• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2014 Surgeries

Well to remind you all i was a 7th Oct gal. I went abroad and I've nil complications no boffing or anything. I had trapped surgery wind first couple days mind you. Liquids all went well. Took time to move to puree and now on normal foods and wounds healed wonderfully so was it worth it??? Hell Yeh ? 24 lbs lighter and feel human again x
Love it alfiemoon love to hear positivity and success x

Just a few questions for those of you that are a few weeks ahead of me....

In the first week or so post op how did you manage to shower and wash hair? I'm having a bit of a nightmare trying to keep the dressings dry but myself clean!!

The pain is slowly getting better (with the emphasis on slowly!). I've not really had a problem with wind pain, more the pain from the actual op area. How long does this last?

Feeling really dizzy today, is this normal?

What dressings do you have su2ie? Was it laparoscopic?? Mine have dermobond glue, which is 'splash' proof, so have got some opsite dressings, these are totally waterproof, I've showered away no problem at all!

Zxx

Hi susie
I have the waterproof dressings aswell so no issues showering and washing hair. They gave me some spares in case they peeled off but so far no issues. Have to talk them off after ten days.

No wind pain, but plenty of bottom wind! as you i have soreness in the op area. No dizziness, just off on my mile walk today, gotta keep moving lol

I found u was allergic to waterproof faster healing so used traditional type that's breathable. I would shower dry off and then apply fresh ones. Brought few packs from tesco about a pound a box x

Dizzy might be linked to not enough fuel ie food. How much protein are you getting in? X

I'm not really managing to get much food in at all but trying to concentrate on protein by topping up with milk and yogurt as much as possible.

I don't know what type of dressings I've got, the nurse just said try to keep them dry. They all feel a bit itchy, I can only assume that's a good thing and it must be healing. One of the wounds is quite raised though, think it might need checking out.

Thanks for the replies x

Better to be checked. I was showing and air drying fir 5 days then redressing. 5 to 10th day slept without dressings to allow air to wounds it sped up healing for me. X

Hi all,

Just a quick update. Doing extremely well. I have been on puree foods for the last couple of days, I have found it hard to get my body use to eating again, very strange. Feeling so full after eating, I can only manage half a cup per serving. Anyway I'm still losing weight, so far since surgery I have lost 2 stone!! 4 1/2 stone to go. A lot of friends and family have already notice the difference. I have gone down from a size 24 to now a 18!! I am enjoying the journey and I'm so glad I decided to have this surgery.

I wish all the best for now.

Hi all, Just a quick update. Doing extremely well. I have been on puree foods for the last couple of days, I have found it hard to get my body use to eating again, very strange. Feeling so full after eating, I can only manage half a cup per serving. Anyway I'm still losing weight, so far since surgery I have lost 2 stone!! 4 1/2 stone to go. A lot of friends and family have already notice the difference. I have gone down from a size 24 to now a 18!! I am enjoying the journey and I'm so glad I decided to have this surgery. I wish all the best for now.

That's absolutely great, 2 stone already - well done you!! Sounds like you're doing really well and well on your way to a healthier and happier life x

Just a few questions for those of you that are a few weeks ahead of me....

In the first week or so post op how did you manage to shower and wash hair? I'm having a bit of a nightmare trying to keep the dressings dry but myself clean!!

The pain is slowly getting better (with the emphasis on slowly!). I've not really had a problem with wind pain, more the pain from the actual op area. How long does this last?

Feeling really dizzy today, is this normal?

Hi suzie, how's the dizziness? I get it when I stand up! Have been told to drink more water! Struggling with that though I'm rubbish at remembering to drink xxx

Hi all,

Just a quick update. Doing extremely well. I have been on puree foods for the last couple of days, I have found it hard to get my body use to eating again, very strange. Feeling so full after eating, I can only manage half a cup per serving. Anyway I'm still losing weight, so far since surgery I have lost 2 stone!! 4 1/2 stone to go. A lot of friends and family have already notice the difference. I have gone down from a size 24 to now a 18!! I am enjoying the journey and I'm so glad I decided to have this surgery.

I wish all the best for now.

Wow well done Angie xxx

13 days post op had a rough weekend woke early hours Saturday morning in agony had to be re-admitted and found my bowel was distended and I was really dehydrated 3 liters of IV fluid and they allowed me to come home everything seems to have settled although gone back to liquid diet for a few more days. So far lost about 10 lb post op whilst I was in hospital I put on 2lb despite not eating probably due to the 3 liters of IV fluid!
Tonight I am trying a Tesco cottage pie 3tbspn with gravy and puréed to a sloppy mix hope this goes down ok
What is everyone else eating?

Hope your doing better! How have you been this week.... Big hugs xxx

Hi suzie, how's the dizziness? I get it when I stand up! Have been told to drink more water! Struggling with that though I'm rubbish at remembering to drink xxx

It's a bit better thanks but it comes and goes, especially if I try to do too much. It is really hard fitting in enough fluids having to sip slowly and avoid meal times!
Hope you feel better soon x

Hi October surgery people,

I wanted to know how you all are doing. That's is Alfiemoomin, Natclaire, Bellini, Incasmum, Marcos, Maggy, Fatfee81, Willow4 and LovelyZoby. I'm sorry if I have not listed you name on the list.

For myself I'm doing fine. I had my first stall last week(week 5) I'm sure due to the lack of calories and not drinking enough water. So I decided to up my calories and drink more water and as result the scales started to move again. I have been struggling with getting my protein intake, chicken, salmon, mince meat and haddock makes me vomit. So I have protein shakes, cheese and beans (mashed) to help me get my daily intake.

I had to through way a lot of my old clothes last week and replace them with some old size 18's I had in my spare room, I also went out and bought some clothes from Primark which will do for now.

Anyway let me know how you are doing....XX

Week 5 seems to be a something we all get me and bear did the same x

I did a post month thread earlier I feel wonderful and I adore my new attitude to food. It no longer controls me or my life.

I've healed well no dumping or boffing to date and I'm now doing yoga as flinging myself about isn't permitted but only due to previous bad back.

The sleeve was my best gift to myself. I still remain firm that whether we gift out proceedure to ourselves or its gifted by the nhs we deserve the chance and must embrace all that come with it.

My fellow wls friends and especially by my October buddies with whom I have a special bond. I would love to have a reunion or meeting next October if anyone's interested?

Obvs nibbles of high protein would he involved lol and perhaps a central location for people x

What do we think all? 12 months post op? I'll bring before and after shots if you will x x

Hi October surgery people, I wanted to know how you all are doing. That's is Alfiemoomin, Natclaire, Bellini, Incasmum, Marcos, Maggy, Fatfee81, Willow4 and LovelyZoby. I'm sorry if I have not listed you name on the list. For myself I'm doing fine. I had my first stall last week(week 5) I'm sure due to the lack of calories and not drinking enough water. So I decided to up my calories and drink more water and as result the scales started to move again. I have been struggling with getting my protein intake, chicken, salmon, mince meat and haddock makes me vomit. So I have protein shakes, cheese and beans (mashed) to help me get my daily intake. I had to through way a lot of my old clothes last week and replace them with some old size 18's I had in my spare room, I also went out and bought some clothes from Primark which will do for now. Anyway let me know how you are doing....XX
Although Im not an October person but would like to comment if i can. It looks like you are doing very very well. Apparently stalls are quite common. Wow thats s lot of protein that makes you sick is it because you are intolerant or cant digest it. Does water help speed up the weight loss when you have stalls. Its good you had to throw away a lot of clothes. . I cant wait to go to Primark bet there lovely. have you started exercising? All the best with the rest of your journey. Best wishes hun xx

Back