• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OH GOD!!!

Gnomes

It all seems too real now, I have been given a date, 31st Jan 2012!!

I'm already nervous and it's 10 weeks away and now my head is going,
are you doing the right thing?
what if something goes wrong?
My OH is very laid back about this but I know he is worried about loosing me, so that's also on my mind ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Please tell me I am doing the right thing??

It was the best decision i ever made! Your doing the right thing!! xx

woohoo thats great gnomes!!!! of course you are doing the right thing, just imagine next summer when you would be wearing lovely light clothes and cant because you didnt go through with it lol you'll be fine, good luck :) xxx

hello. havnt had band but didnt want to read n run . time will go so fast now. the new you will be on her way soon. your other half will naturally be worried its a big thing you are doing reassure him by having this op he will have more time to spend with you as weight causes lots of health issues. having the band dne will help you long term.it will also make you feel much happier about yourself. i had bypass and i can see the new me creeping out. my attitude is changing rapidly and its all for the better. i believe this op was the only way i could move forward and i would reccomend wls to anyone needing it. will never be able to thank the wls doctor enough,aswell as the support my wls internet family on this site too. we are all here to help one another throuh the good and the bad times. keep posting as sharing your worries and thoughs help people on the beginning of the journey . tc and gl xx

Hun im the same as you, my op is due Jan/Feb and i have the very same questions in my head!!! i think everyone is worried pre op, have my will done from my last op so thats ok but will re write the letter i left for my hubby.
I know i need to do this op to make my life longer and better but im scared.
Do what im doing hun and think of summer 2012 (my 50th birthday !! ) and how much better we feel and look.
Come on look to the future (((((hug))))).

OH bless you all (I'm getting too religious for my liking on this site ha ha) No seriously, thank you all, I didn't think anyone would answer me, let alone get back to me as quickly as you all have, It's just the boost I needed!!

I thought I was getting a bit morbid, by writing my will and a letter for the OH, but I'm pleased to know that I am not the only one!!

Thanks again xx

Not morbid hun it means we care enough that they don't have that to deal with f the worst happens and the letter is to let him know its ok to enjoy his life in the future with or witht me :) I cried buckets writting it last time but i came through a huge op last time over 6 hours on the table and beat cancer so we will do it but we can relax knowing we have done everything we can for our OH's xxxxx

Mine OH was Sooooo worried but I kept him up to date every step of the way. I lied to him a little bit. Told him it ll take few hours to recover but knew it ll take me in reality one hour... so was surprised but relieved when I texted him tbh I was barely coming round but I knew it was the first thing I had to do! It is Sooooo worth it I have lost a stone in 2 months (since the op) two stone in total since august. Today my OH paid me the biggest compliment in a very long time :) so happy I had it done

You will be fine hun, I got myself in a right state for no reason, you wont regret it x

It all seems too real now, I have been given a date, 31st Jan 2012!!

Please tell me I am doing the right thing??

Wonderful news Gnomes! Yes - it is one of the best decisions of your life. Where are you being done?

Thanks Cathi,
I am being banded at the Whittington in North London, a mere 2.5 hour journey from home! That's the closest one there is, so I am looking to book a hotel for 2 nights as I have to be there for 7am on the morning of the op.

I am being banded at the Whittington in North London, a mere 2.5 hour journey from home! That's the closest one there is, so I am looking to book a hotel for 2 nights as I have to be there for 7am on the morning of the op.

Hi Gnomes,

I am a Londoner hopefully going to have a full bypass a bit later at the Whittington approx March next year. (Pre-surgery review is set for 16 Jan 2012, and then await details of actual op date after that.)

There are some good hotels near Angel Islington (Jury's Inn and others) which would be a few tube stops or quick bus ride from Angel to Archway (bus numbers 17 or 43).

PM me if you would like more info, as I have lived in both north and south London. :p

Best wishes,
Sharon

Hi Gnomes,

I thought more overnight, there are is also a Premier Inn and Holiday Inn at King's Cross or a very very nice Marriott at Swiss Cottage (depending on your budget).

The Marriott/Swiss Cottage is a lovely area -- green and leafy and lots of pretty views. There is a bus that goes from right outside the Marriott to the Whittington, bus number C11.

(I have lived in London too long! LOL!).

I wouldn't recommend staying too close to Archway (location of the Whittington) itself -- it's an inner city scuzzy area with high crime.

Currently I live in south London (Woolwich) and travel up to the Whittington via 1 x train (Woolwich to London Bridge) and then 1 x bus (either 17 or 43) from London Bridge to Archway.

I try to avoid the Northern Line tube if I can, often very crowded (but that is personal choice -- I'm happy to spend a bit longer on a bus!).

Best wishes,
Sharon

the way i looked at it was I was mre at a health risk being so overweight than the risks of the actual surgery. So good luck

Hi Gnomes,

I thought more overnight, there are is also a Premier Inn and Holiday Inn at King's Cross or a very very nice Marriott at Swiss Cottage (depending on your budget).

The Marriott/Swiss Cottage is a lovely area -- green and leafy and lots of pretty views. There is a bus that goes from right outside the Marriott to the Whittington, bus number C11.

(I have lived in London too long! LOL!).

I wouldn't recommend staying too close to Archway (location of the Whittington) itself -- it's an inner city scuzzy area with high crime.

Currently I live in south London (Woolwich) and travel up to the Whittington via 1 x train (Woolwich to London Bridge) and then 1 x bus (either 17 or 43) from London Bridge to Archway.

I try to avoid the Northern Line tube if I can, often very crowded (but that is personal choice -- I'm happy to spend a bit longer on a bus!).

Best wishes,
Sharon

Thank you Sharon for all these ideas,
I'm probably staying at the Premier Inn in Wembley, mainly for 2 reasons,
1 it has parking and is just off the M1 (driving is the easiest way for me to get to London, especially after the train made me 2.5 hrs late for my last app gggrrrrr!!), and 2 it's very near to the underground (I prefer these to buses, don't quite know why??), it's not the easiest route to the Whittington but ho hum!

Thanks again hun xx

Back