• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG I am really Doing It!!

Hazeybabes

Hi Everyone - I have just joined this site as I have been looking around on the internet to find out about peoples experiences good or bad on the gastric band. I have spent the last year being messed about by the NHS only to be told when finally getting to the hospital that the criteria has changed and I am no longer eligible for the op on the NHS so with no other choice I have raided my piggy bank and booked my consultation. I have that on Wednesday 15th and my Op is all ready booked in for the 26th July - I only phoned them on Saturday so not bad going if you ask me... I have thought about this long and hard so want it over with ASAP.

I am I have to say understandably nervous about the procedure but I guess I am more unsure about how I am going to feel when people are eating a BBQ's or Xmas how am I going to feel - Am I going to feel like I am being punished. I was such a miserable cow when I was doing lighterlife and I don't want to turn in to some skinny miserable cow lol

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Take care Hazel x

hi and welcome to Mini's. Congrats on your date and that poor piggy :cry: may he RIP lol

This is a wonderful place with fantastic people who can offer advice and support so you ahve taken the right step in joining :)
Ask away if you have any questions and nothing on here is a stupid question, believe me I ask them all the time lol

GL for the 26th the start of a new part of your life.

Welcome! Such a fabulous quick turnaround with your surgery. I am really sorry the NHS screwed you around so badly.

Hi Hazel,

Welcome to MiniMins and I hope you make yourself at home.

Good luck with your operation. It is only natural that you feel somewhat apprehensive.

I am I have to say understandably nervous about the procedure but I guess I am more unsure about how I am going to feel when people are eating a BBQ's or Xmas how am I going to feel - Am I going to feel like I am being punished. I was such a miserable cow when I was doing lighterlife and I don't want to turn in to some skinny miserable cow lol

You have to think about the overall benefits to your health and life style.

Gastric Band is a tool to aid you in losing weight, you still have to work at it and be disciplined.

Hopefully you get the desired outcome which is that you will feel satisfied with less.

Love Mini xxx

Good luck with your surgery I wish I was in your postion Im only just starting out on my long long nhs journey:) but it will be worth the wait as like you im a miserable cow lol

Thanks for all the nice messages - I know this is going to be the start of the rest of my life - I am fully commited to this and am looking forward to the benefits a slimmer healthier me will bring. My main goal is to get to a healthy BMI to enable me to start IVF and start my family. Clocks ticking and getting louder by the year.

I would like to ask about the pre op diet - the lady on the phone who booked the consultation said the doctor would most likely put me on the milk and yoghurt diet! What does this actually mean?? What will i be eating and for how long???

H x

welcome and gl with your op. i'm pre op so cant help really but the one thing i've noticed from the post oppers here is really how much their lives have changed for the better.
perhaps you will miss the odd thing but the positives are sure to ourweigh the negatives. me personally i cant wait to not want to stuff my face, i am really starting to hate food now.

hi hazel, im a nhs bander but i wanted to wish you luck on your journey xxx

Good luck on your weightloss journey - only about 2 weeks til op. V exciting. You will get lots of support here.

In what way was the criteria changed? Where are you having the op?

x

Hi there Hazel and:welcome2: to minis. I'm a NHS bander but will help all I can. May I ask where you're having your op. I had mine in Sheffield and the milk and yoghurt diet there is 3 pints of semi skimmed milk and 2 yoghurts per day. Some hospitals differ from this and their milk and yoghurt diet consists of different quantities. Good luck with the pre op diet and good luck with your op.

I am having my Op at Dolan Park and my surgeon is Dr Abeezar Sarela
What is the clinic like down there? and has anybody else had this doctor for their OP. Everytime i think about going and its only 13 days away i get butterflies and feel queesey.

I really cant believe i am doing this - I know I have to do it as Ive tried everything else.

Back