• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ohtobeslinky's weight loss

Hannah2

Hey Slinky, how are you doing? Hope you are ok. Fingers crossed for good news on the job front too.

Sunshine99

@Ohtobeslinky , Well done on your amazing weightloss! :0clapper:. My first goal in my head is to be under the 17st mark. There's loads of success stories like yours on here, And it's definatly ecouraging me to go through with the surgery this time.
Peoples posts, like yours, give me hope! :rainbow:

Tracey

I was so happy to get to the 17s starting out over 21st
Now I'm 2lbs away from the 16s so going for it this week not been 16 anything for 25yrs xxxx

Sunshine99

I was so happy to get to the 17s starting out over 21st
Now I'm 2lbs away from the 16s so going for it this week not been 16 anything for 25yrs xxxx
You've done amazing. I can't ever recal been under 17st (i know i must have been as a child), And...i do faintly remember a few years back me doing well at a slimming club, once getting to 16st-13lbs, but think that only lasted 2 weeks...before gaining weighed again...right back up to 22st! Bet your feeling so great right now. You'll get that 2lbs of....was going to say 'easy'....but think we all know, even with surgery, losing weight is far from easy!
The transformation in you profile picture is amazing.
Ive always felt my natural set weight is between 17st & 18st, but im sure my doctor and other health profosseions would strongly dissagree with me there, lol.
But i have read a few health articals over the years, suggesting when people go from 'overweight' to 'obese', they will find it almost impossible to get back to a 'normal healthy' range, And to maintain it, without the help of surgery. The fat cells never go back to a normal size, once a person hits obesity. Thats what leaves us struggling to lose the weight, more that someone who's 'overweight' say.
I used to feel ashamed, that it had come to this....that ..having the surgery would mean id failed at something most people seem to manage, without needing surgery. Overeating! But i accept now, after reading many many health articals, And watching various documentaries on 'obesity' (the subject of addictions, really interests me) , that it is a 'medical condition' in some people, that requires treatment, And if that has to be surgery...then so be it.
Its so nice and uplifting reading positive story's like yours, But also reading peoples honest accounts, of when thing arn't going so well, It gives me an indication of what im letting myself in for!
Looking farward to getting my date through at mo. :rainbow:

Tracey

Everything you say is so true ...
It's not like we've just eaten and eaten then thought sod this I'll have surgery !!!
We have battle with our weight and for me (nhs) it's taken a couple of years and some illness to get to the surgery .. plus as you have read and will experience it's not easy !!!
Who on earth in there right mind would drink milk only .. for 2 weeks if they weren't serious about this journey ...
I've just got excited because I had a meal tonight (weather has done something to my appetite ) I love it when I can't finish my tea plate of food .. before I'd just stuff and stuff .. different mindset but loving it ... I have been lucky tho only been sick once but the other end has happened quite a bit .... the worst thing is the wind after the op you have to get up and move about asap to shift it .... xx have a lovely evening xxx

Sunshine99

Everything you say is so true ...
It's not like we've just eaten and eaten then thought sod this I'll have surgery !!!
We have battle with our weight and for me (nhs) it's taken a couple of years and some illness to get to the surgery .. plus as you have read and will experience it's not easy !!!
Who on earth in there right mind would drink milk only .. for 2 weeks if they weren't serious about this journey ...
I've just got excited because I had a meal tonight (weather has done something to my appetite ) I love it when I can't finish my tea plate of food .. before I'd just stuff and stuff .. different mindset but loving it ... I have been lucky tho only been sick once but the other end has happened quite a bit .... the worst thing is the wind after the op you have to get up and move about asap to shift it .... xx have a lovely evening xxx
Hi Tracey, my doctor has been incredibly supportive, mainly because i have a sneaky suspicion she has had surgery herself too! Well she must have been about 17st when she first became my gp. She had quite a few months of work at one point, only to return.... looking around a size 12! Ive never asked her...and never would...its her business. Either way...she looks amazing now.
I have come across some rude and not very empathetic people who work in the medical proffesion, who should know better though. I had one dietitian, tell me she knows how i feel, her family are all quite big, And that she herself had had a weight issue, but she lost it through healthy eating and excercise. So been curious, i asked her how much she had lost. To my utter annoyannce ...she said a stone & a half! ( not that im not pleased, for anyone to have lost any amount of weight)...but she looked around 6ft 2in, and about 10st. So how on earth could she possibly understand my struggles on losing weight!
I think there is quite a few...good docters out there....but they struggle to put there prejudices towards the obese aside, no matter how well trained up they are!
As for the flatulance, I suffer from quite bad with that anyhow! Lol. I get IBS symptoms a lot....constipation mainly.
As i backed out of surgery in the past, its mainly me who's been dragging my feet, not the NHS. Twice i backed out...( both near date too) thinking both times...right im having 'one last' attempt to lose this on my own. Yes both times, after turning surgery down...i initially lost weight...1 or 2 stone max, but...you can kinda guess what happens next....yep ..i re-gained my weight and more! Even though that was around 20 months ago now, Im still on their original books, And according to what the consultant told me 2 weeks ago...their oblidged to give patients 3 chances, before discharging them completely! So this is my last chance.....i feel so lucky...im not going to blow it this time.
I could never imagine me eating a small tea plate of food, then feeling full. I can't wait! Got all my tiny plasic freezer tubs ready! Nearly threw them out a few times...glad i never. Hopefully in time...il be throwing all my size 24/26 clothes out. Not holding on to them, like i have done in the past, just incase i needed them again! Shopping for clothes will be a whole new experience for me. As ive never been able to where anything other than plus size for most of my teenage years and beyond.
Sounds like you've fighted like hell to get where you are today, with illnesses, and the NHS. So glad that you have been successful. Hope you have a good day tomorrow. :).

mrsb1

I still can't get my head round the clothes shopping...
My husband said look next has a sale... I said I don't shop in next lol
He said you can now so went in and got two tops .. .so weird ....
Xx
It's a great feeling, well done on your hard work. It's not easy but it's worth it