• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG last minuet.com

mum2livnjim

Hi Ladies,

Well I haven't posted on here for nearly 3 years :-/

I was on here all the time when I got a Spatz ballon(or should say CR*P ballon). As you probably gathered I don't rate it, I didn't lost and weigh and had it removed after 5 month due to disgusting burps!

Any how I have been wanting to get Mband for about 12 months but haven't had any money. I'm coming into some money next year so my plan was to get the band done then although as months go by a seem to be getting fatter n sadder by the day! Anyway yesterday I was at my parents house and my mum said she would lend me the money till next years!!! OMG!!

But.... I work for a school and I'm back on the 4th September so if I didn't have it within the next 2 weeks it would have to be the end of October. So spoke to H G yesterday and I'm book for my consultation with Mr Li on tues then the procedure the following day as long as I'm happy with what he has too say :))

I have done lots of research in this and a couple of close friends and parent have had it done.

The only thing is I'm scared it won't work for me like the ballon didn't. I eat massive portions that is my problem I just hope this works and its not anther waste if new for me.

Would love to hear from anyone and also anyone getting a band anytime soon?

Thanks x

I have no advice per se, but talk to your consultant and explain what the issue is with food for you and they will advise whether the band will work or not ... you will have to give up massive portions if you want this to work for you.... good luck! xxx

My advice: if you have trouble controlling your portions then get a sleeve or bypass. They more or less FORCE you to eat less but you still need willpower. During my journey I've met several people that were banded for a few years and were getting bypassed as the band failed for them. Do your research, don't rush into a surgery you're unsure of. I am a teacher and wouldn't recommend trying to rush back to school without at least 2 weeks recovery regardless of which surgery you choose. Good luck!

Hi Ladies,

Well I haven't posted on here for nearly 3 years :-/

I was on here all the time when I got a Spatz ballon(or should say CR*P ballon). As you probably gathered I don't rate it, I didn't lost and weigh and had it removed after 5 month due to disgusting burps!

Any how I have been wanting to get Mband for about 12 months but haven't had any money. I'm coming into some money next year so my plan was to get the band done then although as months go by a seem to be getting fatter n sadder by the day! Anyway yesterday I was at my parents house and my mum said she would lend me the money till next years!!! OMG!!

But.... I work for a school and I'm back on the 4th September so if I didn't have it within the next 2 weeks it would have to be the end of October. So spoke to H G yesterday and I'm book for my consultation with Mr Li on tues then the procedure the following day as long as I'm happy with what he has too say :))

I have done lots of research in this and a couple of close friends and parent have had it done.

The only thing is I'm scared it won't work for me like the ballon didn't. I eat massive portions that is my problem I just hope this works and its not anther waste if new for me.

Would love to hear from anyone and also anyone getting a band anytime soon?

Thanks x

Wow that's brilliant, no time wasting.. So no new for pre op diet?
Mr Li did mine.. And whizzed me 4ml in to prime..
All was good, as you've seen by my other thread I'm still intermittently hungry, but nowhere near what I was..
So op Wednesday and then back to work the following Wednesday?
I do hope that's enough time for u..!
I'm a nurse and needed near 3 weeks, I understand thou, u want it done, if you have to struggle I'm school for a week or 2 so be it..

I got a loan for my op, but I've figured I will save £150 a month at least on eating out and takeaways. X

Great news you are having your op sooner... all the best with everything...x

Good luck for next week. I'm being banded on the Saturday 31/8 so we'll be on the losers bench together. It's my birthday this sat 24/8 so it's my present to myself. I'm hoping it will be the best present yet. Was defo the most expensive. Lol xxx

Speak to the consultant and be totally honest. And be guided by what they say... as you said, you don't want to waste your money.

There are going to be advocates and disuaders for all wls options i am sure, based on peoples personal experiences. Personally, I love my band. Was a volume eater, but also a sweet eater and grazer. I didn't personally fancy the bypass and tbh wasn't really aware of the other options when I was opting for wls 2 1/2 years ago. That knowledge of other procedures came from this forum after I had my op. My band has definitely worked for me, because I got my head issues sorted and decided I was going to have my tool work for me to fit in with my lifestyle. My love of food has not disappeared, but my relationship with it, has become far more healthy. I do eat far less volume-wise than I used to, but I still do feel hungry again after a couple of hours if I have eaten a small meal. My volume of food is probably more than a lot of banders ... maintaining now after over 150lbs lost ... and anything under 1600 cals a day and I continue to lose weight.

Whichever tool you opt for, be realistic as no surgery is 100% guaranteed. Much of the success is down to the skill and resolve of the owner of the tool. Fail to follow the instructions or maintain your tool / mistreat it ...And its likely to give up on you eventually. Look after it, and it can be your best friend! Best of luck, and keep us updated. :)

Speak to the consultant and be totally honest. And be guided by what they say... as you said, you don't want to waste your money.

There are going to be advocates and disuaders for all wls options i am sure, based on peoples personal experiences. Personally, I love my band. Was a volume eater, but also a sweet eater and grazer. I didn't personally fancy the bypass and tbh wasn't really aware of the other options when I was opting for wls 2 1/2 years ago. That knowledge of other procedures came from this forum after I had my op. My band has definitely worked for me, because I got my head issues sorted and decided I was going to have my tool work for me to fit in with my lifestyle. My love of food has not disappeared, but my relationship with it, has become far more healthy. I do eat far less volume-wise than I used to, but I still do feel hungry again after a couple of hours if I have eaten a small meal. My volume of food is probably more than a lot of banders ... maintaining now after over 150lbs lost ... and anything under 1600 cals a day and I continue to lose weight.

Whichever tool you opt for, be realistic as no surgery is 100% guaranteed. Much of the success is down to the skill and resolve of the owner of the tool. Fail to follow the instructions or maintain your tool / mistreat it ...And its likely to give up on you eventually. Look after it, and it can be your best friend! Best of luck, and keep us updated. :)

Great advice thank you.

It's too much money for me not look after it. I have 2 small children and could use this money to move house but instead I'm spend. It on my wls so I would be selfish to abuse it.

I have around 5 stone to loose but I'm in o rush, I'm excited for the future :) x

Good luck for next week. I'm being banded on the Saturday 31/8 so we'll be on the losers bench together. It's my birthday this sat 24/8 so it's my present to myself. I'm hoping it will be the best present yet. Was defo the most expensive. Lol xxx

Oh we r only 2days apart :) where r u Avignon yours done?

Wow that's brilliant, no time wasting.. So no new for pre op diet?
Mr Li did mine.. And whizzed me 4ml in to prime..
All was good, as you've seen by my other thread I'm still intermittently hungry, but nowhere near what I was..
So op Wednesday and then back to work the following Wednesday?
I do hope that's enough time for u..!
I'm a nurse and needed near 3 weeks, I understand thou, u want it done, if you have to struggle I'm school for a week or 2 so be it..

I got a loan for my op, but I've figured I will save £150 a month at least on eating out and takeaways. X

I know, I'm actually returning to work on the Monday :-/ which will b 5 days but my consultant said I should b ok as I'm in the office behind a desk, although no one knows I'm having this done!

How much have u lost and looking to loose?

I will saving a lot on takeaways too lol x

Hiya and welcome back :) just wanted to wish u good luck. I am a bander and I went back to work (desk job) 5 days after surgery and it was no problem. I've lost 2 stone in 2 months, had 2 fills (5ml in ten band) and I'm pretty sure I have perfect restriction already, not possible to over eat because if I do I bring it back up. Yes its not easy, but I'm making healthier choices (Like u say 5k is a lot of money to waste if u don't work with the band) Best decision I ever made, am so happy and loving life atm :)

Hi Spire Hospital Manchester - having the single incision through belly button so no/ minimal scar.
X

I'm travelling up from Surrey on the Friday, but it's a journey I could do without especially the return post op!!!!

Defo more expensive could have had it fitted in London for £6500 but spending the extra £1000 so I feel comfortable in my first bikini, if only!!!

I'm hanging a lot on this it better work as I'm going to give it my all.

I wish you all the best for your surgery xx

Yes me too! I'm getting a little nervous now!

I have a lot of scars anyway for a couple more to me won't matter lol.

I will let you know how I get on on Wednesday night :-/

Xx

Back