• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG ! Got call today, Op is Saturday !

Caren said:
fingers crossed i'll have the money in about 2/3 weeks, then i can book :) Thanks for asking Ruthie :) xxx

Woohoo!!! I will pray hard that it works out :D

Great news, your gonna love your sleeve. I too was going to have a band but opted for the sleeve instead of the bypass as i wanted to lose slowly, and at 2lbs a week now im toning up along side it.
Its becoming very popular now and for good reason, the results are amazing. :happy036:
Really pleased for you

Kim

Got a phone call from Matthew , the Bariatric co-ordinator, today to say that I will be having my Op at The Princess Grace (in London) and that the hospital will contact me next week to organize a date ! So excited !
Am assuming a date will be offered for the next few weeks as this is a Private Healthcare hospital and am guessing waiting times are a lot shorter?
Was told it will be in April by Guys Hospital Bariatric co-ordinator, seems it may be true...can't believe its all happening . So grateful for our NHS.

Woke up with a knot in my stomach this morning after dreaming that the surgeon was trying to squeeze my intestines out of my veins !!!! Getting anxious and scared now.....such a roller-coaster of emotions the past few months !

Delicious-Jax said:
Woke up with a knot in my stomach this morning after dreaming that the surgeon was trying to squeeze my intestines out of my veins !!!! Getting anxious and scared now.....such a roller-coaster of emotions the past few months !

It is the biggest rollercoaster ever.... But soon we will be on the exciting part of the ride :)

WOW !!!!!!!!!

Got a call from The Princess Grace Hospital today to ask if I could go in this Saturday for my Gastric Sleeve Op !!!!!!!

Apparently all my tests at St.Thomas' and Guys Hospital are fine , so no need for further tests.

I was so shocked, was in Icelands at the time ...I had to sit down and take it all in.
Am going to hospital tomorrow for pre checks and info.

I can't believe it, after all the ups and downs of the past few months....the time is here.

Am very frightened today and stomach in turmoil....am having my last 2 tins of coke and bar of chocolate...naughty but just had to do it !

I am having my Op done by Mr.Patel, not Mr. Botha.....I asked should I go on a Milk Diet and was told ''No''...apparently Mr.Patel doesn't like his patients to do this diet?

Anyway, make room on the losers bench for me !!!

Wooo-hooooo ! :)

Congratulations Jax!! that really is brilliant news!! Enjoy that last can of coke and chocolate, I would do exactly the same I think xxxx

Trying to think what it is I need to do?
Have looked through my freezer and am going to give most of contents to my sister...though she has no need of WeightWatchers meals as she is a very healthy 8st !
I didn't get the skinny genes !

I live on my own, so am trying to think what I need to do to make myself comfortable next week...luckily I have family who live in the same street:)

Woo hoo, Jax! It has all happened so fast for you after months of being messed around !!

How did your employer take the news of your imminent departure on sick leave so suddenly ...?

Congrats hun good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Woo hoo, Jax! It has all happened so fast for you after months of being messed around !!

How did your employer take the news of your imminent departure on sick leave so suddenly ...?

My manager has been very supportive and was as shocked as I was !
Took annual leave today to go to hospital to have a pre-check ....have a bit of 'running' around to do, too.
Haven't a clue what it is I need....haven't been able to eat since yesterday due to tummy in knots !!!
Have taken a couple of Kalms but, not convinced they are helping.

Will need to book appt with doctor as I need pain killers for Arthritis and will need it in liquid form...I will need Omreprozole (sp?) in liquid form as well, I think? People say that you get awful acid reflux after and I already have that !

Ooooh so nervous and head spinning with things to do !

wooo hooo Jax , excited for you xx

Well, what a day!

Went to see the Bariatric Nurse at The Princess Grace hospital, had an in depth chat about my health, which is pretty good for a big gal !
I mentioned that I have a small Hiatus Hernia and the brakes went on....I literally heard a screech of all proceedings...she said she would have to have a chat with Mr.Patel about it and could I come back in an hour or two, of course, I said Yes...went round a few shops but, was so tense and full of angst as was sure they were going to say No to my Op.

Anyway,came back and waited to be called back into the offie and after a chat with the lovely Mr.Patel, (what a lovely man he is) we agreed there may be an increase of reflux problems and, I think, he said he will repair the Hiatus Hernia.

I will be in hospital for 3 nights and likely to have a thin naso-gastric tube in, which is to stay for a couple of weeks, then have it taken out when I go back for a check up 2 weeks after.

He will do an Endoscopy when I am fully anaesthetised...phew, thank goodness for that !

So, all systems go...I have my information pack to read through but, will do it tomorrow evening as I am shattered right now and just want to go to bed....didn't get in till 7pm.

Not so nervous now that I have met Mr.Patel and Beth, the lovely Bariatric Nurse/Practioner.
Might not feel the same Saturday !!!!

Thats brilliant everything sorted then, it just allcomes together eventually, pleased for ya xx

Delicious-Jax said:
Well, what a day!

Went to see the Bariatric Nurse at The Princess Grace hospital, had an in depth chat about my health, which is pretty good for a big gal !
I mentioned that I have a small Hiatus Hernia and the brakes went on....I literally heard a screech of all proceedings...she said she would have to have a chat with Mr.Patel about it and could I come back in an hour or two, of course, I said Yes...went round a few shops but, was so tense and full of angst as was sure they were going to say No to my Op.

Anyway,came back and waited to be called back into the offie and after a chat with the lovely Mr.Patel, (what a lovely man he is) we agreed there may be an increase of reflux problems and, I think, he said he will repair the Hiatus Hernia.

I will be in hospital for 3 nights and likely to have a thin naso-gastric tube in, which is to stay for a couple of weeks, then have it taken out when I go back for a check up 2 weeks after.

He will do an Endoscopy when I am fully anaesthetised...phew, thank goodness for that !

So, all systems go...I have my information pack to read through but, will do it tomorrow evening as I am shattered right now and just want to go to bed....didn't get in till 7pm.

Not so nervous now that I have met Mr.Patel and Beth, the lovely Bariatric Nurse/Practioner.
Might not feel the same Saturday !!!!

Hey congrats
I have mr Patel this sat also. Are you having band or something else x

Hey congrats
I have mr Patel this sat also. Are you having band or something else x

Am having Gastric Sleeve....feeling incredibly anxious at the moment....can't eat much at all at the moment, hardly ate a thing since Monday when I was told....have lost 4lbs since then, too!!

Are you going into The Princess Grace,too?

Back