• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

7 days to go and bricking it!! CALM ME DOWN!!

pollybree

Well I have survived 7 days of the liver diet, all is good and lost half a stone!! I am getting more scared as the days go by about my surgery, I spoke to one of the nurses at pre op who had a bypass about it , her reply was 'well at least you wont know about it if you do die cos you will be asleep!!!!' So I feel totally reassured - NOT! Please
all your sleevers tell me your stories of how your op went?? I have read a couple of horror stories on here that have made me think twice. :sigh:

I had a band to sleeve revision 6 weeks ago and honestly, it's been a breeze! maybe as I am used to taking small butes, eating slowly from nearly two years with a band but the 3 weeks liquids, 2 weeks mush was ok and I'm back on solids! I have occaissional small vomits, if eat more than 60gms in a sitting (my surgeon says 7 x 100g a day), but it really has been fine. The op was a breeze (I woke up on the ward and only had to request painkillers once). I had no wind pain, sutures lines were a little sore and the thirst isn't nice (boots dry mouth spray really helps this though), but no painkillers after 3 days and I flew home 4 days post op.

Well I'm a bander not a sleever, but I only had my op last week. I was nervous about the GA as well, but you just have to put your faith in the team.

They are very experienced at bariatric surgery, and you will be in the best hands.

Just be brave, take a deep breath, and it's over before you know it, and you're waking up in recovery.

You will be just fine, the staff will all reassure you when you get there - think how many times they have done this!

When I climbed up on the table and they started wiring me up to everything it was so daunting, but the anaesthetist and team were very friendly and reassuring, and it was not actually an unpleasant experience at all.

6 days on, I'm fighting fit and ready for the journey towards the new me.

Good luck!

I am not going to say "you will be fine" because as someone who has a severe fear of anaesthetic and struggled ahead of my surgery, I know being told "it will be fine" doesn't help or allay those fears.

I do think the comment by the person on the team is highly inappropriate and she should most definitely not have said that at all!

My fear, stopped me getting my surgery for over 7 years! And even now, coming out the other side, I still have those same fears. It is natural because being put out like that doesn't seem a natural thing for our minds. All I can say is do the best you can with how you're feeling - there isn't anything I don't think that can take those fears away, but I hope that you get through them :)

Well I did say you will be fine, because I believe you will be. I can't stop you feeling nervous, it's natural, but you've asked for reassurance and I've tried to give you some.

Back