• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what do you look like in your mind

sewingbelle56

i would like to know how people visualise them selves especially through this weightloss surgery experience

if i dont see my reflection in my mind i am in my late twentys slim but not skinny how i was 2 years after my first child,

if i catch sight of my self in a mirror i am an old granny type woman (i am not i am 42 and look my age or younger to other people but i am 100lb over weight)

some bigger ladies are beautifull and carry them selves well, i really struggle to do this
even when i try to be high maintenence i cant seam to maintain this for longer than a week -10 days before feeling so bad at how i look now

as people are loosing weight and bodys changing does your inner picture change
does it get better/ worse

Last edited:
in my minds eye im still fat :confused: stupid aint it, me brain just dont understand the word slim :eek:

did you grow up big or were you thin at some point ? i was thin but yo yoed for years each time getting bigger
do you have like me a 'good image 'that you like a new one ( you look great ) or an old one from when you were younger

in my minds eye im still fat :confused: stupid aint it, me brain just dont understand the word slim :eek:

I'm the same as Liz here with this, the mind is a funny thing, and having been fat for most of my life i still see myself this way even though people tell me i'm not ! I guess in lenghts of time i've lost my weight relatively quickly, i just wonder how long it will take for my brain to catch up and get the hang of it.

I'm the same as Liz here with this, the mind is a funny thing, and having been fat for most of my life i still see myself this way even though people tell me i'm not ! I guess in lenghts of time i've lost my weight relatively quickly, i just wonder how long it will take for my brain to catch up and get the hang of it.

hi richard, i totally get where ya coming from on this 1 !
im 4 years out now had a regain through a faulty band ect, its been a very emotional roller coaster with this for me and how i percieve myself thro a regain of nearly 2 stones and re losing it. im now 2llbs off getting back to my lowest weight i achieved with band no 1, im now pulling the clothes out the wardrobe that i was wearing at my lowest weight b4 my gain and they fit. but my stupid head/brain still says when i look in the mirror that im still fat ! will i ever be happy ? i dont know :sigh: . sum 1 please give my brain a good slap with a smooth soaled flip flopp :8855:

I feel and look like a Teletubby!!

im sure you dont gaynor, by the way i hated having to watch the tellytebbies 10-20 times a day when ryan was likkle, i want a nooo nooo as i dont have to plug it in and push it around the floor ;)

p.s the tweenies need shot ! they r soo fkn annoying, GRRRRRRRR

hi richard, i totally get where ya coming from on this 1 !
im 4 years out now had a regain through a faulty band ect, its been a very emotional roller coaster with this for me and how i percieve myself thro a regain of nearly 2 stones and re losing it. im now 2llbs off getting back to my lowest weight i achieved with band no 1, im now pulling the clothes out the wardrobe that i was wearing at my lowest weight b4 my gain and they fit. but my stupid head/brain still says when i look in the mirror that im still fat ! will i ever be happy ? i dont know :sigh: . sum 1 please give my brain a good slap with a smooth soaled flip flopp :8855:

Just looked at your before and after pics - you really have been on a journey haven't you, i guess to regain it when you were losing through the faulty band must have been gutting ! still your looking great now and with only 21lbs to go your nearly at the end, interestingly i've got about the same to lose to reach my goal weight

richard plastics pushing me from last bmi of 32 said 4 my t/tuck revisional surgery i needed a bmi of 28/29 im there now but they pushing me to the limits they thought i wouldnt make it there but i have, see em again july 27th, i need a few nips n tucks lol. i have to prove to em i wont regain again, i know i deffo wont as long as i aint got another duff band again.

richard plastics pushing me from last bmi of 32 said 4 my t/tuck revisional surgery i needed a bmi of 28/29 im there now but they pushing me to the limits they thought i wouldnt make it there but i have, see em again july 27th, i need a few nips n tucks lol. i have to prove to em i wont regain again, i know i deffo wont as long as i aint got another duff band again.

In a way it kind of shows how well your band works as a tool, without it you regain the weight, with it your working with it to lose weight, and its obviously working well. Hopefully you wont have a problem with this one though.

I've considered an abdominoplast as i'm starting to look like a bag of spuds, but reluctant to pay out more money whilst i'm still losing, i think maybe a year or so from now i'll re assess and see whats what.

In a way it kind of shows how well your band works as a tool, without it you regain the weight, with it your working with it to lose weight, and its obviously working well. Hopefully you wont have a problem with this one though.

I've considered an abdominoplast as i'm starting to look like a bag of spuds, but reluctant to pay out more money whilst i'm still losing, i think maybe a year or so from now i'll re assess and see whats what.

either your gp or your private surgeon can put in a good word for you regarding nhs plastics, more and more private wls patients are getting nhs plastics especially bypassers more so than banders as its a more permanent weight loss.

People always tell me I look good (hmmm wonder if they mean I look good for a fat person?)..........but both in my mind and in the mirror I look and feel blobby and bloated....I love clothes but find it so hard to find the right stuff.

So, In my mind for the future I see 'Elegance and femininity'...I can't wait to dress again...Instead of what I call shrouding.

~hugs~

Last edited:
Hi Everybody
I know I`m fat but I don't feel fat . The only time I feel fat is if I see myself in a mirror or sit in a chair with arms . My head must be well screwed up . Take care .
Margaret xx

This is me too. I still see myself how I was in high school and a cheerleader. Unfortunately the mirror is my reality check.

interesting question. I have always been fat but i suppose i had just got used to that and accepted that as being me. Now although i can feel all my bones and feel fantastic i still see myself as being bigger than i am until i catch my reflection or see a picture that is until i take my clothes off and than i just see a huge mashed up lumpy Blamange. But its still early days i have 2 more stone to get into the overweight BMI and then another 1 and a half to get within a healthy range so who knows but its getting better all the time.

im with my aunty liz on this one i still see my self as fat i still go shopping and pick up sizes 20+ when in now only 10/12 top and 12/14 bottom its really strange my brain will not execpt the new me x x x sarah

I have yo-yoed up and down most of my adult life, I was never a Big kid, just had the normal puppy fat, and always been between a size 10 & 14, but I always felt fat & ugly, Its only the past 4 years my weight went right up to my heaviest ever 15st 7lbs, Thats when i said enough is enough and had the bypass, Now i am 9st 7lbs, I still feel fat even though i have lost 6st, It is all in the head, And its very hard telling yourself you are normal and not fat anymore.
Hopefully my brain will be kind to me one day soon and tell me I'm beautifull, But somehow i just don't see it.

Back