads of good luck and sending you a gentle hug too :hug99:

Sorry, I havent got any advice but I will be thinking about you! x

Grace

This is awful and I so feel for you Diana. I would say on the whole WLS is no where near as risky as Neuro surgery.
Sending huge hugs.
Grace xxx

Big an Bouncy

Oh Diana my heart goes out to you,how much pain must one person have.Makes me ashamed cos I have a headache and feel sorry for myself!I dont pray but you will be in my thoughts sweetheart.Sending healing vibes across cyberspace....Maz x

keeley86

Doesn't sound good Hun, hope you have some luck with your health now and things start looking up for you soon, all the best for tomorrow xxx

purplefluffything

What wonderful people you all are here! I feel I could cry my eyes are stinging..
You have all got back to me to comfort me regardless to whether you have an answer for me!!
Thank you for all your well wishes, hugs, cuddles ...
I mean it from my heart thank
You for trying to help
And just being there specialy wen it's getting late into the night..
Hugs n love to you all xxx

Grace

And more hugs and cuddles to you.
Night night sweety.
Grace xxx

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Oh Diana i wished you still lived in Herne Bay!! My heart goes out to you and i cant begin to imagine what you go through each day. You do seem like one of life's survivors though so hopefully that strength will pull you through the next few weeks. Hope you get some answers today, keep us posted xxx

purplefluffything

Thank you Lisa, what a beautiful thing to say to me..
Lisa I will hopefully been back in swalecliffe/hernebay by April or May, my brother will be going to my parents holiday caravan in march just to air things ect & then it will be ready for me & my parents, my husband don't like holidays much so often go away withy parents..
Thank you again for being
So kind..Well I'm off to hospital now ..
Hugs xx

purplefluffything

Update on hospital visit yesterday..
I had extensive investigations which were very uncomfortable for me (although my consultant & his staff look after me as though I'm 'VIP')
He thinks iv had a leak at the site where the cathter enters the intrathecal space this has been
Causing the CFS loss..
The plan for now is to keep a close eye on it iv to go back Friday 21/01/11 next week.
Dr doesn't want to drain it or open it yet! as this can cause it to keep coming up Plus infection risk (high risk of menagitus) that will be a last resort.. He is hoping for it to eventualy go down and repair on it's own.
For now I have moderate pain relief but better than yesterday :) . Not sure if this will hold up wls ???
Have a good weekend everyone .
Hugs xx

Bev

Aww Diana, what an ordeal... do hope that this can be sorted and I'm so sorry to read of your problems, sending a huge hug to you as always and loads of love, keep in touch Angel... all the very best to you xxx

dottychic

I hope the pain relief is helping Diana, you have really been through the mill! I hope it doesnt hold up yor WLS (HUG) XX

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Hiya Diana at least you now know whats going on fingers crossed it sorts itself out and i really hope it doesnt interfere with your surgery. We'll have to meet up on the field at swalecliffe(seafront) you can meet my annoying dog! At least you have your visits to the caravan to look forward to....summers coming!!!!!! Take care xxx

dawny

diana, glad your pain relief is a little better, can i just say, ive had a couple of spinal surgeries, i too have nerve damage, and am waiting to go in for another spinal surgery. what i wanted tosay to you is, wls is no where near as bad as your other ops, im on a lot of meds, and they more than helped with the wls pain, so you dont need to worry too much about that, the only thing i found was with lying still for so long during the surgery, it did increase my back pain for a few days, but once that settled down, everything was fine. good luck with your surgery, ill be thinking of you, and i hope your problem at the moment settles down soon. big hugs huni, xxx

purplefluffything

Thank you for being so supportive Dawn.
It's very positive and a great sigh if of relief to hear wls is not as bad as spinal ;).
Unfortunatly due to the levels iv had done and the state of my spine the surgeon (& second opinion) won't touch my back anymore it is beyond repair now due to what iv had ( different things plus complications, also my hips have now extensive arthritis, arthritis in my spine now as well. ) hence pain relief. I still have had my back open many times & will do in the future due to pain relief surgery, it's the only way to fit all the apparatus of pump in..
I thank god for my pain team everyday, they have never let me down..
Thank you again Dawn but I am so sorry to hear that you have troubles too with your back.. I wish you some relief of pain in your life..
Hugs xx