• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what do you look like in your mind

I have yo-yoed up and down most of my adult life, I was never a Big kid, just had the normal puppy fat, and always been between a size 10 & 14, but I always felt fat & ugly, Its only the past 4 years my weight went right up to my heaviest ever 15st 7lbs, Thats when i said enough is enough and had the bypass, Now i am 9st 7lbs, I still feel fat even though i have lost 6st, It is all in the head, And its very hard telling yourself you are normal and not fat anymore.
Hopefully my brain will be kind to me one day soon and tell me I'm beautifull, But somehow i just don't see it.

At 9.7 stone your not fat anymore and you look great, though i suppose if you see yourself in a negative way you can use that to your advantage as it may stop you forgetting how you looked and felt when you were actually bigger.

Hi this is an excellent thread. I went to a support group meeting yesterday and met some lovely people. One lady who is now a size 10 has problems believing she is slim and it was suggested amongst other things that she should get someone to take some photos of her - not posing but in natural everyday situations. She had allready had a proffesional photo shoot part way through the journey.

The group was pretty much split between those that still thought of themselves as slim until they got the shock of catching their reflection in a shop window and those that still think of themselves as fat despite their losses.

I was one of the ones that thinks of myself as still slim, I know Im not but I am work in progress lol x

i feel like the big fat hippo in fantasia an look like it x

I feel fat still. I was talking with hubbs about this last night actually. Even sat here wearing size 8 jeans, I feel fat. Convinced they are labelled wrong or just a very (very) generous fit!

My stomach feels huge and horrid still. The baby has pushed my upper stomach out loads (you know the bit above the belly button) and the excess skin pools everywhere when I sit or lie down.

Bits of me I can recognise as slim, like my neck and my wrists, and to a point my legs lately.

On a positive note though, alot of my old insecurities have gone, I am not embarrassed eating or buying food in public at all.

For the last 15 years at least, I have always described myself as "Tall, Thin & Blond". Quite a few of my friends call me TTB. In reality I am medium height, fat and a redhead.......................Hey Ho!

i would like to know how people visualise them selves especially through this weightloss surgery experience

if i dont see my reflection in my mind i am in my late twentys slim but not skinny how i was 2 years after my first child,

if i catch sight of my self in a mirror i am an old granny type woman (i am not i am 42 and look my age or younger to other people but i am 100lb over weight)

some bigger ladies are beautifull and carry them selves well, i really struggle to do this
even when i try to be high maintenence i cant seam to maintain this for longer than a week -10 days before feeling so bad at how i look now

as people are loosing weight and bodys changing does your inner picture change
does it get better/ worse

when i was at my lowest which was about 12 stone i still in my mind looked fat. i wish i could have sorted my mind out then as thinking back i looked good but just didnt know it. then i might not have spent the last 18 yrs gaining and losing and ended up how i am now. i can really relate to tinkywinky teletubbie. if i was purple that would be me. lol

I've yo-yoed for ever, At my slimmest (good old WW!) I was 9st 12lb!!! Even then I would catch sight of myself and do a double take because inside I still felt huge. Who is that slim person i would think. Didn't last long though! Soon put it on - and more!! On a downward trend though now!! Hurrah!! I just hope I'll be able to experience this again and then think - it's ME!! x x

Back