• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im gonna snap...

ldavidson84

i am currently on my pre op diet and since starting this on Wednesday my mother in law has been round everyday with lots of cake!!!

I swear she is taking the you know what :mad::mad::mad:

Each day she has been round with half a plate sized cake for hubby and lots of little cakes for the boys!

Today i have said something to my hubby about it before i snap at her, he has never eaten so much cake :eek::eek::eek: he has apologised and said he will talk to her about it.
She has baked the cakes and comes in saying it only has half the sugar, i dont care how much sugar it has, i dont want them in my house :mad:

Im not being unreasonable am i???

argh mother in laws!! does she know you started the lovely preop diet? if she does, does she support you? if so then WHAT IS SHE DOING! all the best Leanne, and good luck with your surgery..........maybe she is trying to be helpful, i dunno x

No, I don't think so. This is insensitive to say the least. Ask her to stop and if she doesn't, bin it!

I had a bit of a chuckle about your post as I read it it's so much of a stereo type of Mother-in-lawa situation but no, in reality you are being totally reasonable and it really is far from funny. Is it her way of saying she doesn't aprove? Or does she think he is going to have to go without now that you are going to be eating only healthy, sensible things?
Anyway, hopefully your husband will make it clear to her that she is really not being helpful (putting it very mildly).

All the best and I hope she gets the message soon.

Sounds as though mil has a slight issue to me. If she is supportive then hopefully when hubby talks to her she will realise and stop bringing cakes into your house. If she is not supportive then a firm hand is going to be needed, after all it's your house, your rules.

I think she is being totally unfair to you either way, though sounds as though hubby is on side to help stop her sabotaging your efforts!

She knows i am on the pre op diet and always says im doing good on it, she is supportive of the op. She was a little more supportive before she found out we were going private tho. :rolleyes:

I think she is trying to test me, silly moo!!!

Not sure if hubby spoke to her yet but i will be trowing any cake that she comes round with in the bin.

She probably think she is being supportive - I'm not sure to whom - whether she thinks the whole family is on a pre-op diet, or you won't want to get treats for the family or what!!

Its my mum who is the same - we only see them about once a year due to cost and distance - and tea is always cake and sandwiches - she knows I can't eat either - but its that or nowt. Thank God for Tescos Express!!

Its hard - but get hubby to have a word in her shell-like - be careful about binning too much - they have a way of winkling out of children what they want to know!!

And good luck with the diet and the op

xxx

OOOhhhh! Shes naughty! Keep strong tho and remind yourself you will have lots of challenges along the way to goal. This is one of them and from someone who should know better so its very annoying to say the least.
Just keep focussed and you will have the last laugh
Imagine a big slug crawling out of the cake and think of yourself at goal. That will get you through
Good luck on the pre op
Jo XX

Ask her nicely not to do it, if she continues, bin it in front of her. Your kids should not be eating that much that often. Once or twice a week is more than enough. What is the woman playing at?

Morning All,

I think my hubby may have said something as we have not had any since day before yesterday :D:D:D

I will not stop my boys having a treat but there will be alot less of them. So far all my boys are like daddy (who is 6'7" and slim) but i still dont want them in anyway to end up like me, and anything i can do to stop that i will.

Really dont know what she was playing at, think she may think i wasnt feeding my boys as im not eating much :confused: totally not the case!!!

Glad your husband has managed to defuse the situation.

It would have been more useful if she had brought over a nice shepherds pie for the boys rather than cake!!!

If it happens again, you could always stick them in the freezer and bring them out when appropriate.

I can sympathise I really can,... My MIL is also a curvy lady and every time I've been on a diet she has always turned up with a stinking great choccie cake ( my fav by the way) saying "oh I forot your dieting" yeah course u did ggrrrrrr

She sounds like a feeder - my MILs the same - and probably does think that because you're dieting/pre-op dieting that your hubby and children are going without.

My MIL experience - I'm diabetic and MIL knows this but she still puts out cakes and biscuits.... and there's always the prompt of: 'right Judith, what are you having next?' after the main meal's been eaten. The guilt trip: 'It'll only end up in the bin...'... and many many others.

Hopefully your OH has had a word and she's taking note - keeping the cakes at her house and having the grandchildren over would be an alternative solution.

Good l

She sounds like a feeder - my MILs the same - and probably does think that because you're dieting/pre-op dieting that your hubby and children are going without.

My MIL experience - I'm diabetic and MIL knows this but she still puts out cakes and biscuits.... and there's always the prompt of: 'right Judith, what are you having next?' after the main meal's been eaten. The guilt trip: 'It'll only end up in the bin...'... and many many others.

Hopefully your OH has had a word and she's taking note - keeping the cakes at her house and having the grandchildren over would be an alternative solution.

Good luck with your pre-op diet anyhoo!

sorry - fat fingers syndrome - I hit return before I was ready!!!

Back