• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

omg omg omg!!!!!

helen144

Hi all

I got funding

Can you believe it? because i cant lol

It has only been 3 weeks today since I went to see my GP, I have not had it in writing yet but was told on the phone that it was very good news but she couldnt actually tell me over the phone.

I need my GP now to refer me to Mr Ammori now at Salford Royal (I think)

Not sure what the process is after that, Does anybody else know who has been to this hospital?

I am so nervous and scared as well as excited, i had a moment of panis yesterday that I wouldnt cope with not been able to each much and that all my hair was going to fall out or that i would have massive complications during the surgery aaaaaahhhhh.

But when I read everything on here I feel so much better about things, my family still think im making the wrong decision and that im taking the easy way out and that they dont agree with it.

But hey i got funding hehehehe

Helen
xxxxxxxxx:):):):)

Congratulations. Didn't want to read and run...I don't know anything about it I'm afraid, but that's pretty quick from what I've read on here...

Helen, i am soooo happy for you!!! :D:D:D
This is NO WAY the easy way out, you have made a very brave decision to change your life, i am just sorry to hear you have not got your families support :( :hug99: - you have got us though!! :D:)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :bliss::happy096::clap::clap::party0049::party0049::talk017:
:party0011: Xxx Lizzie xxX :party0011:

blimey thats really quick. excellent news. you must be chuffed to bits. You've really perked me up this morning as I only went to see GP yesterday so its nice to see that it can happen quickly for some people.

and you need to tell your family that this isnt the easy way out - will probably be harder than any "diet" you have done in the past. We dont choose this option because its easy, but because we've tried everything else.

Loads of luck. Hope you dont have to wait too long now to see Mr Ammori

thats great news helen quick to, congratulations. WOW what a christmas prezzy !!:48:

liz x

fantastic news helan as you know both myself and Phatgirl had our ops at salford royal and i cant recomend it highly enough. maybe print some of the threads out for your family to have a look at this one included.
For me having had the gastric bypass after just going to my GP and asking for help with my weight has been such a life changing experiance. I know i am still early days 5 weeks post op but it has given me a whole new outlook.
5 days after my bypass i went on a training day with work and then yesturday i went on another. As i work from home i hadnt seen most of the people there for 4 weeks and although i know i have lost weight and can see it in my face i wasnt prepared for the onslaught of positive comments not just from the women but also from the men.
Its not an easy way out as you have to be prepared and plan yr meals to ensure you are getting the best nutrition possiable. Your family are probably worried for you but if like PG and me and lots of others on here you have the same experiance you will be fine.
I think PG has spoken to the coordinator michell at salfors to look at having a patient led su[pport group and think that is happening in january. whatch this space.
carole

Helen, that is blardy fantastic. Well done chick. I am so envious. I wish I lived where you do. Your pct rocks.

That is fantastic, YIPPIE fOR YOU!!!
:553::553::553:

Enjoy the high of knowing you are almost there hyn.

Congrats!:p

Fab news!!
I am meeting the very same lovely doctor tomorrow and hope to have my band done early Jan!
How gorgeous will we be this time next year!!!!!
xxx

well done Helen,

I am delighted for you. I hope to be telling you the same next week when I face the panel on the 19th.

Great news Helen! Really pleased for you :)

Back