• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG...Will I be ok,I swallowed chewing gum by accident!! HELP

emma-louise

my new life!!
Stupid me...I was having some chewing gum before,and by accident I swallowed it!!!
when I realised what Id done I sipped lots of fluids straight away..thinking Id better try to flush the stuff!
Ive had something to eat after it and everything seems ok,but Im still so worried..has anyone else done this?
I will NEVER HAVE GUM AGAIN.
do you think Ill be ok,I feel so stupid..:mad:

u will be fine huni ive done this too lol and i also panicked hahaha i also swallowed a full boils hard sugar free sweet to once and paniked over that hahaha but i was ok so dont panic lol i think we all go through this at one point or the other r u ok now?

u will be fine huni ive done this too lol and i also panicked hahaha i also swallowed a full boils hard sugar free sweet to once and paniked over that hahaha but i was ok so dont panic lol i think we all go through this at one point or the other r u ok now?

hi there..Im so glad Im not the only one,I think Im ok,I mean I dont feel sick or anything..if there was a problem I dont know what I should feel...I dont want to ring the hospital as I feel a right twit!
Im only 4 weeks post op..

how long ago did you swallow it ?

ur defo ok then huni that will have well gone through now hehehe it is very scary when it happenes tho isnt it

ur defo ok then huni that will have well gone through now hehehe it is very scary when it happenes tho isnt it

Thanks for replying..I was hoping someone could just put my mind at rest!
It ruined my afternoon! as I was soooo scared,
do you think if it would have got lodged I would have been sick or not been able to drink or eat ?
Sorry to sound yuk,but since this op,my breath has been horrid,its probley all the vitamins I take and tabs,thats why I bought some gum.
Even though it was 3 oclock I swallowed it,I cant help being still concerned,as Im doing well at the minute..UNTIL THIS..

THANKS XXXXXXX

yeh the breath thing can be an issue quite a few peeps have had it i was lucky i didnt get it try sugar free mints next time instead of gum coz that can fill u with wind and make u feel unwell anyway and yes if it was stil stuck u would prob feel sik i would imagine and u defo wouldnt b able to eat or drink without it coming bk up but if ur still really worried huni get in touch with your barriatric team they wont think ur silly and your not stupid they have prob heard this loads like i said it happened to me and im fine lol u take it easy and try and enjoy your night u r fine ok lv lin.x

i was gonna say emma, werent you told not to have chewing gum hun, i wonder if thats why, in case we swallow it. get some spray freshener, its safer lol. what you like woman? lol. just put it down to experience now hun. hugs xx

i was gonna say emma, werent you told not to have chewing gum hun, i wonder if thats why, in case we swallow it. get some spray freshener, its safer lol. what you like woman? lol. just put it down to experience now hun. hugs xx

hi dawny,

no I wasnt told not to have it,but common sense should have told me not too touch it!
what would I feel if it has caused blockage?
do you know?

emma, emma, emma, emma, stop worrying huni, if it had caused any problems/damage, you would have known by now, so calm down, ok babes.
i was told no fizzy drinks, and no chewing gum. and now youve had a scare, you wont be having any more gum will you, so its ok.
honest hun if your still worried ring chris on monday, but i cant think of anyone to ring over the weekend. as long as your drinking and eating ok, youll be fine, its probably gone through by now. great big hugs, and please stop worrying. ,xxxxx
ps your doing great, xx

ha ha ha glad it made you laugh huni, i know from past experience just how worried and panicky you get, but i also know that once youve been reassured by a few people, that you calm down and reason it out for yourself.
are you ok now huni, i hope so. just keep away from gum, which i know you will.
luv ya huni, big hugs xxx

Back