• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG What do I look like !!

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
I am completely shell shocked !!:eek:

I know I'm overweight, I know this because the scales tell me, my BMI is too high, my clothes are awful, I get all hot and sweaty if I try to do very much (so tend not to) and if I push myself to do a full hard days work I cant move the next day:(

But I never look in a full length mirror and certainly don't have any photos around.......so today I thought
"I'm now firmly on this journey - I know I'll get my little girl to take some pre op photos"

"Is that really me!!!!!!!!!" OMG:eek:

I look huge!! I honestly in my head did not think I was that big!!

Roll on Sept 7th, lets get this done, just wish I'd kept my original date as yesterday:(

I am sure you do not look as bad as you think! and just think you are doing something about it and this time next year you will look so very different. chin up and all will be well xxx

I know how u feel, everything u just wrote about hot n sweaty n doing too much that u cant move the next day, is exactly how i feel, i shower twice a day cause i get sweaty, sometimes i cant get up cause my back is too bad from carrying too much weight.

well done though for actually making the first move and booking that app to have this done, what u look like now wont b the same as in a couple of months time, u can keep them pics to halp u through each stage of ur weight loss,

Good luck
Joey xx

you will be utterly amazed at the difference losing weight will make to your physical and emotional wellbeing. A weight will literally be taken off your shoulders. I was over 27 stone when i started on this journey -having lost over 8 stone I was able to go to spain in June and yes it was warm but I coped so much better - even climbed a mountain when I was there.
The most important thing you need to do now is work on sorting ur head out so that your op will work to its full potential - the 1st part of that is what you have just done - facing up to reality. so well done!
I know my life has changed immensely since january & I am sure yours will too

Good luck for ur personal journey xx

Been there...felt that!
I had been avoiding cameras and full length mirrors for about a year. I knew how much I weighed but still kidded myself that I carried it well and didn't look too bad.
I got the shock of my life when I did my before photo's, i was horrified. Who was this unattractive, fat, poorly dressed woman? Why had no-one told me? I looked bloody awful.
That was February. Two days ago at a party, my OH filmed me on his swish new phone and showed it to me later. I was pleasantly surprised to see a nicely dressed, fairly attractive woman. Yippey! I'm nearly the woman I thought I was in my head before I lost nearly 4 stone!

Attachments

• fatface.jpg
    fatface.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 63
  • july2011 050.jpg
    july2011 050.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 65
Well thats definite then

I've been feeling very strange yesterday and today...the reason being that yesterday was the original date for my op...I changed it not them and had started talking myself out of proceeding:sigh:

Thinking!!
Not least - It's such alot of money
- our business is only just breaking even,
- the kids could do with money,
- we could have a fab holiday
and although I have a fair amount of the cash I will have to borrow some:cry:

Thinking!!
I could go on another diet, heck I'm about to put myself through 2 weeks of just milk then not be able to eat food properly for several weeks, I could easily go on another diet:break_diet:

Thinking!!
Oh that'll work...for a few weeks then I'll put it all back on again and more !

Think! Think! Think! Sometimes I wish my brain would just stop!!

Anyway I've just got home from a shopping trip for my eldest daughters 30 birthday present...now it should have been a nice couple of hours with my little girl, my husband, my other daughter and my grandaughter...instead the sun was belting down and within 10mins of being out of the car I was hot and bothered:( Sweating and red in the face:sigh:

Three shops later I was seriously losing the will to live and wanted to go back to the car!!:mad:( not that I was frowning but actually looked like this smilie!!)

And then the photos!!!!!!

I seriously don't, no can't go on like this.
He says "it's booked now- you go for it",
Middle daughter said when she saw the photos"Well its not like you're not doing something about it!"

Do you know what? they're right!

So sod it!! I am going to do it and I'm doing it for me...............Who the hell said that?.....ME THATS WHO!!!!

Put yourself first and they will all thank you for being the new slimmer healthier mum/partner this time next year.btw I havent sweated once this year!Even in the gym!

I absolutely hate photographs and shop windows. I never seem to see the worst of the weight when I just look in the mirror. But this time next year I'll have mirrors everywhere lol.

Gym!!! Im just sweating typing the word! LOL! :8855:

ugh i hate exercise. rode a bike for the first time the other day and have been pain ever since after pulling a muscle in my leg. If God wanted me to sweat he wouldn't have invented deodorant.

You summed it up perfectly in your first posting. I don't have photo's or mirrors I have even gone out with my clothes on inside out, as I haven't bothered with my appearance, then been mortified when I realised. I got hubby to take pictures of my yesterday, in a doorway, so I can hopefully see the difference months down the line. And although I am not at my biggest now, it will still be a stark shock when I get to see them. (they are still on the camera)

Anyway don't worry about being fat it is being OLD I would worry about more... I pictured you as much younger than me but you have just fessed up to having a 30 year old daughter!!! :8855: So your not in your 30's yourself then? :D

I had her when I was 3 :8855:

And as for the clothes, the other day I went to collect my father from church and we popped into Sainsburys, I knew I felt uncomfortable and went to the loo..... I had my trousers on back to front:eek:

There is no hope:wave_cry:

LOL we could be twins, apart from you were more forward than me at the age of three :D

suzz69uk said:
I am sure you do not look as bad as you think! and just think you are doing something about it and this time next year you will look so very different. chin up and all will be well xxx

I look at my photos now and can't recognise the person I was. There aren't that many, at my heaviest I was 30 stone and at only 5ft 2 the photos spoke volumes. Now 18.5 stone lighter I realise how I really looked - then as bad as I thought I looked it never really sunk in how heavy I had become.

I think self sabotage is normal on run up to the op. But well done you for stocking with the plan! You will not regret it!!
Just think, soon you can wear your size ten trousers back to front! ;-) x

I'm not sure I'll ever be a size 10, but I'll settle for just healthier :)

u say that now but u never know, iv just been accepted for funding and im thinking the same
shall i do it, could i just diet, but after reading this im thinking no i cant do it and is gonna need the help of a band to get me there x

Well dun on admitting ur demons and good luck with ur op Ull soon be on the losers bench x

I felt the same, my best friend took photos of me from all sides, first lot fully clothed and then the dreaded bra n knickers, and OMG where did all the fat cone from, back fat side fat front fat and even fat on top of fat, but even now 50lbs down I look at them and think I WILL NEVER be this person again, 23years old and by the time am 24 the fat lass will be GONE.

We have all tried every diet going, we all needed this help to become the healthy slimmed happy person we have always been on the inside.

I'm 3weeks post op and it's the best money iv ever spent.

Good luck on your journey enjoy every step see u when u join the losers bench xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I haven't even considered having piccis done with no clothes on!!!! Are you mad!!!!:)

Maybe I'll build up to that...............it was bad enough covered up.......In my undies I'd have running for the hills!! LOL!

Back