• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oh wow, I am caught in a whirlwind...

route66

My journey is going a lot faster than I thought. I had my triple appointment just before xmas and am I started a milk diet on New Years Day to lose 10% of my weight by the 19th Jan!!!!! I had it in my head that was a stone but whilst working this morning it dawned on me it is actually 30lb!!!! If my timescales are about right I think my opp should be about June, can someone tell me how much weight they will expect m to lose by then please?

Hun you can lose as much weight as you want before the op.. you are doing really well keep it up xx The only thing they expect you to do is shrink your liver and that is exactly what you are doing.and more xx

how come you're on the milk diet now if you're not having your op till June?

is the milk diet your choice or the hospitals choice..

ive only seen people on the milk diet to shrink the liver before surgery...(no one in there right minds should put themselves through the milk diet by choice lol)

the hosp put me on it. I am day 7 and think I am feeling a little better than I have been. I just cant imagine any one losing 30lb in 19days. I have not weighed myself but we will see. I only got funding in Oct so things are moving fast. I am worried about what is expected in the 5months I will have to wait for an opp. xx

you could always try the Cambridge Plan - if you get to the point where you cant face anymore milk. It works under the 'ketosis' priniples much the same as the milk diet I would tink but at least you can have soup and bars, especially if you need to stay on it for more than a fortnight.
xx

how come you're on the milk diet now if you're not having your op till June?

Maybe the hospital have the same rules as mine did (Luton & Dunstable) - they make you do a month of milk diet before you are allowed to meet the surgeon, to prove you are commited, then you have to do it again 2 weeks before surgery. It all seems such a long time ago now, but I have not touched a glass of milk since the day of my op! :D

Maybe the hospital have the same rules as mine did (Luton & Dunstable) - they make you do a month of milk diet before you are allowed to meet the surgeon, to prove you are commited, then you have to do it again 2 weeks before surgery. It all seems such a long time ago now, but I have not touched a glass of milk since the day of my op! :D
well i wondered about that, as milk seems a great thing to have post op, bit you're already fed up with it lol x

Some hospitals do make their patients do the milk diet as a way to show their commitment to WLS. They then go on to a refeed diet up to their op date. It is still 12 days to the 19th & you will lose a good amount of weight in that time, so don't worry too much. They will see how you have tried. I lost a stone in 6 days as that was all the notice I had for my op. Good Luck, honey xxx :):)

well i wondered about that, as milk seems a great thing to have post op, bit you're already fed up with it lol x

I associate drinking milk with 'Fat Me' now!! :rolleyes:

I still have milk, but I have it in milky coffees and with cereal rather than trying to force down pint after pint of bland milk.

Drinking it took me right back to junior school in the 70's when the little bottles of warm congealed free milk was given out every day! I used to hate that, and I blame that experience for my hatred of the stuff as a cold drink! :sign0137: :9529:

I associate drinking milk with 'Fat Me' now!! :rolleyes:

I still have milk, but I have it in milky coffees and with cereal rather than trying to force down pint after pint of bland milk.

Drinking it took me right back to junior school in the 70's when the little bottles of warm congealed free milk was given out every day! I used to hate that, and I blame that experience for my hatred of the stuff as a cold drink! :sign0137: :9529:
Ahh yeah...I remember those days.. :D

i havent drank milk for maybe 7 years.....i dont like the thought of drinking another animals milk...

no other animals does it by choice?

bleurgh....ill be trying to avoid the milk diet if poss lol

Drink soya milk then? I've had to switch as the milk diet made me lactose intolerant! Or more lactose intolerant...

Are you with L&D, I only had to lose 5% with them

Thank you all... it is only 5percent Chris so I should be ok. I just wish I could find a squash that has no fructose, sorbitol and all the other things it cannot have!!! x

Back