• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG..

drod78

I finally ate grits this morning I feel horrible now.. I only ate about 4 baby spoons since I eat with a baby spoon now to eat less and slower.. Those grits hit my stomach like a ton of bricks.. I figured it was maybe dumping but now I just feel like my stomach is full and not digesting. I tried to vomit with no success... I guess I have to wait until this passes and next time make them as watery as possible.. :(

So sorry for you, I've been watching a few threads and you've commented on looking forward to them grits for a while and now it seems it wasn't what you was hoping :( Hope there's something else that will make you feel 'wow', we all need a little something nice, and hope your feeling better soon x

whats a grit?

So sorry for you, I've been watching a few threads and you've commented on looking forward to them grits for a while and now it seems it wasn't what you was hoping :( Hope there's something else that will make you feel 'wow', we all need a little something nice, and hope your feeling better soon x

Thanks Somerset lady I'm just laying here hoping this will soon pass too some Pepcid the dr prescribed me hoping that helps

Drod - you poor soul. I've been there. Nothing will pass the blockage, inc your saliva. The only way to shift it is to send a depth charge down in the form of half a can of Diet pop. It will come back-up with some force, bringing the blockage with it. This is advised by my provider to clear the blockage. The first time I didn't know about this trick and suffered in silence for seven hours, throwing up every 20mins or so to get rid of the accumulated saliva. It is not nice at all, but something we have to get used to. I heave every day as I'm learning what I can tolerate ... Bless you hunni xx

Drod - you poor soul. I've been there. Nothing will pass the blockage, inc your saliva. The only way to shift it is to send a depth charge down in the form of half a can of Diet pop. It will come back-up with some force, bringing the blockage with it. This is advised by my provider to clear the blockage. The first time I didn't know about this trick and suffered in silence for seven hours, throwing up every 20mins or so to get rid of the accumulated saliva. It is not nice at all, but something we have to get used to. I heave every day as I'm learning what I can tolerate ... Bless you hunni xx

Thanks Lilac since I'm only a week pre op I'm just getting used to things. My Dr told me no soda at all but I'm used to drinking ginger ale when my stomach is upset. So I drank a sip of it today it went down horribly gave me gas right away. But from now on if I feel a blockage I will drink the diet soda even if it does cause it to come back up with avengence I would rather feel that then this pain I'm feeling now. I did try to sleep it off to no avail. I hope this soon passes and that I'll be back to normal soon. NOTE TO SELF if its not watery consistency DON'T ATTEMPT TO EAT IT!!!!

Try and sleep it off. It will pass, but sometimes it takes a little time x

So true Paula I have tried to sleep it off but that's no help either. So now to wait I see my surgeon tomorrow so hopefully he'll be able to answer a few questions for me.

I've never been told to use fizz to clear a blockage so be careful with that. I have no problem vomiting to bring up stuck food. Maybe I'm lucky!

I've never been told to use fizz to clear a blockage so be careful with that. I have no problem vomiting to bring up stuck food. Maybe I'm lucky!

You sure are tea loving sleever I tried to do that but nothing was really coming back up I guess as the grits settled in my stomach they became solid I guess gees lucky me with this feeling of a full belly as I tried to drink water it was getting stuck with no where to go but back up again. I'm scared to eat anything else right now until my stomach settles I never had a problem until today.. Trial and Error I guess.. Taking baby steps back to eating normally again..

Drinking when I'm over full is a sure fire way to make me vomit as it just sits on top!

Oh well I guess you know to avoid them now.

I can't really understand why grits would be allowed by your team but not oatmeal? They seem very similar.

I can't really understand why grits would be allowed by your team but not oatmeal? They seem very similar.

My thoughts exactly Yvessa but I guess as time progresses they will be allowed but I need to get back on track these grits just set me back... Something I was trying so hard to avoid.. That pain was unbearable.. Even worse than the surgery itself.. Ugh

hey drod - are you feeling better now? feeling for you sweetie xxxx

Yes thanks for asking Witchin I ate cream soup last night it went down well and there were no issues.. I see my Dr today can't wait to ask about my laxatives... Because I'm feeling hopeless in that department eating this food and nothing coming out that's another reason I've gained so much weight over the years.. Keep your fingers crossed for me that my Dr says yes about the laxatives so I can be more at ease with my intestines and not feel so bloated.. :) fingers crossed lol

Back