• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Obsessed???

tracyt84

Hiya everyone,ive had comments from a few people saying im becoming obsessed with losing weight etc. i read the contents of everything i put in my mouth and wont eat it if over a certain fat consent,i weigh myself regularly and buy new clothes to aim myself to fit into them, i dont think im becoming obsessed i think its called being SENSIBLE and aiming for my target weight that i want to be xx

good to keep that sense it will become second nature and people wont notice because u wont need to read the labels you will already know whether you should eat it or not.. Ignore them for the moment hun until that confidence is with you keep to it. xx

I'm the same Tracy. I'm very careful with what I put in my mouth now. I never want to be morbidly obese ever again. Take no notice, there's probably a tinge of envy and jealousy there somewhere. You look great, keep doing what your doing xx

Hiya everyone,ive had comments from a few people saying im becoming obsessed with losing weight etc. i read the contents of everything i put in my mouth and wont eat it if over a certain fat consent,i weigh myself regularly and buy new clothes to aim myself to fit into them, i dont think im becoming obsessed i think its called being SENSIBLE and aiming for my target weight that i want to be xx

Who cares if you are obsessed! As long as it is working for you, stick to it. :) They are some 'friends' (and sometimes even family members) who struggle to understand that you decided to loose weight and therefore you want to stick to it. One of those friends even turned funny when I said that I will love to go with her for tea but I will skip the cake; she suggested that one piece will not hurt. I explained that it probably will not hurt, but it may make me vomit in the middle of the coffee shop! :D

It's called taking responsibility for yourself :rolleyes: who would put themselves through surgery just to go back to eating cr*p ... you go girl & sod what anyone else thinks :D (unless it's complimentary, of course :D) xxx

i dont think im becoming obsessed i think its called being SENSIBLE

This is what is important Tracy - what YOU think and how YOU feel not what other people seem to think. To them, doing what you do may seem obsessive, but then do they really get it? Have they gone through what you have and trying to achieve what you are? Probably not. To those who do understand, who are aiming towards those same things, it is sensible . . it isn't obsessive . . .it is the way life often changes post surgery for many.

Im sure if they were walking in your shoes, going through what you have and are, they would see it as sensible too . . .as it is, they probably aren't and are therefore quick to make judgements from a place of ignorance and a lack of understanding.

It's probably one of the biggest things you've ever done in your life. Some call it obsessed, I'd say focused!! Keep up the good work Hun, don't let others talk you out of what you're doing. Xxx

im the type of person who takes everything to heart that people say,i know i shouldnt be do! im not gonna stop being 'obsessed' until i reach where i want to be,until ill carry on walking around the supermarket reading all packets etc lol xx

I am completely obsessed with what I eat, how much I weigh, and wls in general. But when I wasn't I was 30 stone. So the way I see it, I'm taking responsibility for my wellbeing, recognising that my issues can't be dealt with in a 'normal' way - if they could have I wouldn't have needed surgery and maybe I need to be a little obsessed. We are still in such early days there is no way we could relax yet. Unfortunately people don't understand that. I have in the past worried about how obsessed I am, but now think that its just part of the journey and there will be a point when I am ready to put my spreadsheet down once in a while. Until then I have my iphone ;)

When I first had my surgery/was about to have it I lost count of the number of people who warned me not to become 'obsessed', 'anal' or 'fixated' with my weight. If obsessed means conscious of my health and trying to avoid things that are bad for me and would prevent me from reaching my potential then I'm embracing obsession! Some people don't want their fat friends to change because our perceived 'deficits' make them feel better about themselves. Sad but true. You're doing fabulously well and I only hope I can follow in your footsteps!!!!

I have the same. But, it's new and it's huge. I think everyone goes through a phase of being a bit obsessed. I am forever reading labels and freaking out over fat content. But, I am at the point where I don't care what anyone thinks. It maybe selfish, but I have never been this weight and I don't want to lose momentum. Lol

I am definitely obsessed- but, hey, it works for me !
As long as we don't become so obsessed that we
a) ruin all our relationships coz we can't stop yacking on about wl
b) bankrupt ourselves with the all 'goal' clothes we keep buyo ing
or
c) overdo it and make ourselves ill i.e anorexic then I can't see a problem
Well done, and keep up the good work xx

I think it is natural to be a bit obsessed. It is important thing for you to loose weight. You invested money, suffered pain and put in some effort; it is natural that you try your best to succeed, otherwise the money and pain and effort has been for nothing. There is nothing wrong with being 'a bit' obsessed. E.g. when someone has a new baby, they are also a bit obsessed and can't stop talking about him/her. Why should it be any different when you have something that is important for you?

I am also obsessed with what I eat and still keep a food diary recording daily carbs fat,calories and protein intake, also fluid intake, and bowel habits and anything else I feel might be relevant. I accept I probably an a bit anal about it, but It has worked for me thus far, and hopefully as I become more confident about being able to control what and how much I eat, I will be able to relax more, I say go with what works for you, and ignore those that complain, they probably are just jealous or just don't understand.. You have done so well with your weight loss, you look amazing xxx

I agree that being aware is very different to being obsessed. As long as you thoughts don't cause you misery then there isn't any a problem. When I put on weight faster than I could keep up it was because I buried my head in the sand. I had no idea that a pizza could be 1500 calories and that was just my dinner. Sure I dieted loads but always crazy diets, not sensible aware eating like now. Now I weigh what I eat, count calories and look at labels too because that works for me. You have to do what works for you and if people try to convince you to do other wise then you have to question their motives. Good for you, keep up the good work, you are doing fantastically :) x

Last edited:
Back