• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ohtobeslinky's weight loss

Pah. A maintain. That 6 stone loss is just 1lb away. But it's probably down to TOTM just around the corner so I'm not too miffed.

It's been a busy week! As I have mentioned before, I've joined a musical theatre company and my first show is coming up. I've even stepped up to sing a solo! Terrifying! But if anyone is in the Cheshire area and fancies a night of West End music here are the details:

West End Wonders
Saturday 23 April - 7:30pm
Sunday 24 April - 2:30pm
Mottram St Andrew Village Hall, Wilmslow Old Road, Mottram St Andrew, SK10 4QP
More details and tickets (£10) - Welcome To Alderley & Wilmslow Musical Theatre Company

It's mainly a fund raiser for our Christmas show - we're doing White Christmas :)

Oh and I had a job interview on Friday - no idea how it went - will let you know!

Hope you had a wonderful week - speak soon x

Hi i don't post much but I have been reading all of your diaries avidly and can see the support and love you give each other which is wonderful It has been inspiring to see how you have all grown in confidence throughout your journeys be it from going out for a walk or for a new job or singing solo or the confidence to go shopping in what is classed as a 'normal' shop. Ignorant people think wls is an easy option and I personally have had to 'politely' speak to a couple of very close friends regarding their attitude to my surgery as I have not hidden it from anyone as it is not an easy option anyone undertakes regardless of what some people may think. It is a lifetime change and we go through a lot both mentally and physically to get where we are and to read how you are all embracing your 'new' lives is wonderful. Sorry for the long post but feel like you all need a big pat on the back and a cuddle for the fantastic way you have all dealt with a massive lifestyle change both mentally and physically

Cheers westiegirl - sorry to hear you've had some negative comments about your surgery - it's just ignorance - this isn't the "easy" option by any means. Glad to hear our diaries are an inspiration hunny :) x

Aww slinky I'd have Defo come to one of your shows but my mum is over from Italy then and she's having a birthday party on the 23rd and we will be going out for lunch on the Sunday. Really sorry - would have loved to have seen you perform.
Good luck with the job interview on Friday keeping everything crossed for you.
Xxx

Aww slinky I'd have Defo come to one of your shows but my mum is over from Italy then and she's having a birthday party on the 23rd and we will be going out for lunch on the Sunday. Really sorry - would have loved to have seen you perform.
Good luck with the job interview on Friday keeping everything crossed for you.
Xxx

Was just going to ask if you were going well defo have to arrange to go to one in the future. Well done slinky Xx

Last edited:
Aw cheers guys - just knowing I've got your support is good enough for me! :) x

How are you doing?

Hey all - that's 3lbs off this week! Huzzah! So that's 6stone 2lbs off in just under 6 months. I'm over the moon!

Work update - I am redundant again! The job they put me in to didn't fit, the manager was an idiot, and the atmosphere in the office was toxic. So I have three months notice - they've asked me to work 4 hours a day at home for 6 weeks, full pay. Then they'll pay me for 6 weeks in a lump sum to get rid of me!

Ah well - onwards and upwards. If anyone needs an experienced communications executive let me know :)

Getting ready for my stint on stage after 10+ long years of no spotlight. Scared witless of getting up there by myself and putting it all on show, but it'll prove to me how far I've come. Life is looking very different now - and it seems to be shining :)

Hope you've all had a lovely week with great losses all round xx

Fantastic weight loss :) sorry about job but you've got time and space to find a new one and break a leg for the show :) x

Big well done on hitting and exceeding the six stone. Sorry to hear about the job hope you find something else soon and I know you'll be fab in the show Xxx

Wowzers slinky - that is beyond fantastic! What an achievement and smashed the six stone bracket with a whopping 3lb this week. You're a star :)
Gutted I can't come watch you perform I'll be there for the crimbo one though!
Xxx

Well done on the weight loss Slinky! You must be chuffed!

Sorry to hear about the job, but working in a toxic environment is not fun at all! Fingers crossed for new exciting challenges! The show sounds fun too, wish I was nearer to pop over - hope it goes well, or should I say break a leg???

Hey all - a maintain this week. It seems to be a bit of a pattern for me - good loss, maintain, loss, maintain, loss, maintain. At least it's not a gain!

Non-scales stuff - Sazzle and I went shopping at the Trafford Centre last week and we made each other go into shops we wouldn't have even looked at, and tried things on that were well outside our comfort zone! I got a top from Next in a size 16! And Sazzle got a top from M&S in a 14!! Whooooo!

Hope you're having a lovely week - and seeing good losses all round. xxx

That sounds like a big NSV to me!!!! Well done!!!

Well done slinky still going good trafford sounds like fun and defo a NSV getting new smaller clothes Xx

Last edited:
Had a great shopping trip with you slinky - shopping will take a lot longer now with all the shops we can go in now woo hoo!! You'll look fab in your top on your hols :) xx

Back