• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Off to the out of hours dr

It is so painful Zns, i suffered badly in the beginning. I know Movicol is foul but like Julie i find it really good and if i take it regularly it keeps me going and keeps all the pain away. Lactulose never helped me and at a couple of occasions i had to take Sennakot in the early weeks. Hope you get some relief soon x

Oh my dear hun, I am the exact opposite to all of you bunged up people. I am constantly on the loo all the time which I must say I prefer. I never went for 3 days after my op and when I did I was so excited it was like all my christmases had come at once.:cool:

I think I have read on hear that some people have used suppositorys, but not being up on this subject not sure which ones.:rolleyes:

Anyway hun, I do hope you get some movement soon...... Fingers crossed for you.

Hiya, because I take so many codeine based painkillers,, I have to take lactulose and senna tablets (2) at night, and even then I sometimes don't go, but usually after the second night of these doses I manage to get relief lol.
Really hope you are sorted out soon hun xxx

i read on here about those little yogurt type drinks that are pro biotic, i got the actimel ones, and since ive been taking one of those every morning, ive been great, i cant believe it, i too take lots of meds that cause constipation, at least 3 of my meds cause it. it might be worth trying them, i think it might have been charis that recommended them. hope you do get it sortd out soon huni, not a nice thing to have is it. big hugs xx

Use the lactulose and the glyceryin. If its painful its impacted so get those suppositories up there. wet the tip in water to help ease it up, leave it as long as you can, if you can keep popping em up 2-3 shoulod help and that along with the lactulose. x

Well that was a waste of time! He could have told me the same thing over the phone when he called back earlier. He didnt want to prescribe anything so has just told me to increase the lactulose dose as they dont put the highest doses on the bottle so that people dont over dose, so 25ml twice a day instead of 15ml and if that doesnt work try 30ml. Im so fed up of the pain and discomfort from not being able to go :cry:

I suffered terribly with this early on and even ended up in hospital for 3 days as I was impacted was having stomach cramps and couldn't drink so was severely dehydrated. On that occasion an enaema worked for me and since then as soon as I get constipated I use suppositories. One of the things I have done since is drink drink drink as it's usually not drinking enough that starts it off and then its painful to drink if it gets too bad. Be careful with the laculose as it can make you dump (even though its synthetic sugar) - it always used to make my blood sugar rise before the op resolved my diabetes - Movicol works for me too. Hope it resolves soon x

It shouldnt make your blood sugar rise as its not absorbed, maybe the make you had contained other sugars? I havent dumped with it and shouldnt so its fine :)
Ive just managed to pass a small amount so feel a bit better for now until more comes down ugh. Im struggling to get enough fluids so its not helping.
Maybe the hospital will suggest something else as well, although theyve not suggested much so far.

thanks x

Back