• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ohtobeslinky's weight loss

Ah, ok, United might not go down very well then...... ;)

Well done in that 2lb loss OTBS but that's just crap about the job :( .. it's their loss though. As for the Man U job nothing ventured nothing gained ;)
& As for your OH and changing their lifestyle or diet I'm afraid that needs to come from them. In times of old I would get tremendously defensive and rankled if any one broached the subject. As a matter of fact I still do! So tread carefully hun. I'm lucky in that my oh changed his habits eventually but only six months after I did but it was totally his decision.

Happy days! 3lbs off this week - bringing me closer to 6 stone gone. I'm a very happy Katy :)

Had to rein myself in a bit yesterday. Went for a walk with the OH and was striding off with my newly found energy to discover she was trailing behind. I got a bit self-righteous and started saying things like "we need to get our heart rate up, get walking faster" and "what's the point of a walk if we just wander?" - I now see why she got so upset and p****ed off. She said she just wanted to amble and enjoy the walk and ended it with "just think of how long I've had to slow down for you". Ah. Yes. Just because I've changed doesn't mean she has, and she's had to deal with a significantly bigger wife for a long time. Bad ohtobeslinky!

But apart from that I've had a good week! Been saved at work - no longer going to be made redundant and have been given a new job role. Still in marketing but slightly different to what I was doing. I have a 28 day trial period to see if it's a good fit but phew - not out on my ear at least!

Hope you've all had a lovely week - with lots of weight losses!

x

Good news about the job! Even if it isn't the perfect fit, it will give you breathing space to find something that you are happier with, without the stress of being out of work!

Well done on realising how you must have come across to your OH yesterday. I recognise the problem, but the other way around, I am the one holding back my OH and feeling guilty about it. At least you have recognised it now.

I guess it will be difficult for a while as you get more energy and want to be exercising more, It must be difficult for your OH not to resent the changes. I know that someone telling me to lose weight, exercise and "get moving" tended/tends to have the opposite effect! It is going to take some adjustment for both of you as you are going through these changes.

Well done on the weightloss your still loosing nicely and phew that's good news about the job looking forward to meeting up x

Hey slinky. Brilliant loss this week - wow to be getting near to 6 stone lost is just amazing so chuffed for you.
And great news about the job at least if anything it gives you some breathing space and you never know you might enjoy the slightly different role.
All is good in the world of the slinky ;-) xx

Ok so 1lb off but that does make me 17stone 7lbs which is lighter than I can ever remember. It also means I'm only 2lbs until 6 stone gone!

Had a lovely weekend - especially meeting up with Sazzle1a and Monalisa - so nice to have a meal with people who eat as slowly as me! Great catch up - thanks guys. And if anyone else is in the NW and fancies a meet up we're up for it!

The OH got on the scales today and she is now 2 stone heavier than me. This was a bit of a shock - but she still went to Maccies for breakfast so I don't believe she's going to do anything about it yet. :(

I hope you all had a great week with great losses. :) x

Oh well done you, nearly 6 stone (snap) us a big achievement :) she'll get there in her own time X

Well done on the loss you look great was lovely to meet with you I really enjoyed it went far too quickly shall look forward to doing it again that six stone within easy reach now x

Sooo sad that I don't live near to you all would have been ace meeting up with you all

Hey slinky. Well done on your loss this week and that fantastic six stone lost is well in sight. You are looking fabulous. Had a great time with you and monalisa on Sunday looking forward to the next get together. Xxx

Urgh. I really wanted 2lbs off this week to make a 6stone loss but damn those novelty circular chocolates! Just 1lb off - but I'm happy enough - at least it's off!

A non-scales victory for me this week. My OH made me go into clothes shops I have never been in. I've been so over weight for so long I haven't ventured into "normal" shops. Ever.

So... she made me go into Gap and H&M. I tried their biggest sizes on - and they were too big! I am over the moon! This means I don't have to shop in Evans, or the Inspire section of New Look - this means I can now wear normal clothes.

But... what do I like?! What do I wear??!! It's been jeans and big baggy t-shirts for so long I have no idea. I don't know what I like. I don't know what will suit me. I'm terrified of going shopping and just walking around a shop looking totally lost. I need a personal shopper - stat! :D

Hope you're all well and have had a lovely long weekend.

xx

Hi slinky
If you pop into a John Lewis and ask for a personal shopper , they don't charge , and they will advise you . If not just try anything on and go with whatever you like !

Well done you just think back bet you can't remember the last time you lost over Easter you'll get your six stone this week I'm sure I only managed a pound last week but I'm showing 2 up to now so I'm hoping for my 2 stone on Friday. I remember the shopping victory well from my band days and you will find a new style just try and buy lol xxx

Monsoon and East I love the style they go upto 22s not that you need those now however the sales are good in both.

Slinky - well done on your loss and over Easter! If your anything like me I'd usually be a good 4lb gain munching through the choccie! So that's a brilliant result :)
Shopping wise I know debenhams also do the personal shopping thing and they have loads of different shops within the store for the shopper to choose from. I have a friend who's done it a few times and really rates it. The whole of the Trafford centre is now your oyster whoop whoop!! Xxx

Well done SLinky!

Back