• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG IM in agony.advise please

Yes thats right Val, I found that pepsi max, new from a bottle fizzes in a way that other fizzy drinks don't do (even normal or diet pepsi don't) LOL as such when the fizz goes around the food, the fizz and the "force" will often bring the food straight back up, but it can come up quite forcefully too and on its own without the food.

I now always keep a bottle unopened in the cupboard, because having had that over restriction and having the need for that pepsi max by god, I ain't going to be without lol

Take it easy over the next day or so, don't hesitate to switch back to liquids to allow it to settle down and liquid ibuprofen if you're able to take it is always handy to have at hand.

hope you're feeling better today!

Hi TK
I can honestly say I truly thought it was a heart attack, the pain was debilitating so much that I could not even talk

I am still very uncomfortable this morning and it even hurt to sip tea...I have decided to phone provider and they are calling back at 11.30 so will see what they say:confused:

Surely its not possible for the meat to be totally stuck in the band port is it, because that is what it feels like. no matter how hard I tried the meat would not come up :/

Oh hun, this sounds awful, I'm so sorry to hear you're in pain :(

Did it go down eventually or come up?

The contractions you felt was, I believe, your oesophagus frantically trying to clear the blockage.

I hope the soreness gets better soon, and liquids help everything settle down.

You poor thing *hugs*

I've not tried any red meat yet, except minced in chilli/lasagne/spag bol - I will have to be very careful if I do!

Hi Hun
what an idiot I have been I just forgot what I was eating and didn't concentrate on the 20.20 20 rule as soon as I swallowed I knew it was going to be a big problem.
I have had to phone hospital..its so uncomfortable, I cannot eat at all at moment :/
PS
Don't eat red meat..its a killer..Honestly really awful..don't ever want that again :(

Hi TK
I can honestly say I truly thought it was a heart attack, the pain was debilitating so much that I could not even talk

I am still very uncomfortable this morning and it even hurt to sip tea...I have decided to phone provider and they are calling back at 11.30 so will see what they say:confused:

Surely its not possible for the meat to be totally stuck in the band port is it, because that is what it feels like. no matter how hard I tried the meat would not come up :/

I think calling the provider is the best thing to do.

What often happens is that if something is lodged (similar to if we vomit etc) it can lead to the outside of the stomach swelling, so the area underneath the band becomes tighter, which then tightens the band itself around the stomach, which without giving it time to all settle doesn't then ease. So even if the food is no longer there, it feels it because of the swelling and irritation from when it was - it doesn't take long for that swelling to start.

This is what happened with my over restriction and going back to the milk and water for a week then enabled everything to settle, inside and out for things to return to normal and the pain to ease.

I was sore Monday night, and my episode was nowhere near as bad as yours sounds. The following morning I had a sensation like a sore throat but in my chest, and that cleared by this morning.
Hope you get some sleep and feel much better tomorrow x

Oh Sarah..it was truly awful..I didn't know what to do with myself..My husband wanted to take me to hospital he was really upset:(

I think it sounds like your episode but I have phoned THG to ask advise and let them know how bad it was...I will update when I have had a reply from them :)

I think calling the provider is the best thing to do.

What often happens is that if something is lodged (similar to if we vomit etc) it can lead to the outside of the stomach swelling, so the area underneath the band becomes tighter, which then tightens the band itself around the stomach, which without giving it time to all settle doesn't then ease. So even if the food is no longer there, it feels it because of the swelling and irritation from when it was - it doesn't take long for that swelling to start.

This is what happened with my over restriction and going back to the milk and water for a week then enabled everything to settle, inside and out for things to return to normal and the pain to ease.

TK
You are really my hero. You always help even if its just the right words..I am eternally grateful I found this site and you

You always make time to help and you have been through so much yourself:(

I hope we meet one day you deserve a giant sized hug of gratitude my friend
Love Val xxxx

Sounds awful Minn, hope you start feeling better soon.
THG told me no meat apart from mince for the first 4-6 months.

Oh My...well believe me I have learnt my lesson..big time!!!!

It was tiny pieces of braising steak in a slow cooked stew, I knew that I could not eat chunks of red meat but even this was just too much, no meat for me I assure you!!!:(

I felt like something was still there the following day, even though I knew it wasn't. Hope everything calms down quickly and THG can give you some advice x

Easy for me to say now but its pretty standard advice (for once - lol) not to eat meat other than minced until you are a few months out.

When you do try it again you really need to chew and chew some more, take teeny tiny bites too x

THG have telephoned
They were extremely supportive the dietician did not tell me off.He also gave great advise
Simply put I am now on liquids for 24 hours them smooth food for 24hours
If it continues I will have to go the Dolan and they will take out my original operation fill and allow the blockage to pass..
Dietician says that this is common, everyone does this at least once and it will feel like the meat is still there and even it might be there?????

I am feeling a little better still very sore..
I will never do this again!!!!!!

Thank you all for your support xxxx

Ah no this is horrible I know, has happened a few times to me. I always suffer a bit of pain the day after but think this is to do with my stomach muscles being affected

Ah no this is horrible I know, has happened a few times to me. I always suffer a bit of pain the day after but think this is to do with my stomach muscles being affected

OMG a few times..I never ever ever want this to happen to me again..worse than childbirth!!!!!!!:eek:

Just caught up with this Minn - hope you're feeling better now. I've not experienced that cos I'm a bypasser, but sounds horrid.:eek:

all part of the learning curve I am afraid, especially after a fill and trying to see what you can now digest. Bread and pasta get stuck for me no matter how much I chew. red meat is ok but tiny amounts chewed forever seem to be the only way

Just caught up with this Minn - hope you're feeling better now. I've not experienced that cos I'm a bypasser, but sounds horrid.:eek:

Thank you feeling much better but still very sore and cannot eat it just comes back :/

Good news the pain has stopped so almost 24 hours that's the price you pay for swallowing a piece of meat and not properly chewing it..don't ever want that again :/

Omg so sorry to hear that val! Sounds truly awful! Glad your feeling better now but scary when it happens yeh x x

Glad you are starting to feel better, it can be scary! Well done for getting through it.

Hi Hun
what an idiot I have been I just forgot what I was eating and didn't concentrate on the 20.20 20 rule as soon as I swallowed I knew it was going to be a big problem.
I have had to phone hospital..its so uncomfortable, I cannot eat at all at moment :/
PS
Don't eat red meat..its a killer..Honestly really awful..don't ever want that again :(

Aw sweetie I'm glad you're feeling a bit better :(

:hug99:

What a horrible lesson to learn, but a big warning for the rest of us new banders xxx

Great news is Im back to normal again..pain has gone and I just had Crackerbread with Mackrel in tomato sauce for lunch it was to die for..yummy!!!!!!

Back