• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG ! Got call today, Op is Saturday !

After 18 months of waiting, confusion, missing papers and appointment confusions...I rang the Bariatric Co-Ordinator today (for Guys and St. Thomas' Hospital) and was told that it has been agreed I will have the Gastric Sleeve after I was told by a doctor at my triple appointment that I had to have the Band (which I don't feel will work with my eating patterns)...I contacted Mr. Bothas secretary, explained my fears and concerns and she said she would make a note on my file...true to her word , she did.!:)

It's likely I may have my Op within the next few weeks, too !!!
Will try not to get too excited as things have a habit of going wrong but, am thrilled all the same.
This time next year I will be a lot slimmer and have my life back.

Glad you are getting the op you want, hope you dont have to wait too much longer x

Thats great, hope u get ur date thru soon xx

Fantastc news !!! another sleevie to join the bench xxxx

It was the news I was hoping for as was just at the end of my tether with feeling so hopeless about my weight.....am struggling with walking and getting breathless on any exercise....so embarrased to have got to this size.
Am pleased to see I have lost a few pounds ...was a staggering 21.3....am 20.10 this morning, so am determined to stick to 1200 cals a day .

Now I know help is very near..its seems easier.:)

Delicious-Jax said:
It was the news I was hoping for as was just at the end of my tether with feeling so hopeless about my weight.....am struggling with walking and getting breathless on any exercise....so embarrased to have got to this size.
Am pleased to see I have lost a few pounds ...was a staggering 21.3....am 20.10 this morning, so am determined to stick to 1200 cals a day .

Now I know help is very near..its seems easier.:)

Well done on weight loss and getting the op you wanted. Glad you didn't back down :D

yay :) so pleased for you Jax :) xxx

thats great news my love. hopefully having my op on 03d may so we may be sittin on the sleevies losers bench together soon xx

That's fantastic! Not long now x

Fab news congrats :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Fab news, Jax -- go sleevies go !!!

Caren: what's your latest update?
fingers crossed i'll have the money in about 2/3 weeks, then i can book :) Thanks for asking Ruthie :) xxx

Back