• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Off to the out of hours dr

zns

:cry:Still having bowel issues and last night was in a lot of pain trying to go to the toilet so phoned NHS direct lastnight and they said to try and get some sleep and see the out of hours dr today so just waiting for my appointment time and off I go. Hopefully they can prescribe something to get the bowels going as its very very painful now :(

good luck hun hope the appointment goes well and maybe you will come back with some dynamite. xxx

Oh hun im so sorry, i really hope you get it sorted soon as pain is the last thing you need! Good luck hun. xxxxx

Good Luck hun, hope you get something to help you xx

Good luck, hope you start to feel more comfortable very soon

good luck sweets hope your sorted soon xx

Awww Angel, there is nothing worse than this feeling... let us know how you get on and hoping this will soon be sorted... love and hugs xxx

Well that was a waste of time! He could have told me the same thing over the phone when he called back earlier. He didnt want to prescribe anything so has just told me to increase the lactulose dose as they dont put the highest doses on the bottle so that people dont over dose, so 25ml twice a day instead of 15ml and if that doesnt work try 30ml. Im so fed up of the pain and discomfort from not being able to go :cry:

I suspect you will need to speak to your hospital tomorrow. Don't leave it if you're in this much pain.
I'm surprised you're able to take Lactulose, I'm sure it would make me dump.

I was just going to say that, be careful with the lactolose, its syrup based and could cause you to be poorly, I hope you get some better help from the hospital tomorrow....

I know the feeling well zns. I have movicol and that works although it was over £11 and just bought some senna today on the instructions of my team. They also said bysocodyl (sp) too and sugar free prune juice although couldn't think of anything more disgusting. I was crying in pain this morning the constipation was so bad. Hope you get sorted.

zns firstly it's worse when you go the other way, believe me i been there, pooping yourself when your best mate comes round aint nice xx

I struggle to go, my gp prescribed senna tablets (very small) and movicol and so long as i'm consistent taking them there are no more earth moving problems in that department...

Speak to your hospital tomorrow and ring your gp too and explain. I personally think lactulose is not a good thing, most things that end in 'ose' mean sugar based, sucrose/glucose etc..

Good luck xx

Honestly its a sugar that is not absorbed from the gut or metabolised by the body (I have a degree in biochemistry) so dont worry. I cant stomach movicol its foul foul foul!

My husband tried to get some prune juice (yuck) but the shop didnt have any.

I did say about the constipation on friday at my check but the nurse wasnt that worried as I have been once. Ive just got to the end of my tether with the pain.

Sorry you had such a nasty experience phatmomma, but right now I really would rather do that than have this :( x

Back