• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

oh no

dani38

wow i just watched a bloke on you tube that had the sleeve, he was absolute agony with wind pains. He said he actually thought he was dying the pain was that bad, and he lay there thinking oh my life what have i done! Wish i hadn t watched it!.? X

Font be afraid... Everyone is different... Talk to your doctor about what you saw... That might help ease your worries...

Well I'll be honest, the wind pains can be pretty grotty, but we are all very different. Just because he was in agony, doesn't mean you will. I found wind remedies & getting moving pretty quickly definitely helped to shift it...and the first few days are the worst anyway, is does ease off over time. Unfortunately, after a major laparoscopic operation, it's one of the small down falls...but certainly not enough to worry about or to consider not having the op xxx

In hospital, ask for peppermint water, they gave me a bottle to take home. It's lovely in some hot water and it really eases the wind. Yeah it's can hurt but you have to move around and when you need to let it out do it ! Xx

Wind pain is not even something I'd heard of before doing research for WLS. It's very common, and it does hurt a bit, but nothing you can't cope with. They will give you something to help the wind come out, and walking around the hospital will help greatly! It's different for everyone but I definitely wasn't in 'agony' from windpain.

everybodys pain tolerance is different. I myself didnt find the wind post op that bad, and neither did my friend ( she had sleeve done) I used gripe water and kept moving and it helped quite a lot.......dont let this put u off......HTH Julie xx

thank you so much everyone for your replies its so helpful using this forum to put my mind at rest. Its weird i took my kids this morning to mcdonalds and i sat there thinking would i be able 2 do this after surgery and i actually felt really positive and felt i could. Can you drink tea and coffee after the sleeve and if not how long is it before you can - ? Thanks again x

I can certainly drink tea and coffee after my bypass, but I did go off tea for quite a few months. I was in McDonalds on Saturday - for a coffee! Major success!
Yes, it can be done! :D
Grace xxx

I didnt find the wind pain to be "agony" either, it was uncomfortable mostly and a bit painful other times but we women are made of sterner stuff....he probably gets man flu too :D XX

The first proper drink I had after my DS (so I have a sleeve) was a cup of tea.

And the lady operated on for an RNY the same day had nothing other than lattes all the time we were in hospital post-op

xxx

I won't lie it is very uncomfortable for a day or 2 but take whatever remedies your hospital offer and keep up with the pain meds and you'll do great xxxxxxx

I also did the McDonalds thing on Sat and I survived great with my lovely coffee the smells was enough to satisfy me xxxx

Back