• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to site and 3 days post band!

Loooy72

Hi,

I am just going to introduce myself and waffle for a bit! I am Claire, 38yrs old and a mum of 2 lovely kids. I have had a weight problem forever and have spent half my adult life on a diet and half killing myself with food! I came to the decision that i needed to do something more drastic after the 12th attempt to lose weight following the birth of my wee girl last year! I was so depressed and realised that not only was i going to spend the rest of my life either fat or dieting, but i was going to pass my bad habits onto my kids.

So 2 months ago i broke down in front of my husband and we discussed gastric banding, he was happy for me to go ahead with surgery as if i'm honest i know he doesn't find me attractive this big.

I went to see my GP, then the surgeon at the Nuffield Glasgow and hey presto i had my band surgery 3 days ago!

I am coping well, terrible wind pain, but otherwise pain free! Kinda did expect to wake up thin! But have recovered from that fantasy today and realise there is a long road ahead!

Hopefully this forum will provide me with some help and advice and most importantly encouragement as only my husband and best friend know that i have done this.

Best Wishes

Claire aka Loooy72

Welcome Claire! Lovely to have you with us xx We have loads of great newly banded folks here as well as lots of us further on to help you with anything you need x

Get some deflatine/peppermint tea/gripe water for your wind pain (shoulder pain) and have a gentle walk round the house now and then and it should help x

Here's the banders section xx http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders/

welcome aboard

Hi and Welcome Claire xx

Welcome to the forum - you will find all the support and advice and entertainment you need here.

Loooy72 said:
Hi,

I am just going to introduce myself and waffle for a bit! I am Claire, 38yrs old and a mum of 2 lovely kids. I have had a weight problem forever and have spent half my adult life on a diet and half killing myself with food! I came to the decision that i needed to do something more drastic after the 12th attempt to lose weight following the birth of my wee girl last year! I was so depressed and realised that not only was i going to spend the rest of my life either fat or dieting, but i was going to pass my bad habits onto my kids.

So 2 months ago i broke down in front of my husband and we discussed gastric banding, he was happy for me to go ahead with surgery as if i'm honest i know he doesn't find me attractive this big.

I went to see my GP, then the surgeon at the Nuffield Glasgow and hey presto i had my band surgery 3 days ago!

I am coping well, terrible wind pain, but otherwise pain free! Kinda did expect to wake up thin! But have recovered from that fantasy today and realise there is a long road ahead!

Hopefully this forum will provide me with some help and advice and most importantly encouragement as only my husband and best friend know that i have done this.

Best Wishes

Claire aka Loooy72

Good luck and welcome xxxx

Hi Chopster,

Good to know that you are at the same point! I am having less wind pain today, but a terrible stich and diarrhoea! Just can't stop going!! It's so weird!

How are you??

I have not been to the loo yet but had terrible constipation the night of the op and sat on the loo for over an hour as I was too afraid to 'push'! Wind pain easing but getting hubby to do lots of shoulder massage (ok maybe I put it on a bit lol!)

Port a bit sore still and have got a massive bruise showing from under the dressing. Managed to sleep on my right side last night but can't wait to sleep on the left as that is the side I normally sleep on.

Hope your tummy settles ok

Hi welcome on board, you will feel brand new soon. I'm 4 weeks post op & feeling loads better, must confess the weight loss is helping :) xx

hello and welcome x

after reading your post i think its a wonderful thing that you have done not only for yourself but for your children xx big thumbs up to you and well done xx

Hi Chopster,
How are you today? wind pain is easing for me, but having a terrible "stich" like pain just below my left ribs! I was wondering if that is my port as i know the surgeon put it in around there??
I struggled pushing the buggy up the hill to school this morning and am sooo tired what with less than 500 calories and looking after the kids! Roll on tomorrow and pureed food!! Never thought i would say that !!

Sounds like you are getting loads of sympathy from hubby!

Take care

Claire

Hi Claire,

I am feeling sooo much better today thanks. My daughter is 9 so can pretty much look after herself but I have been a bit lazy the last couple of days and took her to school in the car as I thought the walk would be a bit much. I don't envy you pushing that buggy!!!

Booked the week off work and am bored stiff. I could give the bathroom a good scrub but don't want to overdo it ;)

I have nipped into town this morning and parked near a lovely scrapbook shop as I enjoy doing that and bought some bits and pieces for a new album so that will keep me busy for a bit.

Take care of yourself x

Sharon

Back