• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Saw the surgeon at Charing Cross today

I had my appointment with Mr Ahmed Ahmed today. First I was weighed (lost another kilo :scale:), then had my bp taken - which was normal (shock horror! Does this mean that the five different kinds of medication that I'm on are finally working?? :happy036:)

After that I went in to see the charming Mr Ahmed and we had a chat about what I thought would be my best option and we finally agreed that I will definitely be having the sleeve. Funding is already sorted, so I signed the consent papers there and then and just have to wait for a date!

Also saw the dietitian and got the info about pre and post op diets.

One step closer!!:bliss:

thats fantastic news fingers crossed you get a date soon.
what did the chat with dr Ahmed involve thats the bit i would be really nervous about an d when the nerves get the better of me nothing comes out keep in touch
kerryx

thats fantastic news fingers crossed you get a date soon.
what did the chat with dr Ahmed involve thats the bit i would be really nervous about an d when the nerves get the better of me nothing comes out keep in touch
kerryx
He went through my notes with me and then asked me what I thought about surgery and which procedure I would prefer. I said that I was torn between the band and the sleeve and he explained the pros and cons of both. I had pretty much decided on the sleeve anyway. I asked him a few questions and he answered everything quite simply. Actually he was lovely to talk to.

If you have any questions, write them down before you go in. He will go through them all with you and put your mind at ease. I also didn't feel any pressure towards any particular procedure.

Can't wait now! xx

Glad today went well for you I guess we are now waiting for the big date now, hope you don't have too long to wait.
Bunny x

It's exciting when you see the surgeon. Wont be long now. I was also at Charing Cross today. I had my post op and had my staples removed. I was there from about 1pm till 2.45 ish and was in the support group. Maybe we saw each other there??????????

It's exciting when you see the surgeon. Wont be long now. I was also at Charing Cross today. I had my post op and had my staples removed. I was there from about 1pm till 2.45 ish and was in the support group. Maybe we saw each other there??????????
I was a bit later than that and didn't go to the support group. Is that the group meeting on the same floor as the bariatric clinic? I went to it last week with my husband xx

emergingbutterfly - how long after your appointment with the surgeon did you get your date through? xx

emergingbutterfly - how long after your appointment with the surgeon did you get your date through? xx

I saw the surgeon on the 9th October and I rang Debbie (on Karen's number) a couple of weeks later and they offered me an appointment for the 6th Dec. I couldnt take it as I was flying to Ireland for Christmas and she said I couldnt fly so soon (turns out she was wrong but that is another story). I was then provisionally booked in for the 6th Jan but with Dr Ahmed but it was Dr Olbers I wanted and his diary for 2010 wasnt available at the time. At the beginning of Dec Debbie phoned me to say that I could have the op on the 19th Jan with Olbers, the surgeon of my choice.

So to cut a very long story short, I actually got my first date a couple of weeks after seeing the surgeon but I had to ring for it and was given the date on the phone. If you have seen everyone, (dr, dietitican etc) ring in about two weeks and see if you are on the list and ask for a date.

Good luck. In my experience you are in excellent hands with Charing Cross.

I was a bit later than that and didn't go to the support group. Is that the group meeting on the same floor as the bariatric clinic? I went to it last week with my husband xx

Yes it is the group on the same floor, the one you would have attended on your first day at Charing Cross.

Yes it is the group on the same floor, the one you would have attended on your first day at Charing Cross.
Thanks for that - I will call them in a couple of weeks!

Shame I didn't go to the meeting this week instead of last week (been a couple of times now, but wanted my husband to come to one). Maybe we'll bump into one another there one day xx

Thanks for that - I will call them in a couple of weeks!

Shame I didn't go to the meeting this week instead of last week (been a couple of times now, but wanted my husband to come to one). Maybe we'll bump into one another there one day xx

Im sure we will. I will let you know the next time I intend to go to the support group. Keep me posted on your phone calls and dates.

I'm glad you had a good meeting today T&T. He is a very nice chap and to the point. I hope you get your date soon, you'll be sliced and diced before you know it.

John

glad you have had your appointment I hope you get a date soon. Its making me really down how long Im having to wait though when you guys have rushed ahead of me :-( I dont see the sleep consultant until march!
Oh hun, don't be down! Remember, I started off a different route altogether - I was referred to the hospital for my apnoea and it was the consultan there that referred me to bariatrics. You will get there. :grouphugg: xx

Excellent news. Sounds like you are well on your way xx

glad you have had your appointment I hope you get a date soon. Its making me really down how long Im having to wait though when you guys have rushed ahead of me :-( I dont see the sleep consultant until march!

Ah dont be down. you will get there and be losing before you know it. It might be worth ringing charing cross every now and then to see if they have any cancellations.

Back