• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG surgery in the morning - new start new me!!!

Quick update one week later...... Got called to hospital today due to raised blood levels and pain under left rib (anybody else had this???) went and seen my lovely surgeon and all ok he had to put an extra cut in due to additional surgery and thinks the pain is linked to rib bruising so happy with that - oh and lost 12.5lb in a week!!! Still got stomach bloating and some pain but nothing like I had! Hope it continues like this as I feel a little better every day?
glad it's going well X

Fantastic stuff - keep up the good work hunny :)

Thanks everyone for your kind words:) It was my first day back at work today - 13 days post op - I must admit had a bit of a breakdown which I have never done in my life!! I scared myself!! It took me ages to get myself sorted with tablets, 30 mins break, food, 30 mins break, getting ready and then travel no coffee until getting into office then asked if I was ok - tears came flooding!!! Full on emotional breakdown!!! I have wanted this for so long now got it and scared to death for the rest of my life after today's fiasco! How on earth am I going to manage each day getting food and coffee in and tablets with all the frickin timelines, the lansoprozole knock me off my feet so I have to lay down after talking them (anybody else experienced this???) and now totally wondering what the hell have I done electively to myself:( Has anybody else felt like this??? thanks x

Thanks everyone for your kind words:) It was my first day back at work today - 13 days post op - I must admit had a bit of a breakdown which I have never done in my life!! I scared myself!! It took me ages to get myself sorted with tablets, 30 mins break, food, 30 mins break, getting ready and then travel no coffee until getting into office then asked if I was ok - tears came flooding!!! Full on emotional breakdown!!! I have wanted this for so long now got it and scared to death for the rest of my life after today's fiasco! How on earth am I going to manage each day getting food and coffee in and tablets with all the frickin timelines, the lansoprozole knock me off my feet so I have to lay down after talking them (anybody else experienced this???) and now totally wondering what the hell have I done electively to myself:( Has anybody else felt like this??? thanks x
I promise you, this will settle and you will manage. I think it was quite soon for you to go back x take care

Does seem very early to go back I had my sleeve surgery 21st Jan and although I'm feeling ok wouldn't like to think I had the added stress of work yet x

I know I am shattered my manager was lovely and said I can work from home when ever I want and come in late/go home early what ever suits me but feel ok no pain just so scared of how I am ever going to get the hang of getting out the door on a morning with the tablets and breakfast timings etc. I can home at lunchtime and worked at home the rest of the day - got a meeting tomorrow and she has said I don't have to go to it but feel I need to for my own well being if that makes sense - the pressure we put on ourselves!!! Please tell me this will get better!!!!

Preparation is the key and believe me I am the worlds worst at it but I'm getting the hang of it. Prepare soup over a weekend and pop it in little pots for ease. Get your cup out at night with coffee in ready for the morning put tablets next to cup with a glass for water. Set your alarm earlier ten mins is always useful and relax it will settle down don't worry. Chin up X X X

Hi Westie. It will all be ok. I know at first it consumes us. As Beep says, it's all in the planning. At two weeks you should be coming off simple fluids and going onto more complex ones for a couple more, then getting onto thicker purees for the last two before transiting slowly back to solids from end week six. By this time I felt so weak as the ketosis had really kicked in - I had four weeks pre-bypass LSD (four WW soups, four Muller Lights and 500ml of semi-skimmed only every day), and immediately before I was on two weeks of heavy-duty ABs to strip me of some nasty gastric bugs (the ABs took my apetite away) so before surgery I hadn't eaten properly for six weeks, and then another six after ... The transit back to solids I found particularly challenging both mentally and physically. I regugitated everything I ate for what seemed forever. But suddenly I didn't and by six months post bypass I was back to normal admittedly with some caution. I am 2.5 years now and have maintained my lowest weight since Aoril 2014. I eat everything really now but not much of it. You are doing really well hun xxxxx

Hi westiegirl. Congrats on your bypass. For me the rib bruising took a couple of month to resolve itself. Apparently most of the work is carried out via this port hole hence all the bruising. Rest up and follow your teams instructions to the letter and you will do just fine. Good luck

Thanks everyone - my provider North Tees give you tablets from day one and purree from day 2 which was a worry but getting there now with them. Today managed to stay all day but OMG started to swell stomach wise and had to pull my trousers waist band over my boobs for comfort - I was a right bonny sight!! Simon Crowell had nowt on me!!! Good job the trousers are too big!! Never cried today so bonus but working from home for a couple of days so will be able to rest up thank god I hope this gets easy and I can manage as I can't see me being as capable as I was

Back