• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oh no! Confused!

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
I am going tomorrow for my pre op assessment, and have my op on Saturday (private), but my GP has referred me to Mr Small at Sunderland Royal Hospital too.

I hadn't heard anything about the referral, then 10 minutes ago got a call to say there had been a cancellation for some kind of seminar/lecture that Mr Small is doing tonight at 530 and do I want to go, and I don't know what to do!!

go to the seminar so at least you know what you are in for - ask about the waiting lists and the likelihood of your getting NHS funding. Can you bear to wait for 12 months after getting geared up for Saturday? If you can, then you save huge amounts of money. Do you stand to lose financially if you cancel your private op?

Hmmm, I think I'd be inclined to go. It doesn't commit you to anything and you might find it interesting. xx

Hiya, I have just got back from the Royal, I would suggest going as they will discuss in depth all the pros and cons of the various ops. Even if you decide to go private you will be fully briefed.

Back