• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG IM in agony.advise please

Val

Committed Weight Loser
Cant type to much..
I have eaten a piece of meat and its well and truly stuck
The pain is excruciating and I keep wanting to be sick but only saliva and foam stiff comes up

Please any advise ...:cry:

ive not had the op yet but I have read on here that when food has got stuck some people have had a sip of fizzy water and somehow (don't ask me why) it causes the stuck food to come back up hope that works for you.

Oh dear Minn sorry to hear that. I have no advice but didn't want to read and run. Hope someone comes along soon to help you x

Thank you...anyone..please the pain is truly unbearable

Fizzy drink and it will come up.. Walk round and round and gravity should help but a have had a swig of coke and mine came up then stuck to fluids for 24 hours let us know how u are

I hope it's shifted Minn - had that happen on Monday and I know the pain. Liquids the day after helped everything settle x

that's what I read as well ,fizz, walk, burp! fingers x this will do the trick, wishing you well

could do "head shoulders knees and toes, knees and toes" !

OMG..that has had to be the worse 2 and a half hours of my life

For anyone out there thinking you can eat a lump of meat let me tell you how it feels..

First you get a really tight pain in your chest

Then you get what I can liken to gas pain in your shoulder

Then your mouth waters uncontrollably

The you have actual contractions in your chest I thought I was going to die:cry:

Then you cannot talk to anyone the pain consumes you

Then you try to drink something as you all say to bring up the stuckage

Big mistake you then projectile all the water you sipped and it begins again

Then when you think its all over you are left with an almighty pain at the base of your breast bone

Well let me tell you I aint eating red meat again!!!!:eek:

I shall be on liquids tomorrow after the trauma :/

Thank you for all your help xxxx

That sounds horrendous. I shall make sure I avoid meat at all costs! Hope you feel better soon love. X

the one thing I have found when I was over restricted and needed to get something to shift was opening a bottle of Pepsi max, a big gulp and prepare for the fizz as it will come back up with force but it's the only thing I found to shift it.

But it's not nice and it hurts when something's stuck.

Red meat is notoriously difficult to eat and is one thing many banders struggle with :(

the one thing I have found when I was over restricted and needed to get something to shift was opening a bottle of Pepsi max, a big gulp and prepare for the fizz as it will come back up with force but it's the only thing I found to shift it.

But it's not nice and it hurts when something's stuck.

Red meat is notoriously difficult to eat and is one thing many banders struggle with :(

So you take a gulp of Pepsi and I take it the fizz makes you sick is that right?

also its settled a little bit but I am still in a lot of discomfort and the pain is still in the breast bone area..is this normal will it pass :/

glad to see you have overcome! im dreading that bit I hope it never happens to me

The worst is over but I'm still extremely uncomfortable..so much so that Im so tired but cannot go to bed yet..the pain is still there :(

Oh hun, this sounds awful, I'm so sorry to hear you're in pain :(

Did it go down eventually or come up?

The contractions you felt was, I believe, your oesophagus frantically trying to clear the blockage.

I hope the soreness gets better soon, and liquids help everything settle down.

You poor thing *hugs*

I've not tried any red meat yet, except minced in chilli/lasagne/spag bol - I will have to be very careful if I do!

I was sore Monday night, and my episode was nowhere near as bad as yours sounds. The following morning I had a sensation like a sore throat but in my chest, and that cleared by this morning.
Hope you get some sleep and feel much better tomorrow x

Your swollen, take some ibuprofen u should be fine by morning. Fluids will be a good thing for a day thou, happened to me, first time nuts second lamb... U can actually feel your gullet contracting in a desperate attempt to pass the food... I have never been able to get the food to come up, only down by jumping from the third step on my stairs repeatedly !!

Your swollen, take some ibuprofen u should be fine by morning. Fluids will be a good thing for a day thou, happened to me, first time nuts second lamb... U can actually feel your gullet contracting in a desperate attempt to pass the food... I have never been able to get the food to come up, only down by jumping from the third step on my stairs repeatedly !!

Im really sorry but Im laughing at the moment I have this vision of you jumping off the stairs..its a very funny scenario:D
My daughter does what she calls Windmill arms and stands swirling around and around it works for her :)
My other daughter paces up and down for ever

Like you I too could not get it up but was sick a lot of white foam..but the meat stayed stuck..I still feel its there:confused:
I do hope that is not a possibility..Im still very uncomfortable and sleep was difficult last nigh...

So you take a gulp of Pepsi and I take it the fizz makes you sick is that right?

also its settled a little bit but I am still in a lot of discomfort and the pain is still in the breast bone area..is this normal will it pass :/

Yes thats right Val, I found that pepsi max, new from a bottle fizzes in a way that other fizzy drinks don't do (even normal or diet pepsi don't) LOL as such when the fizz goes around the food, the fizz and the "force" will often bring the food straight back up, but it can come up quite forcefully too and on its own without the food.

I now always keep a bottle unopened in the cupboard, because having had that over restriction and having the need for that pepsi max by god, I ain't going to be without lol

Take it easy over the next day or so, don't hesitate to switch back to liquids to allow it to settle down and liquid ibuprofen if you're able to take it is always handy to have at hand.

hope you're feeling better today!

Back