• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you look like you thought you would?

God I sound so vain!! I'm not. I promise!!!

Lol Meggie if you're vain then I am too!! :D Cuppacocoa xx :queen:

See i'm the other end of the scale. I worry about my soon to be husband seeing me with my kit of when i've lost weight not because of the loose skin but because he fancies the hell out of me the size i am now before surgery.... What if he dont go for me when i'm thinner? What if i don't float his boat? Hmmmm... But anyway i digress i am as mixman said a thinner person in a fat body. I can walk along the street feeling great and then i'll catch a reflection in a car or a shop window and think "jeez look at the size of me" what happened?

As much as i worry about the 'physical' side of having my operation (if i get it), i worry more about seeing that fat person in ten years time huffing and puffing and not carrying a single bag of shopping to cause the puffing...

I too am pre op but cannot imagine how I would look now much slimmer. Like Carol when I was younger even at 10stone I felt fat but actually looked good when I looked back.
Maybe we are just never happy with how we are, always wanting to change bits, add bits here, take them off there lol, and when we are looking back to a slimmer self dont love ourselves enough at the time to appreciate it.
I now would be so grateful to look as respectable as I did 30 years ago, and now I would appreciate it having felt like a great lump for the last 12 years.
I think we are often too hard on ourselves, I know I am my own worse critic, but to look half as good as some of the girls and guys do now on the site post op will be wonderful and I will just be grateful for what I have(or havent) in future and love myself a bit more.
I am lucky I feel to be getting the chance to feel good about myself again.

Jay xx

I dont look like i thought I would, i now look like im about 14! Ive developed a proper baby face. So much so someone asked me to prove I was over 16 the other day! I couldnt believe it!

Physically I dont mind how i look. Im broad shoulder and will never be skinny, but i like that. Ive still got a long way to go, only 8 stone of 14 stone down so far, but its off my stomach im not losing much. I still have that horrible over hang, its so bad im having to buy clothes a size bigger even though everywhere else the smaller size fits me!

But if thats all ive got to moan about it cant be too bad can it! Better to be Xl than the Xxxxl i used to buy!

How I look naked doesn’t bother me at all as there are only a select few who get the pleasure of seeing me that way :D. I would like to look better in shorts so I can sunbathe in public, but heck I’ve kept my shirt on at the pool for the last fifteen years so it’s not going to bother me too much if it never happens.

Do I regret having WLS? Well I did question my decision in the early days when the enormity of what I’d done hit home, but that was when food was still important to me and I felt lost without the comfort it brought me. Now seven months on I have no regrets about having the surgery, only that I waited too long to have it. That I might not look great naked (And believe me I don’t :cry::D :eek:) is a small price to pay.

Would I do it again? Blimey I’d have no stomach left :D:D

A selected few?!?!!

The thing that worries me is what my boobs will look like when they deflate. I might have to roll them up! Zxx

I always wanted to go back to how i looked on my wedding day 16 years ago (on the 15th Oct) which was just over 10st.
Having lost even more than i ever imagined I look totally different.
I think I look the best I have ever looked.
I feel like a completley different woman. I am absolutley delighted about the way i look and feel when I get dressed up and go out.
I also think i look good in underwear lol and have been so lucky that my skin has shrunk & I have very little excess skin.
I have so much more confidence now than i've ever had.
I no longer take medication for depression & anxiety and really do feel healthy & in control of my life once and for all.
I have always hated the way i looked and for me to even write this about myself really does amaze me:eek:
I really hope I don't sound big Headed because honestly I'm not at all.
Its the best thing I have ever done and wouldn't change a thing.

I always wanted to go back to how i looked on my wedding day 16 years ago (on the 15th Oct) which was just over 10st.
Having lost even more than i ever imagined I look totally different.
I think I look the best I have ever looked.
I feel like a completley different woman. I am absolutley delighted about the way i look and feel when I get dressed up and go out.
I also think i look good in underwear lol and have been so lucky that my skin has shrunk & I have very little excess skin.
I have so much more confidence now than i've ever had.
I no longer take medication for depression & anxiety and really do feel healthy & in control of my life once and for all.
I have always hated the way i looked and for me to even write this about myself really does amaze me:eek:
I really hope I don't sound big Headed because honestly I'm not at all.
Its the best thing I have ever done and wouldn't change a thing.

Hun it doesn't sound big-headed at all!!! You look absolutely fantastic and deserve to feel as great as you obviously do!!! I only hope I feel (and look!!!) half as fantastic as you do when I've had mine done!!!

I do also agree with never being happy with how we look. When I look back to when I started going out (at 15/16....tut tut!!!) I was a size 16. I felt HUGE as all of my friends were a size 8/10. God what I would give to be a size 16 now!!! And looking back at photos I didn't actually look that bad.

Does anyone happen to have a magic crystal ball hidden in the attic somewhere?!?!? Would be nice to see what I'll look like!!! But healthwise, I'd defo do it either way!!!

I dont look like i thought I would, i now look like im about 14! Ive developed a proper baby face. So much so someone asked me to prove I was over 16 the other day! I couldnt believe it!

QUOTE]

mark i have got to admit when i met you last week i thought you were someones son just tagging along to begin with. Just imagine looking so young now what you will look like in yr 40's!!!

saggy belly, saggy arse, saggy tits, saggy arms and from some where I have a vile chin lolol

Fat-girl-slim08, if I feel the way the you do when I have lost the weight I will be absolutely ecstatic!!! You are not big headed in the slightest, I suspect you are the envy of many people. Good for you I say! :D

Cuppacocoa xx

Someone mentioned deflated boobs. Well I am on a mission, I am going to invent a device for reinflating those saggy appendages. I am thinking along these lines: remember those little things that your mum used to roll up old toothpaste tubes. You put the empty end of the tube in the slot and then rolled it up so that all of the toothpaste went into the opening end. That's what I'm thinking about! Dragon's Den look out!

I have just started going crinkly! Saggy arms and crinkly but it doesnt bother me! My hubby to be would love me no matter what...and I love me, so thats all that matters! haha.
I didnt think at all what I wuld look like, and I still dont think ahead now, so long as I get to have babies I dont care :D hehe

I love this question and the replies are all so interesting !

Its funny i dont really know anyone who's as much overweight as me so i havent ever thought that there are people who feel the same way.

When i was 20 i was just under 12st but i felt really big, i then put on weight after having 2 children only to lose 8 stone and get down to 14st around 6 years ago - i felt the happier than i had in years and really appreciated being smaller again!

Only thing is i've got no arse and no boobs, all my weight is on my stomach so basically i look pregnant ! I've now managed to put all that weight on again so i reckon i'll need breast and bum implants after i lose it all LOL

Back