• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you look like you thought you would?

gillabean

Really living now!
I was just playing in the bedroom (not like that!) stacking deodorant bottles against the mirror to cut off my arms and to see what I would look like when I'm slim. Answer = weird!!

So, for those who have lost weight, do you look how you envisaged? Pleased/disappointed?

For those still to lose the weight, how do you play at finding out what you'll look like? I also look at myself in the long mirror from the side with only my front half showing (bottom out of mirror range). Is it just me?

I was just playing in the bedroom (not like that!) stacking deodorant bottles against the mirror to cut off my arms and to see what I would look like when I'm slim. Answer = weird!!

So, for those who have lost weight, do you look how you envisaged? Pleased/disappointed?

For those still to lose the weight, how do you play at finding out what you'll look like? I also look at myself in the long mirror from the side with only my front half showing (bottom out of mirror range). Is it just me?

I thought I would look like a Greek God, and guess what I do......sadly it's Neptune LOL :D:D:D

I'm still losing amd there are bits I like and bit's I don't!

I'm happy though, it's just I wish there was a option where you could pick where you want to lose it from first.

I hate the part above my groin, below my tummy. I hate it hate it hate it. It is going slowly, but not as quick as I'd like! It's almost like I have a water filled balloon above my willy!!

I'm also still thinking I'm a small person trapped inside a large persons body. I feel a lot smaller, but then I see myself in the bathroom mirror and reality sets in lol!

some parts of me look like i thought they would but my god i so under estemated quiet how minging loose skin could be! im used to it now but certain parts should never be seen in the light of day again!

I like how I look with clothes on, not so happy without clothes, but at the minute thats for my eyes only!!! Still around another 2 stone to lose, so i'd imagine the without clothes situation can only get much much worse!!!

I like the fact I have rediscovered my neck :D

But as for the rest of me, I look like a candle left in the window too long..

hey ho, at least I weigh less....

As for looking like what i thought i would. I never really thought about whet i would look like all i can say is that when i was smaller i was a lot younger and a compleatly different shape even though i did at one time weigh similar to now i looked fat where as now age has been kind and altered my shape to a more curvy one.

This is an interesting post as it is something I have given a lot of thought to!!! To everyone who mentioned hating how they look naked, do you hate it more or less than when you were big? And do you regret your decision to have surgery??? If you were given the chance to do it all again, would you???

Not had surgery yet,but I dont really mind what I look like as long as I have less pain and more energy!Guess that comes with maturity though.When I was younger I would want to look attractive again,who wouldnt?

I still have a long way to go but I'm pretty happy at the moment due to the fact I can wear my daughters jeans. Saying that they are size 20 and 22 but I can get in both. The naked side is a different matter though but there's only hubby see's me like that and he does'nt care because as he says thats nothing compared to me getting healthierxx

I haven't had surgery yet but I do already find myself wondering how I will fund the plastic surgery that I'm bound to want after my weightloss!! :rolleyes::eek:

I know people say you shouldn't even think about that at this stage but it's hard not to! I'm 32 so am hoping that some of the skin may go back but if whatever is left is that unbearable to me then I will find the money somehow to have further surgery. Even if it's just for a pair of decent boobs! :banana dancer:

My feelings on this may well change when I get to that point, I guess we shall to wait and see! :D

Cuppacocoa xx

To everyone who mentioned hating how they look naked, do you hate it more or less than when you were big? And do you regret your decision to have surgery??? If you were given the chance to do it all again, would you???

How I look naked doesn’t bother me at all as there are only a select few who get the pleasure of seeing me that way :D. I would like to look better in shorts so I can sunbathe in public, but heck I’ve kept my shirt on at the pool for the last fifteen years so it’s not going to bother me too much if it never happens.

Do I regret having WLS? Well I did question my decision in the early days when the enormity of what I’d done hit home, but that was when food was still important to me and I felt lost without the comfort it brought me. Now seven months on I have no regrets about having the surgery, only that I waited too long to have it. That I might not look great naked (And believe me I don’t :cry::D :eek:) is a small price to pay.

Would I do it again? Blimey I’d have no stomach left :D:D

Interesting thread. I haven't had surgery and I still don't look like I think I do. I'm always surprised at how huge I look in photos. And how clothes don't fit.
Maybe when (if) I get to have a band I will look how I thought I did in the first place.

I think I know what I'm going to look like. I have a sister and we have always looked alike. She's slim and I'm not so I imagine that when I lose it all I will look just like her. Not bad. xx

I had no idea what I would look like since I had never been at a healthy weight as an adult, the closest I ever got was the high side of the overweight category for 5 mins when I was 16, which of course mine was not a woman's body but a still-growing-girl's so I had no clue what to expect.

I will be honest and say that the loose skin bothers me more than I thought it would but NEVER in ONE MILLION YEARS DO I REGRET MY SURGERY!!!! I would do it over and over again if I had to, and I would have done it sooner if I could have. I have my days when I catch my reflection and think who in the world is that? But I am happy with how I look and I am even trying to love my loose shape. I do however love now getting dressed up and having my picture taken, I a pleased with what I see. And that is a wonderful feeling.

Nic:D

I had no idea what I would look like since I had never been at a healthy weight as an adult, the closest I ever got was the high side of the overweight category for 5 mins when I was 16, which of course mine was not a woman's body but a still-growing-girl's so I had no clue what to expect.

I will be honest and say that the loose skin bothers me more than I thought it would but NEVER in ONE MILLION YEARS DO I REGRET MY SURGERY!!!! I would do it over and over again if I had to, and I would have done it sooner if I could have. I have my days when I catch my reflection and think who in the world is that? But I am happy with how I look and I am even trying to love my loose shape. I do however love now getting dressed up and having my picture taken, I a pleased with what I see. And that is a wonderful feeling.

Nic:D

Haha love the pic of you and your hubby!!! So cute!!!

I haven't had surgery yet but I do already find myself wondering how I will fund the plastic surgery that I'm bound to want after my weightloss!! :rolleyes::eek:

I know people say you shouldn't even think about that at this stage but it's hard not to! I'm 32 so am hoping that some of the skin may go back but if whatever is left is that unbearable to me then I will find the money somehow to have further surgery. Even if it's just for a pair of decent boobs! :banana dancer:

My feelings on this may well change when I get to that point, I guess we shall to wait and see! :D

Cuppacocoa xx

Me too!! I think it is inevitable that I will have to have a tummy tuck, and am guessing I will have to fund it myself. I would find the money if needs be though.

I think the thing I wonder about most is, as I am single and 28, how do I explain to the "lucky" few who get to see me naked why my body looks like that of a 78 year old!!!! Though I hate people seeing me naked now so guess it's no different!!!

Back