• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2014 Surgeries

Su2ie

OMG!!! I've just had a severely painful reaction to some chicken, thought I'd done some serious damage!!!
Had some roast chicken leg, removed the skin and any fat eating tender meat only. After about 5 mins felt like I'd been stabbed in the stomach, the pain was so immense never felt anything like it. Got really hot and shaky and felt like i needed to be sick. I couldn't be sick but was very burpy.
20 mins later the pain and nausea has settled but my stomach still feels a bit sore and very gurgly. I'm sure it wasn't dumping but rather a case of eating too quickly and not chewing enough - lesson learnt!!!
Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?? Hope I haven't done any damage :(

wilb32

OMG!!! I've just had a severely painful reaction to some chicken, thought I'd done some serious damage!!! Had some roast chicken leg, removed the skin and any fat eating tender meat only. After about 5 mins felt like I'd been stabbed in the stomach, the pain was so immense never felt anything like it. Got really hot and shaky and felt like i needed to be sick. I couldn't be sick but was very burpy. 20 mins later the pain and nausea has settled but my stomach still feels a bit sore and very gurgly. I'm sure it wasn't dumping but rather a case of eating too quickly and not chewing enough - lesson learnt!!! Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?? Hope I haven't done any damage :(

That keeps happening to me, I discussed it with my dietician and she thought it was probably eating too fast. It happened this week at work I had taken one slice of chicken breast and some vegetables and gravy into work and was eating it whilst I was catching up with my work on the lap top, wasn't concentrating on my eating so was probably eating too fast! Note to self take a proper lunch break.

Su2ie

What's one of them??

Of course, absolutely right, should take a proper lunch break and not eat while working!! I'll certainly try not to make the same mistake again!!!! Horrid!

alfiemoomin

So no loss this week but with 4 xmas dos and me trying not to allow people to notice I feel I've done rather well..... I'll maintain careful selective food consumption to see me through the festive period x

fatfree81

Wants to be fat free!!!
Hi all, well done angie and Alfie.. Had my first hosp check up since op on 17th oct.. And I have lost 33% of my excess weight.. Gone from 19.9 in my first app with Bariatric in July to 15.9 on Friday.. So chuffed.. And bring on next year!!!
Merry Christmas to u all and look forward going into next year with u all and hearing all your achievements xxx

alfiemoomin

Dear October friends, i have a measly 1 lb to go to hit my 12 stone xmas goal, i may just scrape it but if i dont then its cool. whats more important is i have been able to reflect, see how much happier, positive nd good i feel about my future, my health and life in general. losing weight isnt about just looking good, its about health and feeling and emotion. i can honestly say i am in a better place, and yes im dropping in weight and thats a buzz.

i could absolutly not have done this alone, without you support all i would not have moved on mentally to such a brighter place. i want to take a moment to thank you all, and wish you all a very merry christmas, and a wonderful and positive 2015.

New Years resolution....... more exsercise and look to help others more, even in small ways and without expecting something back.

what are others going to pledge?

love to all the kind hearts in the world x

fatfree81

Wants to be fat free!!!
Hi all.. Not been on for agessssss... How is everyone??? Hope you are well.. Life has just been going so fast with journey,kids etc...
Last weigh day I was 12 stone 1lb so since starting my liver shrinkage diet I have lost just over 8 stone now.. Feels good to type that.. Please let me know how you are all doing?? Seems a lifetime ago we where all waiting for October to arrive.. Lots of love fatfree81 xxx

alfiemoomin

Hello October buddies, to remind all I was 6th!

Since Xmas I've had ups and downs mentally and in weight lol I battled the 1 demon lb for around 3 months! In March I joined a local gym.

I'm a few lb down from March and well on my way to a toned size 12 which is incredible and a great feeling.

Fat free you look stunning ... Absolutely lovely with those pretty shoulders and collar bones! Well done you x

wilb32

Can't believe it's nearly 9 months since my surgery present loss 5 stone 1lb just taking me into the 10 stones wearing lovely size 12 clothes and most important of all feeling healthy and fit
Weight loss has really slowed down now but I have lost over the 70% of my excess weight that the hospital told me to expect, I loose about 2lb a month now so will hopefully get to my own target of 10 stone in the near future.

fatfree81

Wants to be fat free!!!
Thank u all for replying.. You done sooooooooo well.. So nice to come here and share And hear of people journeys as it just reinforces I did the right thing for me,my health and my life.. And made so lovely friends on the way xxx

alfiemoomin

3 months!!! Crikey it's gone very quickly. My journeys been ups and downs, I think I expected to have surgery and be like a size 10 in 12 weeks lol. I did great till jan then a major stall and I lost my way a little, thankfully by March is plucked the courage to joint a gym and it really kick started me.

I'm not weighing light but having taken up running and classes 4-5 times a week I doubted the scales would tell me much as I'm building muscle. I am losing inches though and starting to fit into 12 clothes so very pleased.

I guess it would be kind of fab to be a size 12 properly by October and fit, toned and continue the health regain I have been experiencing

Hope everyone is recognising their fantastic achievements too and being kind to themselves xxx

Angie E

Hi all,

Decided to check in this forum and give you all an update. I have lost 110 so far, only 16 pounds before hitting my target. I hoping to get there by my one year anniversary but not holding out as the weight lose in the last 3 months have been extremely slow, however I am still loosing the inches. I have gone from a size 24 to a size 14. I would show you all a picture but don't know how to download pictures and put on them on this site. I feeling extremely good, have been snacking on wrong foods on many occasions but have got back on track the next day when ever that happens. Eating protein is still a struggle but I'm hoping in the future that will change.
I glad to say I don't have any lose skin other than saggy tits my bust has gone down from a size 42JJ to 34D!!! That's the bra size I was at school. I did work out very early on in the process 2 weeks after WLS and god that has paid off big time. I haven't gone crazy on the clothes shopping, only buying from Primark, Sainsbury's and M&S as I still going down a size every 6 weeks. I bought a pair of jeans from Primark 2 weeks ago a size 14 and this morning I am using a belt to keep them up. I hoping to settle to a size 12, no more, then I'm done and onto maintenance. It's been an interesting journey watching my body change, I never felt so good and look good.

Keep up the good work all. I hope hear on your one year anniversary updates. XXX

Tules

Fantastic weight loss Angie, look forward to seeing your photos ( you can click on advance when sending a message and upload photos that way - or upload on your profil album)

alfiemoomin

Ange this is truly inspirational and such an uplifting post to read, flipping well done Hun and wobbly boobies is nothing as a good bra will keep you sorted lol x so chuffed for you x you've really spurred me on girl thanks x